PDA

View Full Version : new jap boost controller

sabreuk
31-05-2011, 01:11 AM
hey up chaps been doing some ebay searches now and found this, searched long and hard and seems it is 100% brand new out, its and epracing depo boost controller looks quite good, small and tidy installation by the looks of everything. ive sent the bloke a message asking as its brand new and not recognised yet if he would like to try it on my baby at a lower cost. ive also asked if he would consider a group discount if it is worth the cost. i asked as he seems to have posted the same thread on just about every jap car forum from the skyline lads to supra lads and eveything else inbetween except ours. if he agrees ill keep ya all updated and if its not to bad and peeps are interested see what discount he is going to offer. but if any of ya have had experience with this boost controller let me know good or bad. thanks craig

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370481787074&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

sabreuk
31-05-2011, 11:07 AM
hey up guys just spoke to the lad at ep racing seems a geniune guy, he has said as a group discount if we get 10 people he is willing to do the units at £125.50 including postage in the price. ive just or orderd mine today and he said it will be here tomoz so ill post up the pics etc once it turns up and keep ya all updated. if your interested then giz a shout and sort out a bulk buy from him if it turns out to be a good lil unit.

mike74
31-05-2011, 12:34 PM
It sounds like its fairly basic but as long as it does what it says on the tin, it should be ok :)
A damn sight cheaper than HKS, Apexi etc etc anyway!

sabreuk
31-05-2011, 12:46 PM
your not wrong mike and its brand new on the market and unknown except in japan, there isnt much info on it at the min and the lad has only sold 10 units and hasnt had any feedback yet. so once ive got mine in ill keep ya all updated and let ya know how it stands up

vr4drifta
01-06-2011, 08:54 AM
sound good mate let us know im interested too

mike74
01-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Yep, please keep us informed as to how it goes. It certainly sounds a LOT better than a basic manual 2-stage job :)

sabreuk
03-06-2011, 08:44 PM
well its here and now fitted with a fair bit of swearing after following one of the guides on here. it is a doddle to put together the instructions are realy easy to follow and the control unit site just nice behind the stereo. like i said its all fitted and running just got to see if it works now. setting boost 1 and 2 is realy easy aswell and you have a choice of psi or bar as to what the gauge displays. the display itself is realy small and can be fitted anywhere you like ill post the pics once i was ve took them and ill get a vid of it working aswell to show you all. in all fareness the hardest thing with it was the plumbing side which as correctly stated in the thread involved shouting and swearing and it works those pipes just fall off after you do that. anyway ill go get the pics and vid done so you guys can see it working, time will tell if its any good. lets hope so.

sabreuk
03-06-2011, 10:13 PM
heres the video of it working

wrong link. deleted. proper link in next reply

adaxo
03-06-2011, 10:42 PM
heres the video of it working

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?56890-my-new-baby-is-home-)&highlight=chaps

Hmm, I cant find any video of boost controller in that link, is just some pictures of nice looking Galant.

sabreuk
04-06-2011, 12:43 AM
ooops my bad heres the correct link

video deleted to rectify upside downess

aboo
04-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Had to stand on my head for the in car bit of the vid :p 1 bar is around 14.7psi if I remember correctly. Looks like your gauge is out slightly.

sabreuk
04-06-2011, 08:14 PM
ho wcome you had to stand on your head for the in car bit bud? which gauge is out?

aboo
04-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Have you not watched it? the camera is upside down:) The EBC is set at 1bar but you say the gauge is reading 13psi which is not 1 bar.

