PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to make some money?

TwinTurbo
25-05-2011, 12:53 PM
ok guys

seems that no one cares about Galant/Legnum VR4 Definition files, I searched all the forums in the net, sent 1000s of PM-s and emails to the people who really understands and knows the way to dissasebly, but no answer at all!!

So now, I want to make it clear

I will pay 3 digit amount to the guy who will make following things working on VR4 Manual ECU:

1. Stationaty Rev Limit
2. NLTS (its possible I think)
3. Launch Control (this is possible for sure on standard ECU)
4. Lean Spool

Any other items found will be payed additionally.

If anyone are interesed please post here

Thanks in advance

P.S.

final version of XML file will go public and shared on all forums

taylor
25-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Its not just a matter of the XML file, it only just list whats on the rom image itself. To get the functions you are after you need to do more than sit there with a hex editor comparing between known strings and comparing it to our unknown ones. It requires a complete dissasembly of the ROM. This is what takes the time, alot of it, It requires pouring over datasheets, figuring out what pins inside the board go where and slowly hacking your way through the code to find what refers to what, and then once all that is figured out you can look at modifying it with the above things.

It is theoretically possible to have all of the functions listed here: http://geekmapped.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1945 on our ecus. But as you have learnt so few people own these cars, the interest is not there.

If you are in such a rush to get these features, I would be looking at a megasquirt. Best bang for your buck, bit of a learning curve but it will give you far more tuneability the factory ecu, and many more features.

So to recap, its not a matter of finding these features in the ecu, they just are not there

TwinTurbo
25-05-2011, 01:47 PM
There is a another logical way to do it. simply modify some existing Tephra or Ceddy mods to VR4 ECU.

there is a good example were nearly all that features works on Standard ECU found by one of the russian and the way he didi it is exactly the one that I mentioned above, he modified TephraMod and fited on VR4 Standard ECU

So there is everything you like, its just a meter of time and how much you want to play for it.

chris g
25-05-2011, 01:51 PM
With what you are after and from what has been written here about such work, it sounds like you should be paying into four figure amount...

taylor
25-05-2011, 01:58 PM
There is a another logical way to do it. simply modify some existing Tephra or Ceddy mods to VR4 ECU.

there is a good example were nearly all that features works on Standard ECU found by one of the russian and the way he didi it is exactly the one that I mentioned above, he modified TephraMod and fited on VR4 Standard ECU

So there is everything you like, its just a meter of time and how much you want to play for it.

Yes, as i said, you can essentialy copy and paste in the code from ceddys roms, but
A) you need to know what code, and im pretty sure ceddy is not going to just hand over the dissasebly of his rom, all commented with what is where, that you are copying (Carl, patryn999 on here has asked more than once in different forums and been told no)
B) you need to have the vr4 rom dissasembled, the rom has algorithms in it specific to running our engine, you need to modify the routines to do what you want it to.

I am not saying that it cant be done, by all means it can, however it cannot be done quickly or easily. if you are expecting a result in the next year even two, forget about it.

foxdie
25-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Might be worth getting a bounty done, I don't mind throwing in a few quid to help better the club and it's cars :)

exevoowner
25-05-2011, 09:04 PM
if there is enough intrest then couldn't there be someone who is willing to crack the file

Kenneth
25-05-2011, 09:54 PM
I can take a look into it. I think I have the ceddy mods image so ill disassemble that and see what it is going to take.
Hopefully I can get started on that this weekend.

No promises though. For only 3 figures I am not about to place it high on my priority list.

VR4WGN
26-05-2011, 07:33 PM
and the tender starts at $XXXX........

Kenneth
02-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Looks like I have Stationary RPM limit, Launch Control and probably Anti-lag (sounds like it /haz ) operational. Car sits at just over 3000 RPM popping and what not with around 5psi of boost.

No Lift To Shift is going to be a bit more difficult as I would need to find a "spare" input which can be used to detect the clutch.
Lean spool is pretty low priority, though ill look at it. Is there any reason why we need lean spool? It isn't like there is any real lag to get around with standard turbos.

TwinTurbo
02-06-2011, 08:59 AM
sounds good Kenneth, check out my PM

lateshow
02-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Evos tend to operate much better without lean spool! AFR follows maps more accurately and mixture becomes rich fast enough when you hit the gas pedal. Removing lean spool makes tuning much simpler as tuning out knocks becomes easy too. (Knocks every time the same amount.)

wintertidenz
03-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Awesome news Kenneth... any news on switchable maps?

Kenneth
03-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Depends on what you call news. The news is that I have not even approached that yet.

This stuff takes a while to do. Implementing Stationary RPM limit, launch control and anti-lag took me at least 20 hours and that was being able to use someone elses code as and example.

I am not in this for money, but if you want a rush on something then money is a good motivator.
If you would like to donate you can either pay pal to my email address (pm me if you need it) or pm me for bank account details.

Shtiv
05-06-2011, 12:45 PM
I think there's a few of us trying to get these hacked and modded roms working better but in my case and I'm sure in the case of most of the others it's a problem of time, 20 hours for me is really hard to find and my skills at this hacking stuff aren't at Kenneths level so add another 20 and that's just to catch up!

exevoowner
17-06-2011, 07:43 PM
lol think it was me id still be there now lol

foxdie
17-06-2011, 08:01 PM
I was reading this thread thinking if it was worth a bump.. :)

Mark 4
17-06-2011, 08:06 PM
So was it ?

scott.mohekey
06-07-2011, 01:10 AM
So did Kenneth end up getting these three figures you were talking about?

Ryan
06-07-2011, 04:40 AM
I sure hope so.