PDA

View Full Version : Easy guide.

MrDurst
30-06-2003, 12:36 PM
Does anyone know an easy way of telling which VR4 is which? I can see by looking round the forum their are different types and didn't realise it till I looked here. What do I look for, when were different things introduced and phased out etc...
You know, things like changes in BHP and if it's got tracton control.....
Any tips appreciated, thanx.
:confused:

BraindG
30-06-2003, 12:45 PM
find out the differences between Types here (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/info/articles/showarticle.php?id=30)

the tracion control, as far as i can gather is an optional extra.. some have em, some dont.. same as sunroof, and rear wiper INSERT INTO post VALUES (yucky)...

im sure youll get some more replies to help you out

MrDurst
30-06-2003, 01:05 PM
Nice 1, ta! ;)
Does any1 have pic's of the dash display?

BraindG
30-06-2003, 01:12 PM
heres (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/info/articles/index.php) a little one..

will do a better one tonight

Simon
30-06-2003, 05:37 PM
:)

MrDurst
30-06-2003, 07:12 PM
thanx guys, are these the dash displays that black out when not active? :Ponder:

BraindG
30-06-2003, 08:01 PM
yup, as if by magic, it all disapears... INSERT INTO post VALUES (kinda)

MrDurst
01-07-2003, 04:38 AM
:cool1: COOL:cool1:

Brind
01-07-2003, 07:28 PM
That's a rare sight to see a VR-4 with half a tank of fuel! :D

Welcome to the site MrDurst.

Mid 98 the shape changed.
Stuff like extra airbags, sun roof, sports interior and traction control are optional extras on official imports.
New shape auto will be 276bhp before that, auto was 260bhp.
Manual all shapes has always been 276bhp.
Flared arches on new shape autos.
Rear wipers on new shape.

landy
01-07-2003, 10:25 PM
the only time i see half a tank of fuel is a few miles down the road from the garage after i've filled her up.:D :D :p

INSERT INTO post VALUES (only joking, i love my VR4. it's not that bad on fuel really either)

landy
01-07-2003, 10:27 PM
i feel guilty now, i said something nasty about my car behind her back :nono: :Cry1:

MrDurst
02-07-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by landy
the only time i see half a tank of fuel is a few miles down the road from the garage after i've filled her up.:D :D :p

INSERT INTO post VALUES (only joking, i love my VR4. it's not that bad on fuel really either)
And I was going to ask about fuel consumption aswell. :p
I went to look at one yesterdayINSERT INTO post VALUES (260T.Tronic); it was in black! However, when I asked the salesperson why it wasn't wearing any VR4 badges he told me the last owner did it to make it in to a Q car. All well and good, I was intending to do this anyway!:D Then I asked him to lift the bonnet, then I noticed a replacement headlamp!!! Now when they de-badged the car they put a VR-M grill on, or was it because it's cheaper to replace after an accident? :nono:

Thanx for the welcome Brind.

;)

-LegnumVR4-
02-07-2003, 10:50 AM
Check the bonnet gaps, check the little rubber screw things that adjust the bonnet to see if they are even height INSERT INTO post VALUES (they are on the raidator support). U could also look at the inside of the bonnet to see if there is an engine sticker with all the factory spec on it, most of the time they aren't there if it's had the bonnet replaced. Look at the bumper to see if it is warped. Check the rear boot gaps and the bumper. Check all the gaps around the front guards.

Compare another VR-4 to double check. If the car hasn't had a ding then it should be very even all over. Site the paint work from different angles, black is a very hard colour to get right, it will show up any 'patchup' jobs. Check the head light brackets where they bolt to the car to see if they have been plastic welded.

MrDurst
04-07-2003, 10:27 AM
Thanx, I'll check it out if I go back to that one.