Wobble
04-06-2011, 08:43 PM
1bar is 14.5 psi .13 psi is 0.895 bar

you would hit fuel cut i would have thought at 1 bar unless you have lifted fuel cut of course.

aboo
04-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Dave there are a few VR4' hitting 1 bar without fuel cut. I was hitting 16psi without fuel cut when the Greddy intercooler was fitted in February. Hoping to put it up to that next week at the 1/4 mile but the warmer weather may put a stop to that:(

sabreuk
04-06-2011, 09:43 PM
ah ok ill delete the vid and re upload it, been out to it and rectified a few things.
1. boost solenoid was the wrong way around doh!
2. put boost gauge on the same supply as the ebc, i had it tapped into a different pipe of the plenum
3. re read the instructions the bar setting is safety cut off not boost pressure there both in psi its the safety value in bar ????
4. reset the master saftey on the back of the unit to 1bar i had it set to low

well all i can say is it pays for the mrs to do my head in otherwise i wouldnt of gone and fiddled and im glad i did now. the boost gauge is reading exactly what the ebc is saying now the solenoid is venting at set pressure now which it wasnt and its made a hell of a difference its now been set to 8psi low and 13psi the overboost is now set to 1bar on bothe the control unit and display

aboo
04-06-2011, 11:36 PM
So when EBC is set to 1 bar the gauge is showing 14.5psi?

sabreuk
04-06-2011, 11:41 PM
well i havent got to 1bar ive set it to 13psi and the gauge is saying 13 aswell now

aboo
04-06-2011, 11:46 PM
I'm confused? You say here. 4. reset the master saftey on the back of the unit to 1bar i had it set to low but your at 13psi?

sabreuk
04-06-2011, 11:59 PM
i turned the safety switch the wrong way it was set at -1 bar now its set to 1 bar, the solenoid was the wrong around so it wasnt actualy doing its job and the pressure i was reading was the standard boost with the standard boost solenoid disconnected so the pressure on the gauge was 13psi with the solenoid disconected and mis read the ebc gauge

apeman69
05-06-2011, 01:48 AM
RTFM dude! lol
On a serious note, I'm interested to know how this performs but not for my Legnum.... or the Skyline.... just interested I guess!

Not that I'm particularly bothered but is this thread supposed to be in the Resource Library?

sabreuk
05-06-2011, 06:23 PM
well here is the new video with the proper function of the ebc :-/ and its the right way around now :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISltdreB2g4

Wobble
05-06-2011, 06:36 PM
confusing factor is it reads in both psi and bar. so boost is set in psi and over boost is set in bar? so what does it read in psi or bar?

adaxo
05-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Is so much better to watch now, thanks. So if I understand this right you can chose two different boost settings just by pushing one of two buttons?, any chance to see video during drive?

sabreuk
05-06-2011, 07:04 PM
yes adam i can do that. t answear your question it does have 2 settings for boost, boost 1 (low) and boost2 (high) you can set both upto 60psi according the instructions i have 8 on 1 and 13 on 2. you also get a safety cut off for both settings aswell so long as you have set the master safety correctly all 3 are set to 1bar.

the boost settings are in psi but the safety boosts are in bar. why i dont know but thats the way it is.

now the boost gauge is on the ebc supply they seem to be marrying up but i do have a noticable difference on boost 2 now the solenoid is around the right way. and the gauge is hovering around the 13 mark but i will get a vid of it driving to post up aswell.

sabreuk
08-06-2011, 08:32 PM
well guys its been nearly a week with the deppo and im not quit convinced with it . a couple of things realy what was thought to be a psi reading was a % reading so 8 and 13 was 8% and 13% so a bit of fiddling about and need now need some tech help. which ill get to in a min. the ebc reads bar and bar only the issue im having is it will not go above 0.4bar no matter what i set it to i have followed this link to the letter fitting the ebc originaly

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?26996-Fitting-an-Electronic-Boost-Controller-(EBC)

now im thinking i might have the solenoid on the wrong pipe, my thinking is the plumbing section in the link above says to blank off the air intake pipe which ive done with a screw and bit of vac pipe and then fitted the ebc solenoid to the pipe with the red tip removing the other pipe connecting to the original boost solenoid so that is totaly pipeless and the elec conector is still pluged in to it. so my question is

why do we have to blank off the air intake pipe and not in my case attach it to the out port on the new ebc solenoid? as the original solenoid has this pipe going into it and then the actuator pipe coming off the the other side.

im told that the wastgates open around 0.4 barish which is what im probably getting rather than the solenoid doing the job or have i missed something?

