PDA

View Full Version : Kenneth's ECU Mods (1.02 IMPORTANT UPDATE)

Kenneth
23-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Kenneths Mods V1.02

Recognition
First order of the day is recognition to Ceddy (http://www.geekmapped.com/forums/member.php?u=347). I originally disassembled his Ceddy Mods for Evo 5/6 to find out how to do what I have done. While there is only a small amount of the code which is now the same, without his code, this would not have happened. At least not for some time!

Money
I have done this to be free for personal use.
However, I will happily accept donations. You can pay pal to my email address: kenneth.simpson@gmail.com or PM me for other details.

IF YOU ARE A TUNER - This is anyone who uses this ROM on a customers ECU. To use my intellectual property in the pursuit of profit and not pay a small royalty is theft. The end result of this is that I'll just not continue improving and adding features.

While this not a for-profit endeavour, please recognise that it has come at significant cost to myself in both direct costs for the necessary equipment and indirect in the literally hundreds of hours to get here (and only so far!).

My aim is to cover my costs and then hopefully have some to pursue more endeavours.
The first $1,000 USD will go to a IDA Pro license. The reason for that should be clear.
After that, I will in turn donate to Ceddy, again the reason for that should be clear.

From there it would be nice to recover some of the hardware costs. Will see how it goes though!

Currently Implemented:

Launch Control
NLTS (No Lift To Shift)

VERSION FIXES

Version 1.01

Added extended map for Ignition retard. Was causing an issue if you really pushed when warming up. Because it was using the smaller table, it would scale off the table and do weird stuff
Fixed the MUTIII table. I accidently didn't revert it from the testing setup and as such, some logging was showing odd results

Version 1.02

Corrected Scaling on warmup retard map. Corrected actual data
Added code for CEL on knocksum but not done any sort of testing. It is basically there because I had done it when I needed to fix the warmup retard.

The main actual accomplishment is setting up the base for a whole host of other possibilities.

To get this to work you will need to use the attached XML definitions (VR4Base.XML might not be 100% necessary)
You will need to load and use the attached (in the Zip file) ECU Image (ECU KS ModsV1.0.hex)

WARNING: This Image is NOT compatible with the standard image. It is modified so that it re-directs certain parts of code so that some of the standard addresses will no longer operate.
The use of this ECU ROM will also guarantee either immediate or eventual damage to you engine and drivetrain components. If you are unable to accept this risk, do not use.

Once you load the image in EcuFlash you may want to configure things. The setup bits allow you to turn specific features on or off.

CEL on KnockSUM and One byte Load are not implemented, so please don't tell me they don't work...

There are a number of parameters you can change. The most obvious are

Normal Rev Limit
Stationary Rev Limit
Stationary Limit Switch Speed
Anti Lag Start RPM
Anti Lag Ignition Retard
Anti Lag Ignition Retard Limit
Anti Lag AFR
NLTS RPM Reduction

There are a number more which require some explanation

... InputAddr
... Bit Mask On
... Bit Mask Off
... Qualifier Address
... Qualifier Value

InputAddr:

This is the address the ECU looks to to find out if pre-conditions are met. By default it is set to F62C. This is a set of bits which are set based on ECU inputs being switched (digital inputs)

Bit Mask On

The value found at InputAddr will be tested against this bit mask. That is, every bit you set to "Enabled" will be required to be HIGH (1) for the indicated function to operate

Bit Mask Off

The value found at InputAddr is inverted and then tested against this bit mask. Every bit you have set to "Enabled" for this function will be required to be LOW (0) for the function to work

Bit masking allows you to use a combination of inputs if you wish. For example, you could have a switch which you use to enable/disable LC (Launch Control) and NLTS (No Lift To Shift). In this case you would put this input into the Bit Mask On for both functions. Both functions would then require this to be switched HIGH for them to be operational.
You could then attach ANOTHER switch (valet switch) which is hidden somewhere which does the same thing. But isn't so obvious.
Anyway, the possibilities are quite extensive. Somewhat overkill for these functions, but will be useful later on.

The Bit Mask On tells you which inputs are which (Connector followed by pin number, i.e. C-02 is connector C pin number 2. This is the common one for NLTS) and how to make the bit HIGH in the F62C address. Code will take care of the fact that the resting state of those bits are not always the same. Once you connect (Ground or +12V) the correct voltage level, the bit goes HIGH (1). Normal state is LOW(0)

Qualifier Address

This is the memory address which the ECU will look at to see if the primary condition is met. By default these are both TPS. You could look at RPM or other things... Just make sure you get the correct memory address.

