PDA

View Full Version : Underpowered ? No Idea Where To Go Next

Spirit
23-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Goint to open this up to the forum as I have had enough of head scratching and I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Since installing my Apexi RSM I have not been able to get a reading above 240Ps, even though my boost controller is hitting 1bar bang on.

Everything on the Apexi is set up the same as my old car so I know the settings are correct so I guessed the G sensor was faulty, however having swapped this with Sean's we have proven this is not the case.

Now, I should be sat here deeply concerned but something doesn't make sense.

1: When I turn the boost controller off the Apexi shows around 190-200Ps, so I gain 40-50Ps with it on, which matches my last car and Sean power gains
2: We spent about an hour looking for air leaks from vacuum hoses and could not find anything
3: I ran 14.5 at Pod with these readings.......now last October this car, my old car and Brind all ran 15.0 or 15.1 with just induction/exhaust upgrades.....and my old one ran a best of 14.3 (after boost controller fitted) which was perfectly set up and had a good launch.

Anyone got any ideas as this is doing my head in ! My last remaining option currently is to rolling road it in November at a UJCC day - but I would rather cure it before this.....if there is something to cure. Surely a VR4 running 240Ps would be lucky to beat 15.5 at Pod and not 14.5 !

Thanks

Pete

enigma
23-10-2004, 11:08 AM
You are quite clearly not under powered. It is more likely to be that you haven't installed the G Sensor perfectly or you haven't calibrated it properly.

Spirit
23-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Thats what I thought Dave, but when we moved my G sensor to Seans we got the same reading on his car as his G sensor gave, and when we moved his G sensor to mine we got 240Ps to - I have recalliberated everything loads of times and re-initialised the RSM loads of times too.

BTW - the rev/speed readings on the RSM are spot on too

Polabear
23-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Thats what I thought Dave, but when we moved my G sensor to Seans we got the same reading on his car as his G sensor gave, and when we moved his G sensor to mine we got 240Ps to - I have recalliberated everything loads of times and re-initialised the RSM loads of times too.

BTW - the rev/speed readings on the RSM are spot on too

We also swapped over the RSM head units between cars....... :lipsrseal :sad3:

Kieran
23-10-2004, 01:30 PM
What ECU inputs does the RSM tap into?

Spirit
23-10-2004, 01:41 PM
What ECU inputs does the RSM tap into?

Only four - 12v+, 12v -, Speed signal and Rev signal