ive atttached some pics showing the intake pipe blanked off with the screw is this correct and the other pics are of the ebc solenoid showing the in and out ports are these the right way around? and the last pic of the solenoid shows the pipe its connected to and where its fitted.

the controller is set to 1.0bar on all the saftey things so its not that, i have no split pipes or damaged pipes ive checked and double checked, evrything is nice and tight and dont believe there is any leaks, the boost gauge is reading 7psi ish and ebc is showing 0.4bar. any thoughts hints tips advice. most appreciated.

oh the running vid hasnt been done yet due to above as i wasnt sure it was working correctly and im still sure it isnt.

sabreuk
08-06-2011, 11:07 PM
anybody got any advice for the above issue?

Kenneth
09-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Hard to say for sure from those pictures, but it looks like you have the In/Out plumbed in the wrong way around.

sabreuk
09-06-2011, 04:52 PM
I tried turning it round Kenneth and set the boost as low as it could go and it didn't vent off I turned it round and it started venting which is the way it is now. Out is going to the pipe with the red paint on and I'n is going to actuators like I said it vents at low pressure but won't go past 0.4bar.

gr fto reborn
09-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Watching this one. I want a boost controller. Or my car to make standard boost would be nice lol!!!

sabreuk
09-06-2011, 09:41 PM
right been out again after reading just about every thread on boost solenoids, ebc,mbc etc etc ive turned my solenoid again and no change, unpluged the batt for 30mins and then reconected it reset ebc checked all vac pipes retightend every other pipe i could find and still no change. i cant find any split pipes and i disconnected the solenoid and tried with out it connected and it still only bossted to 0.4bar ive checked the dumpvalve and blanking plug and all the pipes going to that and they seem good. there is also an adjusting screw on top of the solenoid but im reluctant to mess with that unless someone says otherwise so anybody got any advice at this point as im starting to get stroppy with it now.

ive also got to appologise for my blondeness recently im putting it down to chronic tooth ache and the mother of all abscess growing in my chops causing the pain, which has given me many sleepless nights over the last few months so im gona have to man it and get the sodding thing out, been for the xray just waiting for it to get back to the dentist then he can remove it and i should be back to normal, so sorry again.

WOODY72
09-06-2011, 10:15 PM
The mother of all pains Craig. Get the b**t**d out.

Wobble
09-06-2011, 10:18 PM
The mother of all pains Craig. Get the b**t**d out.

what the tooth or the boost controller :laugh:

sabreuk
09-06-2011, 10:25 PM
both mate on the toof pliers and string aint gona work unless im proper knocked out :)

apeman69
09-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Out is going to the pipe with the red paint on and I'n is going to actuators like I said it vents at low pressure but won't go past 0.4bar.
I agree with Kenneth. If the 'in' and 'out' are references to flow through the solenoid then the 'in' should be connected to the red-tipped pipe and the 'out' goes off to the wastegate actuators. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as that!
Here's a doodle, of how I think the solenoid should be connected, which I hope will be of some use.
Once you're sure it's plumbed correctly I'd start looking at the electronic connections between the controller and the solenoid. The solenoid is plugged into the controller I hope?

sabreuk
10-06-2011, 12:13 AM
the bottom diagram is how its now set up mate, all the pluges are plugged in, ive got the boost sensor connected to the pipe off the back of the plenum as you look at it its the left hand pipe, the ebc screen is measuring 0.4bar and the boost gauge is reading about 7-8psi. i have noticed like a little button on the solenoid it clicks in and out but makes no difference either way. could realy do with some one from the hull area to have a look at it a fresh set of eyes realy. looking at your diagram thats 100% the way it is fitted on mine.

apeman69
10-06-2011, 05:14 AM
The only other thing I can suggest is posting the instructions you got with it on here if that's possible. Might shed some light or possibly something's faulty.