Qualifier Value

This is the value at which, once reached, the function will be enabled. I have applied the TPS scaling so that it makes sense. If you changed it to a RPM address, then changing the scaling would be required so that the numbers are useful. It is important to get the scaling correct for this so you compare apples with apples. Not doing so results in VERY odd happenings

This range of setup options is overkill for most, however it does allow a certain flexibility. Most people should just leave them how they are and modify only the Qualifier Value and the Bit Mask On.

LC
By default this has no Bits set in either Bit Mask On or Bit Mask Off. This means that it will always be active so long as your speed is below Stationary Limit Switch Speed and Bit 0 is set in the Setup Bits

NLTS
By default it looks for C-02 to be switched to ground. You will need to find a spare pin (off another ECU connector!) and insert it into the blank space in the ECU plug. It then needs to be wired to a switch on the clutch. Facelift Manual vehicles usually come with a switch which stops you being able to start the car with the clutch not engaged. You should use this, or get one of these and install it.

The logic for NLTS/LC is as follows

LC activated if speed below switch point. Once speed is over this, you are eligible for NLTS. NLTS will NOT operate if it will result in 0 RPM or below.

Depending on which of these is currently eligible for operation, the bit is checked in Setup Bits. If the corresponding bit is Enabled, then the ECU continues. If Off is encountered, it goes no further.

Both functions then check the Qualifier Address and make sure Qualifier Value is met.
InputAddr is loaded and the bit masks applied. If these conditions are all met

If LC conditions are met:

LC checks Anti-Lag Ignition Control is enabled. If so, it retards the ignition
LC checks Anti-Lag AFR Control is enabled. If so, it sets the AFR to Anti-Lag AFR

If NLTS conditions are met:

Current RPM - NLTS RPM Reduction calculation is made. If > 0, result value is new RPM Limit. For example, if you are at 6000 RPM and the reduction is 1000 RPM, RPM limit is 5000. If you were at 5000 RPM, new limit is 4000 RPM

Nick Mann
23-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Incredible work! Spot on.

One thing that I heard about a long time ago was using a warning light on the dash for displaying knock. Is that something that would be possible? Above a knock sum of 5 the CEL flashes, above 10 the CEL and Brake lights flash together or something similar?

Kenneth
23-06-2011, 08:10 AM
That is CEL on KnockSUM Nick. It will be implemented on the next release. :)

psbarham
23-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Awesome work dude, If i had more luck with electrikery stuff then i would be using this rom.

BraindG
23-06-2011, 09:48 AM
I've stickied this, hope you don't mind.

Kenneth
23-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Not at all, sounds like a good idea to me :)

foxdie
23-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Ken, firstly well done, this is great progress, many thanks for helping to better our club :)

Second, I'd like to start offering flashing services (oh my!) to peeps in the UK, I don't plan on doing this for profit but I would like to charge a small fee for my time (at no point would I charge for your code, nor any other code I use), does this still qualify for royalty payments? If so, I'm happy to pay them, but it seems like your statement is more aimed at professional tuning companies whereas I'm just offering my time to help fellow owners who don't know / have the means to flash the ROM. I'd rather be honest and ask first.

Also, you mention the pins, I'm waiting to hear back from a local company that sells the Tyco/AMP connectors for quotes, I might be able to get a shedload of them for club members :)

Atik
23-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Fantastic work Ken. Top stuff /yes

orionn2o
23-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Awesome work Ken, you are very talented. If I still had a VR4 i'd be well into this :)

Infact I want to buy one just to play lol!

Kenneth
23-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Good question actually, as it does bring a few ideas out.

First of all, what is a "small fee" for your time? And for how much time? As a comparison, it just took me around 2 weeks of ALL my free time (not exaggerating, Jo might verify this if she bothers to read the thread) to get the base for these mods off the ground. so what is a fair "small fee" for that time?

One option you have is saying that, on top of your small fee, the person needs to give another $5 or $10 if they want you to flash these mods onto their ECU. Something which, if bought commercially will have saved them at least hundreds if not thousands. My aim is to be extending these also, so the functionality list should grow by quite a bit.

For people who just want to flash it onto their own hardware and who have (have to have to flash) paid for the hardware to do so then no worries. But as soon as you start offering a service and requesting some form of compensation for your time and effort, then you head really should feel obliged to compensate the person or company for that matter, who made it possible.

