PDA

View Full Version : Not getting email notifications

Grinder
20-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Anyone else got a problem I don't get any email notifications. The email address in my User CP is correct. Hmmm.

Nick Mann
20-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Email notifications of what? New posts in threads? Are you subscribed to the threads?

I turned automatic subscribtion off a few months ago in my user cp. They were driving me mad! By design, I still get e-mails if people put new threads in the events section.

Grinder
20-10-2004, 12:00 PM
Well I was referring to the ones where you've posted a comment and you're waiting for responses. But I just got a notification for this thread so I guess all is well!

But I'm getting nothing on the Cheap Legnum thread http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5666. Think I'll check my settings again, confirm I'm not mad.

Nick Mann
20-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Go to the cheap legnum thread, click on 'thread tools' and then click on 'subscribe to thread'.

See if that solves the problem.

Also click on user cp and check if the thread is in your subscribed threads list.

Grinder
20-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Hmm 'thread tools' shows 'unsubscribe from this thread' and my notifications are set as 'Instant' so it looks OK. I guess either its intermittent (as I got the notification for your contribution to this thread) or something is up with threads that I didn't start, as it were (thats the only difference between that one and this).

I suppose it doesn't really matter - I should be a better club member and check the forum more frequently!

BraindG
20-10-2004, 12:32 PM
you could try unsubscribing, and re-subscribing

Legnum Boy
20-10-2004, 12:41 PM
ha ha ha.... the typical computer related problem answer...

1. Turn it off
2. Turn it back on again
3. See if it happens again... :-D :-D :-D

BraindG
20-10-2004, 12:48 PM
:D - normally, its more a case off, try rebooting.. lemme surf some more, if there is still a problem, please contact the helpdesk..

thanks