PDA

View Full Version : Are these all the correct transfer case & diff seals I need?

eyeballprawn
30-05-2011, 02:13 PM
I have to take my automatic transmission out to change the rear crankshaft seal and t/c seals. While I'm doing the job I'd like to replace a few other seals too.

Could someone please help me confirm that the below parts are all the I need to order to reseal both sides of the transfer case?

L/H side of transfer case:

1 x MD727944 O-RING,T/F CASE
1 x MD745423 OIL SEAL,T/F DRIVE SHAFT,RR

R/H side of transfer case:

1 x MD755526 OIL SEAL,T/F CASE COVER,FR

Also, ASA is showing 2 part numbers for each of the transmission diff seals, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the difference is nor which one I should buy. Is it just the manufacturer that is different?

Transmission diff seals

2 x MN130496 OIL SEAL,T/M FR DIFF CASE (NDK) ?
-or-
2 x MN130498 OIL SEAL,T/M FR DIFF CASE (NOK) ?

Cheers

Edit: added a pic below of the transfer case seals that I plan to order.

eyeballprawn
14-06-2011, 10:04 AM
All sorted, and there is a mistake in ASA too I will get around to posting about.

eyeballprawn
14-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Here's the mistake I found. This seal is not required on 4WD cars even though it's shown in ASA for all iterations of automatic transmissions of those models. The seal is only needed for FWD vehicles and there is no physical way to fit it to our automatics because the transfer case mates into the transmission housing there and has its own o-ring and other larger half shaft seal.

Nick Mann
15-06-2011, 08:10 AM
That's interesting info. When I have ordered the seals for the transfer box they were all spot on, but I have never ordered a full set for the gearbox.