PDA

View Full Version : Wellington Workshop Day

low_vr4
12-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Just putting a few ideas out there. I have been thinking about this since dyno day and as you may know i need to get my clutch done. So if anyone in Wellington has done a clutch or is keen to learn/help out then that would be great. We would need a location and i can supply food/beers whatever for those who give a hand. Would be great to see the welly crew again

Oggie
13-06-2011, 02:40 AM
bump.

would be pretty cool to do, even as a mini meet.

pbaron
15-06-2011, 01:12 AM
I have changed a couple of VR-4 clutches, if you sort out a location I can attend to offer guidance. Bank on it taking a full day if everything goes well, longer if it doesn't. You will need a machined flywheel on hand to fit if you are want the job done as it should be.

PM me if you are interested in my views on getting your clutch sorted using a low cost approach.

low_vr4
15-06-2011, 02:42 AM
I have changed a couple of VR-4 clutches, if you sort out a location I can attend to offer guidance. Bank on it taking a full day if everything goes well, longer if it doesn't. You will need a machined flywheel on hand to fit if you are want the job done as it should be.

PM me if you are interested in my views on getting your clutch sorted using a low cost approach.

you have a pm

VR4WGN
15-06-2011, 07:52 PM
personally imo itll be cheaper for you to go to a shop to get it done in less than 6 hours,after all the time wasting draining,re fulling,skimming,etc itd be better as what if you dont get it done? then you sit car less right?
not meaning any disrespec,just soley know how sometimes these play up..
id consider comming down however for a help depending on when etc

low_vr4
16-06-2011, 02:15 AM
personally imo itll be cheaper for you to go to a shop to get it done in less than 6 hours,after all the time wasting draining,re fulling,skimming,etc itd be better as what if you dont get it done? then you sit car less right?
not meaning any disrespec,just soley know how sometimes these play up..
id consider comming down however for a help depending on when etc

Have been in contact with Armstrong mitsubishi in wellington and am going to get them to do both my clutches, the VR4 and my 1996 lancer. Wont be car less.I have two other cars other than my VR4 (lancer and corolla)

Oggie
16-06-2011, 02:58 AM
Have been in contact with Armstrong mitsubishi in wellington and am going to get them to do both my clutches, the VR4 and my 1996 lancer. Wont be car less.I have two other cars other than my VR4 (lancer and corolla)

lmao no wonder your a broke ass mofo :P

but seriously too many cars . in any case good on you mike.,

CANDEE
16-06-2011, 03:41 AM
Dont forget to take your club membership card in to get your discount. /woot2

low_vr4
16-06-2011, 04:13 AM
lmao no wonder your a broke ass mofo :P

but seriously too many cars . in any case good on you mike.,

haha most students are.Im no longer a student now so i 'was' a broke ass mofo haha im working now. Ill imagine ill have 2-3 cars most of my life.

low_vr4
16-06-2011, 04:13 AM
Dont forget to take your club membership card in to get your discount. /woot2

Yea will do, its a handy little discount