PDA

View Full Version : New tyres ordered

SGHOM
23-10-2004, 11:03 PM
I've just ordered, on line, some new tyres, Falken FK 451. [ www.mytyres.co.uk ]I know a lot of you are singing the praises of Goodyear F1's, but these have served me well over 15 months, & 13,000 miles !! after all, they are re-badged Yokohama's !! . I finally wrecked mine today at Elvington. :-b :-b

£96.10 inc post & packing.

Legnum Boy
25-10-2004, 02:50 AM
Silly question time.... :$

Who fits the tyres to the wheels for you? :|

I will be ordering some new F1's for my *cough* Rover GTI soon, and the price on www.mytyres is too good to beat locally. I'm sure I will still get ripped off by asking a local garage to fit the tyres. :rolleyes:

Can it be done like a bicycle tyre, with forks from the kitchen draw??? :-D :-D ;)

Polabear
25-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Silly question time.... :$

Who fits the tyres to the wheels for you? :|

I will be ordering some new F1's for my *cough* Rover GTI soon, and the price on www.mytyres is too good to beat locally. I'm sure I will still get ripped off by asking a local garage to fit the tyres. :rolleyes:

Can it be done like a bicycle tyre, with forks from the kitchen draw??? :-D :-D ;)

:rolleyes5 er..... :nono: :nono: :nono:

Jimbo
25-10-2004, 10:31 AM
ATS will fit them for you, this is what I did on Friday after buying mine from mytyres last month. They (ATS) took me to the cleaners, but they did an excellent job, so I can't complain.

Fitting 4 Tyres: £31.80
Tubless Valves: £10.16
Balancing: £20.40 :headsc:
Disposal (2): 1.70
VAT: 11.22

It still worked out about £30-40 cheaper overall than the next best quote from tyres4u, and about £100 cheaper overall than Kwik Fit!

venomboy
25-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Derek, are those Falkens any good in the wet? I need some for wifes FTO and no ABS and lead foot wife bad combination.
VB

HJM
25-10-2004, 06:18 PM
We have the same tyres, bought as part of a wheel package and can't praise them enough !

Good in all conditions, on the road, on the track and on grass :lipsrseal

SGHOM
25-10-2004, 08:08 PM
picture one used to say Falken on the outside !! :lipsrseal :$

but, more worryingly, picture two is the INSIDE ??

both of those are the front, but the rears are just as bad ?? I think I need the camber adjusting !! :rolleyes5 I think it may be a dealer job ?? Kwik Fit did not want to know !

Is It easy to do ??

Spirit
25-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Could it be anything to do with the PI springs you have fitted Derek, just going back to the question about them being for a V6 24 and not a VR4 ?

SGHOM
25-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Could it be anything to do with the PI springs you have fitted Derek, just going back to the question about them being for a V6 24 and not a VR4 ?
I think you're right Pete !! The place I got them from were 'pretty' sure they were for my car. :sad3: not pretty enough It seems. :$
I'll keep a close eye on my new tyres, & the first sign of uneven wear, then I look for some coilovers. I've been tempted for a while, but not had the money.

/edit ; I'm happy with the wear on the outside !! I did that !! :-b :D :D
but the inside ?? :rolleyes5

Spirit
25-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Could always look at the Bilstein set up I have on order too - £491 for the shocks and springs - hopefully they will be in my grubby mits this week and car is provisionally booked into AP on Friday night just in case (8pm....so looks like another late 'un :laugh: )

SGHOM
25-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Could always look at the Bilstein set up I have on order too - £491 for the shocks and springs - hopefully they will be in my grubby mits this week and car is provisionally booked into AP on Friday night just in case (8pm....so looks like another late 'un :laugh: )

I'd be very tempted Pete, but I've just ordered this !! :lipsrseal :$ :$

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/TruHome/TruComputers/TruComputersHandheld/783463

Spirit
25-10-2004, 09:58 PM
That looks interesting Derek, will look in more detail later as got some work to do now - may be tempted myself ;)