Ryan
10-06-2011, 06:18 AM
ive also got to appologise for my blondeness recently im putting it down to chronic tooth ache and the mother of all abscess growing in my chops causing the pain, which has given me many sleepless nights over the last few months so im gona have to man it and get the sodding thing out, been for the xray just waiting for it to get back to the dentist then he can remove it and i should be back to normal, so sorry again.

Had one of those once... on the morning of our AWQ I woke up and right side of my face was swollen and I felt like a shower of sh!t - thought I'd the mother of all pimples. Shuffled down to the range by which time I was shivering like sh!tting dog.

Only shot barely a pass and went to the sick bay and doctor had a look at me, confirmed abscess in tooth... Drilled into it and as soon as that pressure was released it felt so good, offset slightly by putrid stench of pus that was oozing out. Sorted tooth out but the end result was that I was quite sick from the sepsis and spent two days in hospital.

The OC and the formation SGT MAJ rocked up for a visit too, just remember feeling like a complete mong bracing in a lying position hehe... In summary though it was probably the roughest I've ever felt in my life without drinking.

sabreuk
10-06-2011, 01:54 PM
heres the complete instruction manual word for word.

Before starting installation, please read the installation manual thoroughly. Any damage causing by improper installation will not be in the scope of the warranty.

Please make sure the package has the following parts: a display box, a control box, an electronic solenoid valve, a solenoid valve harness, a bosst sensor harness, t connector, 2pcs copper adapter, a 80mm long silicon tube, 2pcs 3m double sided tape, 3pcs cable ties and an installation manual.

WARNING: the harness can only be used on electronic boost controllers. |Do not use them on other products.
WARNING: Do not install electronic solenoid valves too far away from the turbine which will cause slow boost reactions.
When installing an electronic solenoid valve, keep away from high heat or water under the hood.
WARNING: After installation, please complete the basic operation setting before driving your car on roads. Fail to do so may cause damage .

PAGE2:

BOOST LIMITATION SETTING:

Boost limitation setting is to prevent excess boost pressure which may damage engines or turbochargers. When the boost is over the boost limitation setting the boost value will then return to default automatically.

The boost limitation setting knob is in the back of the control box. Please use a screw driver to turn the knob counter clock wise to decrease boost limitaion while clockwise to increase. When the boost limitaion is set, press BOOST 2 button to confirm setting.

BOSST SETTING:

There are 2 settings to be programmed, boost1 and boost2. Each of them boost gain setting and warning setting. press BOOST1 button to startwith boost1 setting while press BOOST2 to program boost 2 setting.

BOSST GAIN SETTING:
1. Hold GAIN button for 2seconds to enter the boost gain setting mode.
2. When display is flashing, press boost1 to decrease the value while press boost 2 to increase.

WARNING: When the decreased boost gain value is down to bottom, the display will show "OFF" and the value will be set as default, which means there is no gain.

3. After 5 seconds of no operationactivity, the unit will return to normal mode.

WARNING SETTING MODE

1. Hold WARN button for 2 seconds to enter the warning setting mode.
2. When the display is falshing, press BOOST1 button to decrease the warning value while press BOOST2 button to increase.
3. After 5 seconds of no operation activity, the unit will return to normal mode.

TECHNICAL SUPPORT:

1.How to set boost gain values?
the boost gain value is displayed in perecentage, not the exact pressure value. The size of the turbine, length of housing, turbo conditions, and etc will all influance the gain valu. It is necessary to try several times to get the preferred values.

2.Display is not working:
Please check if orange wire and black wire are connected properly. Please also make sure the ground is good.

3. The display box is always flashing:
1) Please check if the warning value is set lower than the currant boost value.
2) Please check if the boost sensor is connected tightly and correctly. if the display is still flashing, please change a boost sensor to see if the problem is solved.

4. Boost value drops sharply:
1) The boost limitaion value may be set to low. Please refer to "Boost Limitaion Setting" to reset it.
2) Please check the connections of electronic solenoid valve and boost sensor harness if the are disconnected.

