PDA

View Full Version : SOLD 5speed Manual Gearbox, Longer 1st and 2nd gears, new bearings

taylor
24-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Seeing if anyone is interested in buying my box. For Legnum/Galant VR4

Both shafts were stripped down, 1st and second gears from an Evo 5 and rest inspected and reassembled, installed and all new bearings, this was done 7,000 ks ago.

Never shed a drop of oil, nice smooth changes, No crunching. When work was done we had two complete gearsets, so the best syncro rings were picked for each gear. All work was done by a mechanic at Mitsubishi in Christchurch.

This setup is great on both street and track. Allows you to sit on boost in second and nail it coming out of a corner, my car spins up all fours!

Dont really want to sell it, But for what Im doing is going to require me changing it again and the ratios will become the same as a standard evo box.

Brad may or may not chime in here with the official ratios, but they are evo 5 1st and second, std vr4 3rd, 4th, 5th

Any questions ask away

on a side note, I have all the leftover bits if anyone is requiring something

Kenneth
24-05-2011, 10:28 PM
It could be worth holding on to to put the 4.111 final drive on your new engine. Evo owners are paying reasonable amounts for that "mod" to theirs.

low_vr4
25-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Your car spins up all fours? damn what boost you running?

taylor
25-05-2011, 01:31 AM
16-17 psi. its just the ability to sit just on bost amd have that power come on straight away when you put the hammer dow nexiting a corner. Thats thanks to the taller ratios

mattnz
25-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Not having AYC would help as well, I'd imagine :p

taylor
25-05-2011, 06:08 AM
sure does/rally

low_vr4
25-05-2011, 09:50 AM
guess my car feels sluggish with the clutch slipping, ill get rid of ayc eventually

VR4WGN
25-05-2011, 11:16 AM
guess my car feels sluggish with the clutch slipping, ill get rid of ayc eventually

That costs real money tho.. The rate you complain re costs etc student this and that i DOUBT youd ever get an open diff.anyone can light a vr4 up even on standard boost its all down to hiw you apply what. But dont think you shoild try this if you cannot aford clutches or diffs etc on a regular base

taylor
25-05-2011, 11:19 AM
That costs real money tho.. The rate you complain re costs etc student this and that i DOUBT youd ever get an open diff.anyone can light a vr4 up even on standard boost its all down to hiw you apply what. But dont think you shoild try this if you cannot aford clutches or diffs etc on a regular base

This is true. however a lesson generally learnt the hard way!

VR4WGN
25-05-2011, 07:55 PM
lol, how long have most of us owned a VR4? and to date luckly i have not blown a diff or box yet(touch wood) but i have bucled a 3 puk clutch tho.......

taylor
26-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Sold!

low_vr4
26-05-2011, 10:41 AM

I edited my original post as dont want to get banned from clubvr4. Do you know any students with a VR4 AND another modified car? didnt think so. You speak like you know me and wtf is "real money"? oh and ill have my I.T degree in a month...so ill have the cash to do whatever the hell i want to do to my Vr4 without a worry

VR4WGN
26-05-2011, 11:04 AM
I edited my original post as dont want to get banned from clubvr4. Do you know any students with a VR4 AND another modified car? didnt think so. You speak like you know me and wtf is "real money"? oh and ill have my I.T degree in a month...so ill have the cash to do whatever the hell i want to do to my Vr4 without a worry
Students=BUS................................ i was only stating fact and truth sorry if you feel pinned..iv put HEPS of students in vr4's too btw and they are all still round NZ and happy wit their VR4's
anyhow over and out

low_vr4
26-05-2011, 11:09 AM
sure you have...put them in VR4's with "help" from their parents. i own both my cars, both with full insurance

VR4WGN
26-05-2011, 07:28 PM
no theyr big enough to own their own life and not get hand outs,, anyhow parents would usually never lend money for a turbo car ...
Yay for you having full insurance,Gold star your way...

low_vr4
27-05-2011, 01:35 AM
anywho, taylor got any vids of yours spinning the wheels??

mattnz
27-05-2011, 03:04 AM
I wouldn't imagine it's too difficult even at stock power, just need a solid diff and a good clutch.