PDA

View Full Version : Pajero 3.5 gdi gearbox oil filter help?

Humpty's Revenge
12-06-2011, 09:41 AM
I have been to see Mitsubishi & we have looked at the diagrams they have on there system & there is no gearbox filter listed for this box!

If there is is will be internal one, I have a part number which is MR 357710, can anyone confirm that this is indeed the internal gearbox filter for a 3.5 gdi Pajero please? This is what I've found out so far & is this correct? http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/317329578/Transmission_Filter_for_Mitsubishi_MR357710.html

This is the only thing that is stopping me from doing a full flush & it needs doing like last month!

Any help would be superb & also a diagram showing where it is located? which I know it's on the sump pan possibly?

TIA..........

peter thomson
12-06-2011, 11:31 AM
if it's similar to the VR4 one it's a gearbox out job to replace the internal filiter as far as i remember

Subaru ETA
12-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Not that I have done a filter on a pajero but I wouldn't think it would be trans out. Usually it is just a trans pan off job

peter thomson
13-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Looked at caps and that is the right filter and the pic looks like a sump pan removal to change unlike the VR4 one. It also described it as the AT valve body though?

sabreuk
13-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Yes correct drop the autobox sump downand there is a plate which you drop down and the filter is In that you don't need a new 1 just clean it out it's like a braillo pad just make sure it's dried off before reinstalling or you will contaminate new ATF fluid. I have the workshop PDF on comp I'll go dig it out for ya bud. before ya rip your at sump off just confirm what gearbox it is before i send ya the wrong pdf bud.