This is 100% the reason why I am committed to buying a IDA Pro license. As soon as someone donated me some money to help with this, it compels me to compensate those who made it possible for me.

I am a software programmer by trade, I believe that software should be free when used by an individual for their own purposes only. After that, it is piracy.

That is my view on it. I don't want to come across as a dick, but all it takes is 100 people "paying" an extra $10 for the hard work I have done and the total cost of the IDA license doesn't have to come out of the money that would otherwise be used for something else. I was going to say mortgage, but that is BS... it would be on my car /haz

Thanks for being honest and bringing it up, I hope I gave a reasonable answer which makes sense :)

Ken, firstly well done, this is great progress, many thanks for helping to better our club :)

Second, I'd like to start offering flashing services (oh my!) to peeps in the UK, I don't plan on doing this for profit but I would like to charge a small fee for my time (at no point would I charge for your code, nor any other code I use), does this still qualify for royalty payments? If so, I'm happy to pay them, but it seems like your statement is more aimed at professional tuning companies whereas I'm just offering my time to help fellow owners who don't know / have the means to flash the ROM. I'd rather be honest and ask first.

Also, you mention the pins, I'm waiting to hear back from a local company that sells the Tyco/AMP connectors for quotes, I might be able to get a shedload of them for club members :)

orionn2o
23-06-2011, 11:41 AM
A point for Jason and Kennith, I think Ken you should set the code up so that if obtained from you with or without donation by download, the user needs to agree that if anyone blows up their car playing with the values of your code (or even in standard form). You are not liable.

Jason, I guess you need ot be careful of this too especially if you are offering a "service" doing this.

foxdie
23-06-2011, 12:01 PM
That is my view on it. I don't want to come across as a dick, but all it takes is 100 people "paying" an extra $10 for the hard work I have done...

You're not being a dick at all mate, it's a fair request, if/whenever I do flash your ROM I'll add that on to my fees and send it your way :)

Truth told, I was only going to ask for enough for a few drinks anyway :)

Jason, I guess you need ot be careful of this too especially if you are offering a "service" doing this.

I wholeheartedly agree, I'd just be offering my time to operate a laptop and the use of my reflashing cable, I'd probably ask the person to sign a waiver too.

Nick Mann
23-06-2011, 01:12 PM
That is CEL on KnockSUM Nick. It will be implemented on the next release. :)

Excellent!

And with the thoughts on donations, I wondered if a comparison to evoscan is fair? I happily paid $25 for that - it's not much but hopefully enough for Hamish to keep developing. I am pretty sure I will end up using some of this code, and will happily donate for the privilege.

TwinTurbo
23-06-2011, 01:42 PM
This ROM was testing on EM2004 7202 ECU and is working more the fine, these days it will be tested on EM2428 7203 ECU and I will post a result, but I am 90% sure that it will work.

For those who do not understand how to install NLTS:

1. you have to install a switch on a clutch, same method that evo 8 is running, you can check installation manuals on google.
2. you have to wire up one wire from a switch to a 52 pin on ECU and second wire to the ground.
3. flash ECU with Kenneths rom and follow instruction provided by him.

result: NLTS works.

Davezj
23-06-2011, 01:48 PM
remember to mark payment as "GIFT"

so Ken does not have to pay to receive the money.

I have sent $25USD to ken now

I have not downloaded the rom yet but i am sure i will use this stuff at some point.

TwinTurbo
23-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Today we started an engine with GTR32 Turbos, Aeromotive 340 Fuel Pump, 560 Evo 8 Injectors, SARD FPR

Car is running with Kenneth's ROM now and decided to post up result here regarding untested items in XML.

Injector Scaling and Latency is working I think, we did not checked Wideband AFR, (car does not have Downpipe yet) but probably will be matching the map.

will post result more once we will test AFR

Kenneth
23-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks to all who have donated, it is much appreciated.

I have updated the original post, added some formatting and added to the warning saying that these mods WILL cause damage. Hopefully this will at least make people stop and think/ask whether they are willing to sacrifice reliability for the fun factor.

Adam.Findlay
23-06-2011, 10:44 PM
great work kenneth i shall donate once i have paid a friend back. (I lost your number in the process of getting a new phone so if you txt me with your name and bank acc i will send some $$ for your fantastic efforts)

Adam.Findlay
24-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Launch control works 100%
however if i acclerate from 2k rpm in a high gear something kicks in and limits the rpm from going any higher, is this to do with NTLS or launch control
havnt disabled ntls yet will try that now and see how it goes

scott.mohekey
24-06-2011, 02:53 AM
however if i acclerate from 2k rpm in a high gear something kicks in and limits the rpm from going any higher, is this to do with NTLS or launch control

All those with spare drive train parts, please be ready to supply them to Adam asap.