5. Unable to increase boost1 or boost2 value:
please make sure the set boost values are not over the turbochargers range.

thats it a double sided a4 sheet ill post the pics of it and post the pics of the diagrams on it aswell if you bear with me.oh the gain and warn button mentioned are boost1 and boost 2 button.

sabreuk
10-06-2011, 02:26 PM
heres the pics

apeman69
10-06-2011, 05:21 PM
"BOOST LIMITATION SETTING:

Boost limitation setting is to prevent excess boost pressure which may damage engines or turbochargers. When the boost is over the boost limitation setting the boost value will then return to default automatically.

The boost limitation setting knob is in the back of the control box. Please use a screw driver to turn the knob counter clock wise to decrease boost limitaion while clockwise to increase. When the boost limitaion is set, press BOOST 2 button to confirm setting."

Is this definately set correctly? Have you tried the knob at about half way between min and max? Counter clockwise = lots of boost, clockwise = wastegate pressure as I understand the above.

On the solenoid is there a bleeder hole and is this free from obstruction? As it's a 2 port solenoid there must be a hole somewhere to allow the boost pressure to bleed out of the system when the solenoid is in the closed state.

If you can't find anything obviously wrong then contact the seller just in case there is something stupid that's been missed, because others may have had the same problem.

foxdie
10-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi Alan,

Craig (Sabre) is currently out testing it, he's removed a screw from the solenoid that is probably the bleeder hole, he's set the boost limitation to 1.0 Bar and has his boost set a little lower I believe, I'm not 100% sure if that applies but you could be onto something.

sabreuk
10-06-2011, 06:15 PM
ok update yet again the puzzle gets deeper hmmmm.

right everything is set correctly and i know the ebc and solenoid are working as they should, ive had the whole system hooked up to a compressor today and it holds boost and reads correctly, the safteys kick in and the solenoid clicks like mad when the safety pressure gets hit, the solenoid also vents at the set pressures you can hear it expelling the air. so its not the ebc at all.

next thing i did was hook up the compressor on to the actuator pipes and both actuators open and close and no visible leaks at all on that system.
then hooked the compressor upto the plenum pipe with the boost gauge and boost sensor on no leaks and the gauge was reading the pressure and the ebc controller was reading the pressure aswell so that side of things is ok.

next hooked up boost gauge on the out tap of the ebc solenoid it read 0 nothing not even at 0.4bar. so the solenoid never opened, then placed boost gague on the in tap of the solenoid and again reads 0 absolutely nothing going into the solenoid now i hear you all scream blocked pipe well checked that and blowing and sucking down pipe by mouth the pipe wasnt blocked. but found that the supplied silicon hose was very soft at this point by being warmed up from the engine so thought ok ill put the original pipe back on to the in tap of the ebc solenoid just incase it was that pipe that was being crushed by the pressure for whatever reason, i ahvent been out with it yet with the original pipe back on but will let you know once ive been out.

seems the issue is the car isnt building pressure on the red painted pipe on the intake elbow hmmmmm so ill report back very soon. also find attatched the pics of the ebc solenoid, i have phoned epracing they said there was a retaining screw on the solenoid which needed screwing out it is screwed out and if you push in and turn it locks in and locks the solenoid off so its not that. there is a vent port above one of the connectors you will see that in the pics.

apeman69
10-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Hang on a minute. Have you always got 0.4 BAR/7 PSI even before the EBC was put in? If so then rightly start looking for problems with your car and not the EBC. :coat

sabreuk
10-06-2011, 08:50 PM
The ebc has always read 0.4bar since it's been I'n, the boost gauge has never been above 7-8psi since I've had the gauge fitted never investigated it due to normal boost being around 7-8psi on a facelift or so I'm told. It's only now this issue has arisen since I can't increase the boost values.

apeman69
10-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Stock boost pressure is about 8.7 PSI / 0.6 BAR IIRC. The .7 is important here because it is not 8 PSI nor is it 9 PSI. A boost gauge may show 8 PSI or 9 PSI and both would be inaccurate. Measuring pressure in BAR will allow easier comparisons to be made because we're running little turbos where 0.1 BAR does make a difference and may be disregarded by a gauge depending on if it is programmed to round up or down to the nearest whole PSI. e.g. 0.48 BAR could be shown as 7 PSI whilst 0.6 BAR could be shown as 8 PSI, who knows? However, with our cars there is a huge difference between 0.48 & 0.6 BAR (the difference between potentially sick and nice and healthy).

