PDA

View Full Version : remote central locking

SteveH
01-06-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm getting an alarm fitted to my car with remote central locking. The car dosen't have it at the moment or it did and has long since stopped working lol. Either way i was told that i would need a second motor fitted to the drivers door for it to work? This seems a little odd as the panic button on the drivers door locks and unlocks all the doors fine, surely they could just wire it to that?

Anyone else had this problem?

Humpty's Revenge
01-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Does all the doors lock when you use the key on the drivers door? If they do then no you wont need a second motor

SteveH
01-06-2011, 11:48 AM
yeah they do on the drivers side, but not on the passenger side which is apparantly the issue.

Humpty's Revenge
01-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Well they need a kick up the arse because the drivers side is the only one that works the central locking

SteveH
01-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Well Sextons have just lost a customer, thanks Steve. Spoke to someone from another alarm fitters and he said the same as you.

sabreuk
01-06-2011, 12:05 PM
you might have a dodgy earth on the passenger side if both are not working, on the motor side its dependent on wheither it is a + or - switch for the motors to work the new alarm might not be compatible with the switch if its got the wrong switch gear on it.

Humpty's Revenge
01-06-2011, 12:12 PM
you might have a dodgy earth on the passenger side if both are not working, on the motor side its dependent on wheither it is a + or - switch for the motors to work the new alarm might not be compatible with the switch if its got the wrong switch gear on it.

The drivers side door lock is the only one that opens all the doors when used (it's the master), the passenger one will only open the passenger door same with the boot the dude!

sabreuk
01-06-2011, 12:19 PM
i was saying steve cause i had the same issue with my mates fronterra he got a cheapy alarm with rcl on it and it would not work with the standard vauxhall driver side motor, he got new spereate motor from the company he got the alarm from and worked straight away. the standard vaux motor was a + switch but the alram used - switch which is why his rcl was not working, if its an expesive alarm ie cobra,clifford there shouldnt be an issue.

ILLEGAL
01-06-2011, 12:21 PM
real simply.. if the central locking works fine from the switch on the door (panic switch?) then its working 100%. real simple install on these cars.. 2 hours should be more than enough for a pro to install a basic alarm. easy as!

ILLEGAL
01-06-2011, 12:25 PM
i was saying steve cause i had the same issue with my mates fronterra he got a cheapy alarm with rcl on it and it would not work with the standard vauxhall driver side motor, he got new spereate motor from the company he got the alarm from and worked straight away. the standard vaux motor was a + switch but the alram used - switch which is why his rcl was not working, if its an expesive alarm ie cobra,clifford there shouldnt be an issue.

this makes no sense sorry!!! if he had to put a door motor in the drivers door.. how did the RCL unit power it? and if it could power a door mootor it would have powered the OEM door motor.... unless there was none or it was broken! or perhaps he supplied relays aswell as a un-need door motor... lol you guys are being flogged by the installers over there!

SteveH
01-06-2011, 12:41 PM
£349 for a thatcham cat 1 toad alarm and imoboliser fitted with central locking.

sabreuk
01-06-2011, 12:52 PM
the alarm i was refering to was a cheapy eblag nasty thing, my mates who i was refering to his motor was fine, the alarm unit itslef only had a neg switch so using it the other way around like vauxhall intended it couldnt send the power to the motor. the motor he got was switched the other way around so it took negative feed to run it if that makes sense. but putting it on a + feed it didnt work at all hence the motor was useless on the alarm my mate bought. ill try find a link to the alarm in question and you can have a look for your self mate.

sabreuk
01-06-2011, 01:06 PM
was nearly identical to this ill try find the exact one giz 5 mins
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-CAR-ALARM-AOLIN-838R-REMOTE-START-/260786470535?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb815be87

sabreuk
01-06-2011, 01:14 PM
heres the wiring diagrams what i was trying to explain.

sabreuk
01-06-2011, 01:26 PM
heres the exact alarm in question.

ILLEGAL
02-06-2011, 06:58 AM
yep.. that alarm will run any system except the vw/audi vacume system that requires a pulse for longer than 2.5 seconds... not all vw/audi have this setup... but it would no problem running your jappa car. off the top of my head to the right hand side of the fuse box behind the dash.. there is a plug... in the plug there is a purple wire and next to it is a light green with red stripe... these are the central locking wires from the drivers door.. they are activated with a (-) pulse.. 1 for lock the other wire for unlock.. all you need to do to the alarm is connect the yellow and yellow with black to the ground wire and chop the orange wires off then connect the white wires to the respective wires at the car... BAM! c/locking done :) either way.. would be alot cheaper if you were in NZ near auckland.. id do it for you.... anyone needing a alarm contact me before buying the alarm.. and stay away from uniden... nothing wrong with them.. i just dont like working with them.

Subaru ETA
02-06-2011, 07:19 AM
When I fitted my alarm in my pulsar 10 years ago I had to get a separate motor. I can't remember why but there was a reason

Humpty's Revenge
02-06-2011, 08:49 AM
3 out of 4 of my vr4's have had alarm/immobilizer fitted while in my ownership & not one has had an extra motor fitted, 99% of the wires can be sourced from the under dash fuse box.

ILLEGAL
02-06-2011, 12:53 PM
When I fitted my alarm in my pulsar 10 years ago I had to get a separate motor. I can't remember why but there was a reason

because alot of nissans didnt have a motor in the drivers door. although there is a factory fitted remote locking "option" from nissan, not all cars have it fitted.

Atik
02-06-2011, 01:18 PM
because alot of nissans didnt have a motor in the drivers door. although there is a factory fitted remote locking "option" from nissan, not all cars have it fitted.

My old Nissan Sunny had a factory option for central locking, but wasnt equipped. I had an aftermarket alarm fitted and added the RCL system, but had to pay extra to get a motor fitted to the system.

Nick Mann
02-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Yep, a lot of non-remote central locking uses the drivers lock as the signal to operate the rest, so why fit a motor to it if it has to be manually operated with the key anyway? The VR4 had remote locking as standard so no extras required.