PDA

View Full Version : ive fitted it?(for now)

Big Ian
24-10-2004, 10:03 PM
well my boot-lid is now the perch for a VR4 spoiler :D,i prep'd it,painted it and finished it with a few coat's of clear laquer on saturday at my in-law's.
i went back down today to fit it and!!!!! it's darker than my car?...i bought the paint A71 from halford's,ive used them before and got a perfect match!!
so i thought maybe it had been something to do with the job i done,i then get a scrap of metal spray the paint on to it and then held it against my car.....and nope it's still darker than my car?
ive fitted it for now but i think i'll be going to mitsy for the paint this week so i can do it again next weekend :sad3:

Bal
25-10-2004, 12:06 PM
mines off down the shop today.

B

Big Ian
25-10-2004, 06:49 PM
here are a couple of photos of my new spoiler fitted (for now?)
i took them before i rubbed it down for re-painting.
i must be honest "i do like it" :D

Lurch
25-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Is that a VR-4 spoiler? Looks different to the ones I've seen. Nice piping ;)

Kieran
25-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Gets a 100% :thumbsup: from me Ian! :-b

How did you attach it to your boot?

Big Ian
25-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Gets a 100% :thumbsup: from me Ian! :-b

How did you attach it to your boot?

it had it's own bolt's,plus ive used 2 screw's to help pull it down more at the back edge.
once i'm happy with the paint i'll use a bonding agent when i'm fitting it back on.

Big Ian
25-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Is that a VR-4 spoiler? Looks different to the ones I've seen. Nice piping ;)

it might be an item from a GDI version
(i think kieran was looking up part number's for me? :lipsrseal )
=MR 214173

RED
26-10-2004, 08:34 AM
:-D :thumbsup: That looks 100% better. I said trust me :devil5: :-D

pezza
26-10-2004, 09:38 AM
here are a couple of photos of my new spoiler fitted (for now?)
i took them before i rubbed it down for re-painting.
i must be honest "i do like it" :D

Yesh yesh.... does look the part.... :thumbsup:

Nice backend sir... :lipsrseal

Lurch
26-10-2004, 01:29 PM
it might be an item from a GDI version
(i think kieran was looking up part number's for me? :lipsrseal )
=MR 214173

Looking good :) What are those vents along the bottom? They look the biz :)

Big Ian
26-10-2004, 02:52 PM
thank's all :D ..

LURCH,
i cut out my bumper and added the vent's....i was bored one sunny sunday?

Big Ian
30-10-2004, 09:05 PM
:) OK-Dokey,ive re-rubbed it down,re-primed it,re-painted it,re-clear coated it and tomorrow i'll re-fit it :D i'm rather chuffed with the end result that i got,look's like a "class paint job :D "

...then take some photo's for the club calendar
(note to me....nice back ground? :dozey: )

J.A.P.
10-11-2004, 06:21 PM
Yesh yesh.... does look the part.... :thumbsup:

Nice backend sir... :lipsrseal

Hi Pezza - As far as I can remember from your photos you haven't got a rear spoiler on your wagon have you? Or are you still thinking about VR4 - lost the thread on your progress.

I got one a few weeks ago from an ebay seller recommended on here and I'm just having it it painted by the local tech college - result (hopefully..). Just got to work out whether to glue it on myself (or rather the car :-D ) or to take it to Mitsu dealer. I'll put pic up when it's done if you're interested - my V6 wagons the same colour and everything as yours, but without the big wheels. Might compensate for not getting VR4!

I really wish I hadn't posted this now, in the light of your re-modelled rear-end. You have my sympathies, Pezza mate.

adi
14-11-2004, 11:05 PM
looking good :D

What you done with your old spoiler? I'd buy it off you but i havent got a car to fit it on yet :D

Big Ian
14-11-2004, 11:41 PM
looking good :D

What you done with your old spoiler? I'd buy it off you but i havent got a car to fit it on yet :D

:sad3: sorry,ive promised it to a freind of the family...but if he does'nt want it now i'll let you know ;)

pezza
15-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Hi Pezza - As far as I can remember from your photos you haven't got a rear spoiler on your wagon have you? Or are you still thinking about VR4 - lost the thread on your progress.

I got one a few weeks ago from an ebay seller recommended on here and I'm just having it it painted by the local tech college - result (hopefully..). Just got to work out whether to glue it on myself (or rather the car :-D ) or to take it to Mitsu dealer. I'll put pic up when it's done if you're interested - my V6 wagons the same colour and everything as yours, but without the big wheels. Might compensate for not getting VR4!

I really wish I hadn't posted this now, in the light of your re-modelled rear-end. You have my sympathies, Pezza mate.

:) Hi JAP.... no worries about the post... WIll wait to see what insurance says...

But my next will have to be a galant wagon... I can't think of any other motor
right now to be honest.. That red is a peach of a colour... but also like the look of it in black so we shall see...

Hopefully wont be too long till I get a replacement...

WHen you sort the rear spoiler out post up a pic... Hmm dont think I have seen your car before? Have yer posted pics of it?

I mean time I have a Lex IS200 to drive which is kewl.. amazed how the ptrol seems to last forever!

Am thinking about VR4 but but.... LOL (Dont say it NIckM .. dont say it)..

Cheers

Pezz

keeko
16-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Tidy looking bus Ian.You`re absolutely right. That ain`t yer usual GLS!

Big Ian
17-11-2004, 01:55 AM
Tidy looking bus Ian.You`re absolutely right. That ain`t yer usual GLS!
Thank's Keeko,..it goes slightly deeper than look's though :lipsrseal (ive said to much) :laugh:
:rolleyes: i dont know what it is with my GLS but it does seam rather quick for a 2.0ltr
i had a shot of my mate's 2.0ltr sport estate......and it felt really slow!! nothing like the pick-up i get from mine?