PDA

View Full Version : more tuning ideas

turboneep
24-10-2004, 11:56 AM
so what else can i do to my vr4 for more performance? i'v already got raised boost, full hks exhaust, hks induction, uprated brakes and uprated suspension. i want more power! :rolleyes5 need some suggestions

SGHOM
24-10-2004, 12:06 PM
i want more power!
NITROUS !!

borgan
24-10-2004, 12:52 PM
What's your budget & how much power are you after.

Spirit
24-10-2004, 02:03 PM
so what else can i do to my vr4 for more performance? i'v already got raised boost, full hks exhaust, hks induction, uprated brakes and uprated suspension. i want more power! :rolleyes5 need some suggestions

Love to see some pics mate, and a little more info :

1: What boost do you run at and which controller ?
2: What brake set up ?
3: What suspension set up ?

Cheers

Pete

stonegr
24-10-2004, 03:10 PM

You can take turbo pipes from cusco.

This is from Funky Products : ( http://www.funkyproduct.co.uk )
Here's the prices for the Cusco piping:

For a EC5W LEGNUM with 6A13 engine,
* CUSCO Aluminium Turbo Pipe
(including pipe from turbo to intercooler x 2 and pipe from intercooler
to surge tank x 1): GBP£269.00 all-in.

I allready order them from local tuner. :D
Funky is a litle expencive. :|

You can install a piggy back ECU Greddy E-manage works perfect on vr4's
:-b :-b :-b :-b

Big Ian
24-10-2004, 09:42 PM
:sad3: i do'nt want to seam like a "fuddy duddy" :lipsrseal ......but you may get more responce to your VR4 question's in a VR4 section? ;)

Spirit
24-10-2004, 09:45 PM
:sad3: i do'nt want to seam like a "fuddy duddy" :lipsrseal ......but you may get more responce to your VR4 question's in a VR4 section? ;)

:lolz: well spotted Ian, missed that......now moved ;)

turboneep
24-10-2004, 09:53 PM
i'm running 1.2 bar boost, with hks springs and bilstien dampers and uprated suspension arms to keep the geometrey right. for the brakes i'm running a fast road pad with bigger disks. has anybody in the club chipped their vr4? or does anyone know of sporty cams for the vr4? :)

Nick Mann
24-10-2004, 10:38 PM
I think one guy has played with cams. Several have played with chips - I think the greddy emanage. Do a search on greddy and see what turns up.

Where abouts are you based? If you can be in Sheffield for fireworks weekend, you may be able to have a look at a couple of quick Legnums. (See the Events section.)

There are two ways of catching up on ideas - at a meet, or reading through lots of old threads!

turboneep
25-10-2004, 11:47 PM
cheers for the advice whats the beifit of the cusco turbo pipes?

turboneep
25-10-2004, 11:52 PM
cheers for the advice whats the beifit of the cusco turbo pipes?

Kieran
26-10-2004, 07:39 AM
When your turbos start to SUUUUUCK (especially if you're running more than standard boost), you can see the standard woven textile pipes flex and ripple - not good for even, steady boost, and if you're running mega-ninja-whoneedspistonsanyway boost levels, the standard piping may let go. But the VR-4 isn't in much danger of that I don't think.