When mine was standard (PFL auto) I was getting 7.98 PSI / 0.55 BAR. However, my turbos were in need of replacement then.
7-8 PSI is 0.48-0.55 BAR so if you were getting 7-8 then it is still lower than stock and this is assuming the gauge is accurate. It could be under or overreading.
I assume the boost gauge was put in before the EBC and thus you've been running at 0.48-0.55 BAR (7-8 PSI) before the EBC was in. Now with the EBC in, the car is running 0.4 BAR (5.8 PSI or thereabouts) reading from the same boost gauge pre and post EBC install. If this is correct then something has happened with the car since you put the EBC in or the EBC is not connected correctly or the EBC is faulty. It must be one of these things surely. So far it seems you've eliminated the EBC being connected correctly and are on your way to determining that the EBC setup is sound. Keep on going!

sabreuk
10-06-2011, 09:44 PM
yes mate the gauge was put in before ebc i know the gauge is accurate as it came out of my hilux and the readings were spot on on that, i realy dont think the ebc is at fault im running out of ideas now on what to check surely there cant be a lot left, i still havent been out yet to see if that other vac pipe has made any difference think im gona have to start going down the road of compression testing etc

Wobble
10-06-2011, 11:46 PM
The ebc has always read 0.4bar since it's been I'n, the boost gauge has never been above 7-8psi since I've had the gauge fitted never investigated it due to normal boost being around 7-8psi on a facelift or so I'm told. It's only now this issue has arisen since I can't increase the boost values.

facelift should be running 0.8 bar (11.6psi) in standard form which would surely mean you had boost issues to begin with before the ebc.

sabreuk
10-06-2011, 11:55 PM
ok dave i wasnt aware of that i thought 7-8psi was normal doh! got a couple of other checks im doing tomoz then after that im all out of ideas. ill let ya know how it goes and if i figure it out,

sabreuk
11-06-2011, 03:25 PM
well heres the video of the problem. at long last all i got to do now is go check check what boost im getting on standard solenoid again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU_sLVHxguA

sabreuk
11-06-2011, 08:51 PM
right jerry final thoughts on this ebc, well first off the design and principal was a good one a nice easy ebc to install and setup, cheapish price £147 with postage, mine was the 11th to be sold in the uk.

REALITY

installing was easy following the links on here, getting it running fairly easy, setting up was lack of a better word ****!!!!!!!!!!!!
the instructions were crap and the setup process was misleading as ive found out how its actualy setup which ill go through in a min.

build quality again lack of a better word **** also, the control box was not very strudy, near the end a connector on said box fell out leaving the exposed pins behind, the connectors were tiny and fiddly to get in.
the solenoid had a retaing screw on the side which had to be screwed in to work the solenoid, took 3 days to figure that out :(
supplied silicon hose was not to bad and upto the job but maybe not in the galoons engine bay with the heat found my pipes to be very soft after being heated up.
now the brunt of it operating it hmmmmmmm.

if you have followed this thread from start to finish then you can see ive had nothing but issues with it from day 1.
once the screen/controller is up and running the instructions state to set the boost limitation via the knob on the control box did that easy then to set boost 1 and 2 which is in percentage values not pressure values as originaly thought with a bit of running around to find required levels well ball thats not exactly true.

you set the safety limitation to the desired value in my case i set it to 1bar that bit is easy but the percentage values it states is the percentage of that safety setting so when i said mine was at 8 and 13 that meant 8 and 13 percent of the bar safety value grrrrrrrr figured that out today so you have to work out for example that 60% of 1 bar is around the 7-9psi mark so i had mine set at 8% which was 8%of that 1 bar so i was never going to get near the desired levels by the instructions,

well refitted the thing after i made the video and also found out the bloddy t piece supplied had one of the ends blocked ie the t bit hadnt been drilled out hence why the solenoid and sensor wasnt working together on the compressor grrrrrrrrrrr well used new tpiece and hey guess what it still never worked.

