PDA

View Full Version : Unable to connect to ECU with ECUFlash

wintertidenz
05-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Today I put the flashable ECU I have (7203FA) into my car to check what maps were on the ECU already.

I connected my OBD-II cable that works just fine with EvoScan and tried to read the ECU, but it told me that the cable features were missing.

As a side note, I do not have the connector that goes into the socket beside the OBD port for reflashing.

Anyone else had this issue?

scott.mohekey
05-06-2011, 10:04 AM
What sort of OBD-II cable is it? I'm guessing not an OpenPort?

Shtiv
05-06-2011, 12:33 PM
You need the white socket to allow it to flash Daniel and yeah is it a tactrix cable or something else?

wintertidenz
05-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Not a Tactrix - just a generic OBD cable with an FTDI chipset that has been modified to work with the car. I've bridged pins 1 and 4 and removed pin 9.

It works just fine actuating the AYC and logging in EvoScan works, but ECUFlash just doesn't want to work with it. I just want to pull the flash contents and compare it to a standard ROM to see if it's already been modified.

Nutter_John
05-06-2011, 10:11 PM
IIRC the Tactrix ones take the pin to 16v on the white extra connector , they also switch the coms into a different mode

not heard of any other cables being able to pull the rom image

wintertidenz
05-06-2011, 10:16 PM
I'll try putting Evoscan on my netbook today and trying those drivers first. I just realised that it's not installed on the netbook!

Gly
06-06-2011, 12:01 AM
you'll need the tratrix openport 2.0 to be able to flash the ecu

wintertidenz
06-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Yeah I'll leave the ECU flashing up to others who have done it before. All I want to do is read the ROM.

Kenneth
06-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Why do you want the ECU image? If it is just to look at, you could download one of the ones posted on the forums.
If you are going to get your ECU flashed, it isn't like the image already on it is going to be going back.