Kenneth
24-06-2011, 03:06 AM
More likely to be NLTS related.
Did you modify any of the standard parameters?

Adam.Findlay
24-06-2011, 03:56 AM
All those with spare drive train parts, please be ready to supply them to Adam asap.

haha i have 2 spare rear axles. and a spare transfer case. just need a spare gearbox :P haha

scott.mohekey
24-06-2011, 03:58 AM
I'll have a spare auto box soon that you can put in. That will soften the load on the rear diff and axles etc.

Adam.Findlay
24-06-2011, 05:16 AM
More likely to be NLTS related.
Did you modify any of the standard parameters?

all i did was change the launch limit from 3500 to 4200.

Kenneth
24-06-2011, 05:40 AM
If you do that you should also change the anti-lag start RPM to within 300rpm of the stationary RPM limit.

That is something I should have mentioned earlier actually :P

As for the RPM being limited, what RPM does it limit to, and does it stay there? i.e. is it based on TPS etc.

The InputAddr address is not in the MUT table for logging, if you put it in at something like the 7x row, then you can log the values and find out if, for some reason, the NLTS bit is set HIGH when it shouldn't be.

I assume you don't have a switch in place for NLTS?

Adam.Findlay
24-06-2011, 06:47 AM
correct i dont have a NTLS switch yet. it seemed to limit around the 2-2500mark and stay there i think it would continue to acclerate when i let off the throttle and then re apply it.
i shall change the antilag rpm now. wont have a good chance to play around until after work saturday at 3pm

If you do that you should also change the anti-lag start RPM to within 300rpm of the stationary RPM limit.

That is something I should have mentioned earlier actually :P

As for the RPM being limited, what RPM does it limit to, and does it stay there? i.e. is it based on TPS etc.

The InputAddr address is not in the MUT table for logging, if you put it in at something like the 7x row, then you can log the values and find out if, for some reason, the NLTS bit is set HIGH when it shouldn't be.

I assume you don't have a switch in place for NLTS?

Kenneth
24-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Just a question... You don't happen to have had the speed sensor wire cut to the ECU? It is a quick way of removing the speed limiter, but it will guarantee that these mods do not work.

Kenneth
24-06-2011, 07:35 AM
I showed Jo launch control tonight. She was both impressed and not impressed at the same time... /haz

Joanne
24-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Dear all,

Kenneth is not allowed to do any more work on the ECU this weekend. I would like to see my husband for a change, and have invited his sister over tomorrow to make sure he stays away from the computer :p

If he tries to explain what he's been doing again one more time at 10pm when I'm trying to go to sleep, the ECU may end up somewhere the sun doesn't shine....

Saying all this - love you darling, I'm immensely proud of what you've achieved so far /Banana

Love and kisses,

Mrs Kenneth

.... and launch control does work, and my stomach doesn't agree with it!

TwinTurbo
24-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Dear all,

Kenneth is not allowed to do any more work on the ECU this weekend. I would like to see my husband for a change, and have invited his sister over tomorrow to make sure he stays away from the computer :p

If he tries to explain what he's been doing again one more time at 10pm when I'm trying to go to sleep, the ECU may end up somewhere the sun doesn't shine....

Saying all this - love you darling, I'm immensely proud of what you've achieved so far /Banana

Love and kisses,

Mrs Kenneth

.... and launch control does work, and my stomach doesn't agree with it!

LOOOL

Ok then, I will pospone my email to Kenneth till monday :D

Mrs Simpson, developement of VR4 ROMs and XMLs are in your hands :D

Joanne
24-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Mrs Simpson, developement of VR4 ROMs and XMLs are in your hands :D ... that's not all that's in my hands /Hmmm:censored:

scott.mohekey
24-06-2011, 08:31 AM
... that's not all that's in my hands /Hmmm:censored:

LOL! He better behave then.

WOODY72
24-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Now now behave.

lathiat
24-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Awesome stuff Kenneth, $28.24 AUD is in your paypal account :-)

Will have to get a local dude here with an openport to help me give this a try.. will need to locate a clutch switch.

i guess maybe i should just buy an openport ;P

vr4drifta
24-06-2011, 10:01 AM
awsome work lads..

foxdie
24-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the giggle Jo, Ken is one lucky man :)

Shtiv
24-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Kenneth, I haven't downloaded anything yet but assuming it all works (and even if it has some bugs) you have done extremely well, expect some compensation shortly from me, I truly do know how long this stuff takes, I remember when I first started looking into VR4 definitions and then some basic disassembly how many 2, 3 and 4 am nights there were and often to find nothing.

