PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Belgium!

triplexke
24-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi! I've just joined your site, as i came across it searching for some vr-4 pics and some info. I myself drive a 97 mitsu galant 2.5 v6-24 (not bad for a 22 year old eh? ;) ) I've been driving for two years now, and have had 4 cars. Never had an accident with one of them, but i was never happy with the power of it :) So far i had a toyota starlet 1000cc (you've gotta start somewhere don't ya ;) ), next was the fiat brava 1.4 (God forgive me for that one :D ), then i bought a bmw 316 (i loved that car for the looks, had a full m3-kit installed, but just wasnt happy about the power :( ) And then finally (!) a friend of mine who owns a mitsubishi dealership guided me towards the light! I now am the very proud owner of a mitsu galant 2.5 v6, and by the looks of it, this one is going to last forever. Finally i have the power i always wanted, the comfort i could only dream of, and the car that makes peoples head turn! There you go, that was about it :) As soon as i figure out how to put pics on this site, i'll show you some :)
I know the v6 isn't near the car you (lucky) guys own, but being very young, and having to pay my fuel and taxes myself, the vr-4 is way out of my league :d Another thing, you can't buy them here in Belgium ;)
Hope to hear something from you guys, and thanks for having me!
Greets, Triplexke

Kieran
24-10-2004, 09:08 PM
:welcome:

Welcome to Club VR-4! :-b Hope you find the site useful, and there's several owners (like me! :-D ) who have non VR-4s - we have a good mix of V6-24s, V6 Sports (like mine! ;)) and the evergreen GLS (which was one of my former Galants).

Search the forums and I'm sure you'll find all the information you could ever need - but feel free to ask us if not :)

And if you find the site useful, why not consider becoming our first Belgian member! :-D

Spirit
24-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Welcome aboard mate and good to have another non-VR4 on here, all variations of Galants and Legnums are welcome here.

When you have time would be interesting if you can give us a run down of the sort of costs of motoring in Belgium.....always interesting to see how we compare (usually badly) here in the UK - e.g. cost of fuel, insurance, road taxes etc ;)

triplexke
24-10-2004, 09:44 PM
well, i can only give you the prices in euro (you'll sure find something to put them in your currancy i guess ;) ) the road taxes each year are about 750 euro, insurance 937 euro, a full tank puts me back another 65 euro each time, and when you buy a car (even a secondhand one), you always have to pay some sort of extra taxes, that cost me about 800 euro... The normal wage here in belgium is about 1400 euro, so for a young guy like me it's quite the expensive car :) But i just love it too much to sell it :$

triplexke
24-10-2004, 11:14 PM
By the way, might be interested in the full membership... How much would it cost me, and how could i pay? I haven't got visa (too dangerous for me, as i have a hole in my pocket (don't know if you use that figure of speach in the english language?)) but i could make an international moneytransfer using the good old accountnumberthingy ;)

Greetz, Triplexke