PDA

View Full Version : Winter Mods

enigma
28-10-2004, 12:04 PM
What has everyone got planned???

I dont have much on the cards as my car is almost fast enough! :D

I do however plan a few trips up to Sheffield to get VX going again. I have had a few alternative ideas for the beast but that is all top secret stuff! I would really like to see it hit the track in some form next year and to that end some 'compromises' may have to be made............................ :lipsrseal

john_cfx
28-10-2004, 12:14 PM
more boost..................more power..............more RWYB.............more track days............more speed............more...more...more !!!

Derek [ Interlec ]

zentac
28-10-2004, 12:24 PM
For mine, Ive scoured all 4 corners of the earth and there are no bolt on upgrades, going to have to get them sent off to be flowed and clipped. Failing that its make more pipework up and reposition them, then put bigger ones one.

As for project VX, personally I would keep one the same and put a larger one on the the other bank, so you have a 2 stage boost.

borgan
28-10-2004, 12:42 PM
For mine, Ive scoured all 4 corners of the earth and there are no bolt on upgrades, going to have to get them sent off to be flowed and clipped. Failing that its make more pipework up and reposition them, then put bigger ones one.

Pros engineering, the same people that do cams to order sell bolt on uprated turbos.

zentac
28-10-2004, 05:56 PM
they dont do the cams any more, or the turbo`s Ive been in contact with them already.

HJM
28-10-2004, 08:11 PM
Winter Mods - mmm, may get some clear indicators, if I can be a***d :-D

Spirit
28-10-2004, 10:26 PM
Bilstein suspension kit should be here tomorrow so will be fitted this weekend hopefully. HKS SSQV is currently being modified and gold fins are on order. Not really thought any further but if such things as a Nurburgring trip are to be made next year I cant see me being able to afford much else :sad3:

zedy1
28-10-2004, 10:44 PM
manual gearbox

Spirit
28-10-2004, 10:46 PM
sorry Mo can't hear you.....what was that ? :lolz:

Kieran
28-10-2004, 10:47 PM
My winter mods will be blighted by the imminent purchase of KieranCorp Towers! However, I intend to find the time to do the following:

Fit my spoiler.
Install my HKS CAMP.
Finish off Waxoyling the car.
Change the 17s for 16s when the tyres wear out!
Lower the car.... Maybe....
Fit some nice new Mtec wiper blades (should be here soon).
Sort out some improvement to the induction system.

Most importantly, I need to fix a few things - Something's not right up front... I think the front calipers and maybe a couple of bushings need attention... :shifty: :thinking:

Oh, and Hordak might just get the odd wash and polish too! :-D

The Vee
28-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................
wash and polish? no change there then :-D :D :lipsrseal

Big Ian
29-10-2004, 06:01 AM
??????? i'll ave to wait and see how much cash my wife leave's in the pot,after she's re-built our house :sad3:
but i do need to get a clear indicator for the driver's side(which i think i'll have to bite the bullet for an hand over £70 to mitsy for it!!! :rolleyes5 )

PS,good mornin VenomBoy

RED
29-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Well I personally would like my spoiler blocking and painting along with the new bootlid and for Marcus to fix the interior lights so it doesn't look like the black hole of Calcutta in there.

Marcus has to find the time to strip his engine down and order the bits from the states so he can take it up the strip next year cos he's not doing it in mine!!! :laugh: (got that hun :p )

Oh and I wouldn't mind some new suspension - Tein maybe or a new stereo or sat nav or dvd player or some rear discs so I can have my rear brembos on or some nice engine mods and some stainless hoses - gosh the list is endless just a pity my purse isn't :rolleyes5 still we can but dream :-D

enigma
29-10-2004, 11:04 AM
I am saying nothing about your purse :lipsrseal

RED
29-10-2004, 12:05 PM

CHEEKY :lipsrseal :$

Big Ian
29-10-2004, 03:46 PM
GO ON! i dare yae? :-b

Spirit
29-10-2004, 10:59 PM
Damn ! My suspension kit did not arrive today.....Euro Car Parts are f**king useless and are liars - their customer service and attitude stinks too ! I am too annoyed to say anymore at the moment, but Shaz has made them aware they will be getting a call from me Monday and to be prepared !

Spirit
03-11-2004, 01:33 AM
Well the kit finally arrived on my doorstep today - about f**king time ! Long story but if you can avoid Euro Car Parts then do !

Anyway, being fitted Friday night so maybe yet time to get some pics done for the calendar :-b

enigma
03-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Looks like I may finally be after a new engine! I now have 3 cylinders that have a taste for spark plugs! :lipsrseal

Nick Mann
03-11-2004, 07:38 PM
:scared1:

But what is causing it?? :headsc:

Japmetal
03-11-2004, 08:05 PM
I will be fitting my Whiteline anti-roll bars [front and rear] when I get them eventually. Ordered them September 15th, due October 15th - They didnt come in, now being quoted DECEMBER for deilvery !!

I know they're coming from Australia, but that takes the piss a little !! :(

Might see if I can get control springs shipped over at the same time, tho :-D

liva
03-11-2004, 08:26 PM
where did you order your antiroll bars from?

Kieran
03-11-2004, 08:59 PM
:scared1:

But what is causing it?? :headsc:

That's Easy! It's the nut behind the wheel (and frequently under the bonnet too!)!!! :-D :$ :rolleyes5

Japmetal
03-11-2004, 10:38 PM
where did you order your antiroll bars from?

I ordered them from Demon Tweeks, since it's about 15 minutes from my house & the company I work for has an account with them :-D

If you get in touch with Meurig & mention me [Dan from Danes] I'm sure he'll help you out :)