PDA

View Full Version : Waxoyl

RussBird82
20-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Just had my car Waxoyled by a professional...1st class service. Can a moderator tell me if I'm allowed to mention the company in here? As I was very impressed with the service and finish.

Wobble
20-06-2011, 07:34 PM
yes you can

RussBird82
20-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Some of you may already know this guy but Simon at www.thewaxworks.net is a top bloke. £350 for full rust protection consisting of a good nook & cranny blast underneath, dried, rust neutralised and Waxoyled, including door and bonnet, cavities etc. well and truly work the 400+ mile round trip from North Wales to Morpeth - thankfully I have friends I stopped off with over in Carlisle. Having shopped around on the internet and really struggled to find a company I believed could do a better job than I could do myself but this guy has done a truly excellent job. A colleague of mine in work used www.rustmaster.co.uk about 5 years ago on his 'R' Reg Ford Tranny Camper (at a cost of £500) which is now so rusty it begs the question - did they paint over damp (pressure washed) metal or something??? Anyway if you're Galant/Legnum is starting to look a worrying underneath check him out...all work covered by a 5 year guarantee and you get free annual check/top up for 3 years.

Additional - www.thewaxworks.net website seems to be down at the moment. If you want to make a booking his email is info@thewaxworks.net

hardarse
20-06-2011, 09:02 PM
once the rust starts it is going to come back again and again. so they might of done a good job but metal will always want to return to its natural state. even if you cut it out. the welds can start the rust off again. the best way of holding the rust back is sand blasting, applying a rust agent, within 15 minutes applying a stone guard then your wax.

e5dcb
20-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Been reading about this on the net as was intrested in getting ours done but as above thats all ive heard . Unless its cut out or sandblasted back to bare metal it will always come back.

RussBird82
20-06-2011, 10:52 PM
I appreciate it will always come back. As I'm aware he treated the rust with Brunox Epoxy. Needed to do something as underside was starting to look a right mess

hardarse
20-06-2011, 11:27 PM
anything that seals the rust from the environment will stop the rust from progressing fast so even putting some clearcoat over it will slow it down. but you are wasting your money unless they take out all the old underseal and the rubber sealant from under the car and rear arches as it is always rusted under them.