PDA

View Full Version : Lash Adjusters

Roadrunner
30-06-2003, 12:31 AM
Interesting .... (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24643)

BraindG
30-06-2003, 01:02 AM
yeah, mine have started ticking again.. /sighs...

need to sort out getting these for the VR4..

haydar
30-06-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by BraindG
yeah, mine have started ticking again.. /sighs...

need to sort out getting these for the VR4..

Mitsubishi do the larger hole lash adjusters too!!!! Don't forget though that the VR4 has 8 more lash adjusters compared to the EVO. Since I've had this problem too I think I've found someone who can source genuine parts from Mitsubishi for less than half the UK price list. The UK price list is about £25+VAT each!!!!! :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( This is criminal!!!!

By the way, the EVO lash adjusters don't fit nor do the 3000GTO!!!! Both of these lash adjusters are too big for the VR4 :mad: :mad: :mad:

I feel strongly that Mitsubishi should take some responsibility for the lash adjusters because it is clearly a design fault. Well maintained cars like mine INSERT INTO post VALUES (oil change on average every 3000 miles with full synthetic oil) should not being ticking like time bombs!!!!

BraindG, will the garage you bought the car from cover this fault. I would personally insist that this is not acceptable and get them to fix it ASAP. Also insist that they change the lash adjusters and not just the oil. They could play for time and just be waiting for your warranty to run out, due to the expense of fixing the problem. Also insist that they change ALL the lash adjusters to the newer 3mm holed ones INSERT INTO post VALUES (the originals only have 1mm holes). Sometimes what they do is a compression test on the lash adjusters just replacing the ones that have leaked. This is only a temporary fix since another one will start to tick in a few months and you'll have the problem all over again.

If you have a non Mitsubishi warranty, they might claim this is a wear and tear item. This is what mine told me and since I didn't know better at the time I let them get away with it. You have got to insist that this is a known Mitsubishi problem AND NOT wear and tear!!!

Good luck.

BraindG
30-06-2003, 08:33 AM
thanks for the advice mate.. im getting onto them today..
keep you posted..

Barry