SGHOM
25-10-2004, 10:00 PM
Wirdy [ Nige ] has got one, & It's as cool as a cool thing can be !! :-b :-b hic !! :$ :lipsrseal

Jimbo
25-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Very tempted by one of those myself, my mate has the same software on his PDA that Wirdy showed us, and he's been on at me to get something similar....very compact, I like it a lot.

enigma
26-10-2004, 07:36 AM
I have a PDA sitting doing nothing, and the software, and you can plug a USB gps receiver in to it! :rolleyes5

Polabear
30-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Derek, are those Falkens any good in the wet? I need some for wifes FTO and no ABS and lead foot wife bad combination.
VB

Sticky as..... in any conditions VB, ;)

SGHOM
30-10-2004, 09:31 PM
SORTED !! :-b

took my car in to kwik fit last week & swapped my knackered wheel/tyre combo, for my spare set.
took delivery of my new [ wider ] Falkens yesterday, & dropped them off at kwik fit, so they can fit them at their leisure.
back again this morning to get my alloys with new tyres fitted back on my car, & paid them the princely sum of .
. £10 :-b :-b

you cant get better than a kwik fit fitter !! :laugh: :laugh:
nice chaps................ until they told me one of my front wheels is buckled !! :lipsrseal :$ :$

gerryli
31-10-2004, 08:49 AM
Hi there. Anybody knows about what tyre pressure you should keep for front/rear tyres on a VR4 ? Just bought one but as it is a import from Japan the manual is in Japanese as well :rolleyes5 Cheers.

venomboy
31-10-2004, 10:06 AM
you cant get better than a kwik fit fitter !! :laugh: :laugh:
nice chaps................ until they told me one of my front wheels is buckled !! :lipsrseal :$ :$

my wife had a company calibra V6 (quite tasty, actually, black, leather, air con, traction.) took it in to kwik fit for brake change (local, company paying.) "discs warped need new ones" ok co. payed. Three months later took it in for tyres. "discs are warped need new ones" ok you put the last lot in replace them FOC, hurried conversation, "not neccessary within tolerance"
theres always something extra with kwik fit, like the time they refused to put new rear shoes on my Alfa. as the slave cylinder was leaking, I took it back and found the hub caps still cable tied to the wheels, just as I'd given it to them! clairvoyent them kwik fit fitters.

Spirit
31-10-2004, 10:22 AM
Hi there. Anybody knows about what tyre pressure you should keep for front/rear tyres on a VR4 ? Just bought one but as it is a import from Japan the manual is in Japanese as well :rolleyes5 Cheers.

I personally run mine at 34psi all round, but there are variations between members

venomboy
31-10-2004, 10:26 AM
VBpsi front 33psi rear, Thats standard 16 inch wheels, if you have 17 or 18s I should think you might run softer or have your kidneys liquified!
VB

gerryli
31-10-2004, 10:45 AM
'ey up lad !
Thanks for the tip. Not taking the mick, just that my partner comes from Leeds (Kirkstall) and is a big fan of the Rhinos. Don't know how long I can hold back on the blue and amber paint job on the car ! :rolleyes:

venomboy
31-10-2004, 10:59 AM
I'm an East Ender from London :cool1:
If there's two things I hate (and actually there are bloody millions, cos I'm an opinionated pompous git.) It's football, closely followed by rugby, Last bastions of tribalism, if you ain't us you're them.
Still can't judge a book by it's post code eh!
Relax, it's cool.
BTW are you up late or early! Is it Sunday or Monday?

gerryli
31-10-2004, 11:06 AM
No worries mate...it is all cool. Don't quite understand all this "beasty" energy around a football (of any shape) anyway... :p
Leeds is quite cool though. Hope you are having a great time there cruising on the yorkshire dales.
I am up late it is 23.07 Sunday night down here.

Polabear
31-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Running 34psi all round on 225/45/17" running softer causes her to squirm round a bit, also have suspension lowered all round