So well done for sticking with it. Once I have evaluated the risk on my car with every tune I do from here in there will be a KS additions option, that option will get gifted to yourself for being the generous contributor that you are proving yourself to be.

Shtiv
24-06-2011, 04:07 PM
just a quick question, i notice you've left my and Daniel's untested comments, have you tested on a car the new stuff that is added but not listed as untested? eg Engine Temp Fuel Enrichment?

Kenneth
24-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Sorry Steve, not tested anything beyond the stuff I have worked on. I am pretty rough with the maps, I just use the base XML and chuck stuff in so it shows up. I try to be a bit more careful with the EMKS11 definition so it doesn't get so rude, but hey.

I really need to just get a basic, tried and true, base map and use that. I might look into it soon... lol

Davezj
24-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Does the launch control work on auto's
I presume the NTLS as you refer to a cluth swith.

Shtiv
24-06-2011, 10:59 PM
OK then I'll list everything new in my file as untested and then and as I test them remove the untesteds

Kenneth
25-06-2011, 07:13 AM
There is absolutely no advantage to using these mods on an auto. Once you get the torque converter on stall and are only just holding it back on breaks, you have loaded the engine pretty well.

The NLTS does require a clutch switch. As per my original post, this is usually standard in facelift Manual VR-4s.

I just went to pick a part and picked up a couple of brake switches which look to be exactly the same.

Does the launch control work on auto's
I presume the NTLS as you refer to a cluth swith.

Gly
25-06-2011, 08:41 AM
my fl man didnt have the clutch switch,

Adam.Findlay
25-06-2011, 09:18 AM

neither. but i dont think it will be hard to install one =s

Kenneth
25-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Good thing you got one today then :P

Kenneth
25-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Hmm, perhaps it was 2000+ or something. Both the Legnums had one (2001,2002)

They are pretty easy to install. They are the same as the brake switches.

neither. but i dont think it will be hard to install one =s

Kenneth
25-06-2011, 09:31 AM
If anyone is interested the part numbers are as follows:
MR329955 - Switch
MR311166 - Switch Harness

Shtiv
25-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Yeah I reckon the 7203 ecu cars have it and the 7202's don't.

lateshow
25-06-2011, 12:07 PM
So propably the next version is better for autos too once you get the CEL on knock to work. This one's only benefit for autos is the extended ignition and fuel maps :)

There is absolutely no advantage to using these mods on an auto. Once you get the torque converter on stall and are only just holding it back on breaks, you have loaded the engine pretty well.

The NLTS does require a clutch switch. As per my original post, this is usually standard in facelift Manual VR-4s.

I just went to pick a part and picked up a couple of brake switches which look to be exactly the same.

Shtiv
25-06-2011, 01:57 PM
So it's in on mine now, works great, sounds better.

I did have a couple of issues though so you have an email Kenneth but remember you can't do anything till Monday and I along with everyone else can wait. :)

Joanne
25-06-2011, 11:48 PM
So it's in on mine now, works great, sounds better.

I did have a couple of issues though so you have an email Kenneth but remember you can't do anything till Monday and I along with everyone else can wait. :)

ppffffttt - he's out testing something on the car now - looks like I could only keep him away from it for half a day yesterday!

Kenneth
26-06-2011, 12:53 AM
bump for fixes

foxdie
26-06-2011, 01:39 AM
ppffffttt - he's out testing something on the car now - looks like I could only keep him away from it for half a day yesterday!

Drag him back by his ear :D

Adam.Findlay
26-06-2011, 02:56 AM
Yeah I reckon the 7203 ecu cars have it and the 7202's don't.

Mine is 7203 and doesnt have it

Gly
26-06-2011, 05:48 AM
cool so there was a warm up issue, will have to come get mine reflashed and the launch control sorted,

was gonna send a few $US in paypal, but just realised theres no gift option???
so ill get you some cash next time i see you

Kenneth
26-06-2011, 06:12 AM
Sorry everyone, put the wrong scaling (and so the data was wrong also) on the warmup retard maps. Have corrected now.

You can correct it yourself if you you downloaded 1.01, just check the scaling on the standard ones. My advice would be to change the scaling on one, copy and past from the unchanged one and then change that. Saves any actual effort. lol.