originaly on tick over the screen was saying -0.8 and then went to 0.4 and never got higher this was down to said t piece used on the solenoid side of the installation as the sensor was on the plenum with a different tpiece and the boost gauge. so why did it not overboost and show up on the gauge?????? still havebt figured that yet but working on it.
anyway refitting and the screen went from -0.8 to 0.0-0.1 at tickover hmmmm back to qaulity again ****. well tried it didnt get out of 1st gear and the whistles and bells on the ebc went off boost gauge got to around 4psi before i gave up so tried several attempts with different settings and i still couldnt get out of 1st gear before the alarms went off so sod it its now out and its staying out, gona speak to epracing monday ref refund and get a better boost controller something along the lines of the hdi d thing, so ill give that a go and post the results of that once ive got it. one thing i have noticed today also is i have a lot of condensation coming out my exhaust which ive never had before ive done all the usual checks and nothing seem untoward yet but if there is i know a certain company that is going to foot the bill.

well overall a shocking waste of time energy and money along with fuel imo made myself look a tit in the process of this thread but its come good in the end and my toof ache is subsiding but still gota get that out finding the dentist has lost my xrays which i had done last friday grrrrrrrrrrrr anyways.

THANK YOU for all the help, advice, concerns, abuse giggles, etc that everone has contributed to this thread and hope that if you give this product a go then good luck.

adaxo
11-06-2011, 09:50 PM
What a waste of time, I am really stunned how much patience you got to play with that, hope you got your money returned without any problems and get something better. I'm glad that you try that EBC and give all of us detailed info about it so we know what to avoid. THANKS

sabreuk
11-06-2011, 10:01 PM
pleasure mate, gona phone epracing monday ref refund

John TheAntique
11-06-2011, 10:42 PM
I know you have had problems with this one but I cannot believe a company would put put this product into production without extensive research and testing so before everyone writes it off as useless lets wait and see what they come up with. On the face of it, it does appear to be an effective, competitively priced product and it would be a shame to write it off due to one faulty one.

sabreuk
11-06-2011, 10:47 PM
i agree john and there is very few of them being used at this time as i said mine was the 11th to be sold, however if they are they same qaulity as mine then send it back asap. mine was shocking. also depo is fairly small jap company in tuning world they specalise in gauges mostly and this is there 2nd incarnation of a boost controller, looking at there website it looks plush granted but very little info about them anywhere. not even on youtube except the odd gauge.so they maybe just started out and going through qaulity control issues as being a newish company. if anybody else gets one then fair play let us know the results.

http://www.deporacing.com/product.php?type=A

sabreuk
14-06-2011, 02:32 AM
well i have spoken to epracing and today and leon is happy to give me a full refund, he is also sending my ebc back to depo in japan and he also wanted an email to send off to depo aswell, i sent the email stating the issues i had with it and he sent this email back to me which i thought was rather nice. epracing themselfs seem to be a realy good helpful company whom i realy dont have an issue with and would recommend them from the service ive had from them so ill wait out for the reply from depo and see what comes of it, ill keep you all informed as i find anything out. heres the email he sent to me attached below cant realy say farer than that.

HI craig

Many thanks for the Email, I will pass this to the manufacture and see what they say regarding to this. I know when we first got the item the instructions are not perfect but the drift guys we deal with seem to manage to installed them ok and the feedback we got from them are ok. Because with new product like this we always use the those cars to test the products and if they had problems with it then we would usually consult the manufacture about it, but at the moment this is the first one we had problem with as the other 6 that was sold and installed are still working as far as I know, But I will email those customers and see if they have had any problems and let you know.

I will forward your email to the manufacture and also I will send your one back to them so they can see if there is any problem with the system and see what their result will be.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and I will let you know when we have the reply from them.

Best Regards
Leon