PDA

View Full Version : pipe compressing

SteveH
14-06-2011, 06:24 PM
I finaly got a few minutes today to get under the bonnet and inspect the oil leak coming from the rocker cover (this weekends job to fix....amongst many others) and noticed that when i rev the engine the huge pipe that runs from the aftermaket intercooler over the battery side of the engine into something that looks important (bare with me) compresses massively! is this normal? its a standard black pipe with the cloth mesh cover.

Also, i have a couple of complete noob questions......where is the dump valve and where is the ecu? :embarasse:

TAR
14-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Q1 the pipe. It will compress slightly as its a soft pipe, but it shouldn't get completely flat. If it does it may need changing.
Q2 the dump valve (it will be a recirculating valve on your car if its still standard) is under the front of the car by the passenger side front wheel just behind the radiator. Its a plastic casing with 2 main pipes coming from it and a smaller vacuum pipe.
Q3 the main ecu is under the radio in the dash. You can see it if you remove the passenger side centre console footwell cover.

:happy:

SteveH
14-06-2011, 06:42 PM
it dosen't completly compress....i guess to about half its diameter. Thanks for the other answers. Ecu has a sticker with 0289 on it right?

Shtiv
15-06-2011, 02:52 PM
ECU sticker sounds correct.