PDA

View Full Version : Mistubishi Garage in Northants area

colVR4
27-10-2004, 09:02 AM
My car needs a service!!

I have recently moved to Higham Ferrers, nr Wellingborough as some of you are already aware and I don't know where the best garages are in the area to take the car to. I have found a Mitsi garage at Earls Barton, just outside Wellingborough but I don't know anything about them.

Does anyone live in the Northants/Bedford area who knows of a decent Mitsi garage to take my car to for a service who won't completly rip me off?

Ta

colVR4
27-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Just called Bells Mitsubishi @ Earls Barton.

For a 90,000 mile service that includes:

Brake/clutch fluid replacement
Air filter replacement
Check and clean brakes
Oil and oil filter replacement

Costs £205

I asked them to add on oil and coolant flush and replacement of transmission fluid and filter and the bill came to £395!!!

These prices seemed a little steep to me. I asked what they were charging for the auto box fluid and filter replacement and they said £60 for the transmission fluid and £65 for the labour. I suppose it does mean that I can take it off the 108,000 service which is the cam belt service...you know...spread the costs a little.

What are your thoughts?

colVR4
09-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Despite the fact that I get the distinct impression that I am talking to myself I shall carry on regardless. :rolleyes5

Had the work done and it came to £290.

Full 90,000 (45,000) service and oil/coolant flush and ATF change. I thought that was pretty reasonable. Very friendly service and the car was ready on time.

And as for the car....it feels completely different. The engine is soooo much smoother and the gear change is so slick. Would heartily recommend a full flush every now and again :-D