PDA

View Full Version : Simota induction kit.

simpsonm
20-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Hi

Anyone got one of these?

Was thinking of investing but am a little unsure.

SGHOM
20-10-2004, 04:45 PM
you could do I suppose ?? But BDA has used a baked bean tin, some gaffer tape, & A £25 mushroom filter to good effect !! & I have the same filter, but mine is fed by the wifes Vacuum hose !! :rolleyes5 :laugh: :laugh:
both to good effect !!

simpsonm
20-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Yes that gaffer tape hides the bean tin quite well. They only want £35 notes for the kit from the funky products sale.

simpsonm
29-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Well, just fitted it, is everything on this car just a swine to do.

Firstly disconnecting the front half of the original filter box, started unscrewing the top bolt that holds this to the shell of the engine bay. The fooker took ages to unscrew just to snap. So I have half a bolt embedded in my engine bay. Then I lost a nut from the back of the MAF. Man not avin a good day, the original MAF bolts are not quite long enough for me for the replacement MAF adapter.

Managed to get it all on and realised I had a pipe pop off the manifold. There was no clip on it so I shoved it back on (hope it stays on).

The filter came with no mounting brackets so cable ties will have to suffice for the moment.

The engine sounds much quieter on tick over compared to what it used to. But you can definately tell a difference in pulling power.

Just need to get some longer bolts and a bracket of somekind then I'll be much happier.

Cheers

Mick

ShadyNZer
01-11-2004, 05:55 AM
hey was your filter one like this??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts/Other-accessories/auction-17806393.htm

if so the i might get one since it sounds like its all good...

simpsonm
01-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Nope

It's more like the K&N style product 1472 on this webpage http://www.funkyproduct.co.uk/item.php?carNumber=24&carMake=Galant&catTypeNumber=17&catType=Air%20Intake%20Stuff&subcatType=Air%20Induction%20Kits&subcatTypeNumber=80