PDA

View Full Version : WTB Manual transmission

FNFAST VR4
23-06-2011, 05:55 AM
Mine is most likely poked, going to take it out this weekend hopefully. I took it to the mechanics as it's knocking quite loud, but they can't take it out til mid next week, so I thought I may as well do it myself. Thought it may be easier to just get a second hand one. So if anyone has one out there at a reasonable price I could be keen!

Cheers

Hayden

Galant_martin
23-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Does it stop knocking when u press cluch pedal only a bit?

-> realese bearin

or stopit when u full press cluch pedal?

-> Input shaft bearing

check that when Car stand still..
but i would change output shaft bearing too..

I did this on my Manual V6 NA too..

FNFAST VR4
23-06-2011, 08:22 AM
I've done the input shaft bearing already, it sounds different to that. It's not the release bearing.

Thanks for your advice anyway.

Galant_martin
23-06-2011, 09:05 AM
I would disassembly the whole tranny, and repleace everything (all berarings, synchron-rings ect)

I think thats the best way.. cuz if u buy a used, i can knock in 500km too..

leepft
23-06-2011, 10:12 AM
ive got a manual gearbox on my legnum im spliting and want 350 for it. wasw running really well when clutch blew. its not standard but as it has faster gearset similar to an evo4

bigj0_8
02-07-2011, 01:07 AM
ive got a manual gearbox on my legnum im spliting and want 350 for it. wasw running really well when clutch blew. its not standard but as it has faster gearset similar to an evo4

hi there would you be willing to send it to the uk would also need flywheel if so how much you looking for it thanx craig

leepft
05-07-2011, 02:15 PM
hi there would you be willing to send it to the uk would also need flywheel if so how much you looking for it thanx craig

woa it would cost alot to send to the uk wouldnt it

Kitten
06-07-2011, 04:28 AM

what do you mean its not standard have you rebuilt the gearing?

Ryan
06-07-2011, 04:40 AM
what do you mean its not standard have you rebuilt the gearing?

Heh, don't mean to be Captain Obvious here but his post did say "... it has faster gearset, similar to an evo4" :p

Kitten
06-07-2011, 05:21 AM
sure
so faster gear set does he mean quicker between gears, shorter gear changes ie 1st goes to 55km second goes to 80km, or gearing spins faster so it revs up faster like a lightened flywheel

Adam.Findlay
07-07-2011, 12:01 PM
i also know a guy who has a spare vr4 box around if one in nz is needed
yes leepfts gearbox is an evo 4 gearset with. well what i was told by the man who installed it