Shtiv
26-06-2011, 10:14 AM

Sorry jo....

Shtiv
26-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Mine is 7203 and doesnt have it

Well I dont know then, maybe bradc knows....

Shtiv
27-06-2011, 04:36 AM
Hey mate, I thought those scalings might be the culprit, glad I asked about them.... Tested again this morning and it all seemed good when cold now :)

But I another couple of questions, my speed output is ridiculously slow to respond so it doesn't release quick enough, currently it's set to 18kph but the speed seems to sit at 14 for a while then jump to 28, I figure I can try it at anything more than 2 to get around it, has anyone else had this issue? With LC set at 3500 and Antilag at 3250, this is what happens
RPM Speed Timing Knock
3500 0 -5 0
3500 2 15 0
2718 2 12 0
3187 14 19 0
3625 14 -5 16
4187 28 17 16
Then I backed off but the next data point had no knock and the timing stayed normal

I assume the anti lag problem above is that the antilag drops out and then comes back through the range before the speed is breached as far as the ecu knows, in which case I can deal with that as long as that is what is happening

the other thing I wanted to know was what happens on knock events, above the time the antilag comes back in is also when knock occurs but I assume thats coincidence but staying stationary I see that the timing goes from -5 to -9 and it seems to correlate with knock detection?

Kenneth
27-06-2011, 06:55 AM
To be honest, I haven't done much logging.

You could drop the switch speed. I put it to 18 to play around and make it easier to test more than anything. Ceddy had it set to 12, try that.

My understanding is that the retard limit gets set (at present values) to -10 so that in case of knock, the ECU has somewhere to go from the anti-lag retard of -5

The values I have as defaults are by no means well tested, they just made it easier for me to test.

So in essence, you should try playing around and seeing what gives the best results.

Shtiv
27-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Yeah all good, the 12 makes sense as the ecu seems to see 14 all the time. Set it to 8 and it's all perfect :)

thfelipeth
27-06-2011, 11:52 AM
great work kenneth! i'll start looking for a 7202 ecu

Kenneth
27-06-2011, 10:01 PM
oops, found out last night that NLTS doesn't work properly... Bad calculation for RPM drop :P

I'll fix it up soon and have post the update.

Mark 4
27-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Yo Ken. Maybe you should have left the maths to Joanne ?

Joanne
28-06-2011, 04:20 AM
Yo Ken. Maybe you should have left the maths to Joanne ?
I tired to help, but I lack the background on ECU, so wasn't much help. Hopefully tonight, with my second crash course, I'll be able to help... or Kenny will have worked it out already :p

low_vr4
28-06-2011, 07:05 AM
great work kenneth! i'll start looking for a 7202 ecu

same here

Adam.Findlay
28-06-2011, 07:33 AM
same here

you will already have a 7202 or a 7203 which is flashable.

Shtiv
28-06-2011, 08:45 AM
I should get a clutch switch shouldn't I....

low_vr4
28-06-2011, 09:10 AM
you will already have a 7202 or a 7203 which is flashable.

Going to get another and teach myself the process of flashing etc

TwinTurbo
28-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Steve

I saw that you did some tests on launch, I just wonder how car starts on 3.5K RPM and 3250 Antilag enabled, I just tested it on my car and launch is awful, RPM bogs down and can starts very lazy, boost goes to 0.3 bar max

Then I set Stationary RPM on 5K, antilag at 4750, antilag ARF at 10.5, speed at 8 and tested, car starts like a hell, wheel spin a little bit.

Could not make a video of start today

can you please make a video of your launch and post it

Kenneth
28-06-2011, 09:42 PM
No hurry on the clutch switch. NLTS won't work for a little while now.

I am investigating adding a 3d table of Speed vs Gear ratio to RPM. That way the NLTS RPM can be easily looked up and allow for pretty near perfect RPM matching.

The further I investigated dropping a set amount of RPM, the less useful it looked. This is because the ratios do not have a linear relationship and the RPM difference for gear shift is not always the same.

In theory you don't really need NLTS unless you are shifting under high acceleration at a specific RPM point, but why not have it work at just about any RPM? :P

scott.mohekey
28-06-2011, 09:49 PM

I am investigating adding a 3d table of Speed vs Gear ratio to RPM. That way the NLTS RPM can be easily looked up and allow for pretty near perfect RPM matching.

The further I investigated dropping a set amount of RPM, the less useful it looked. This is because the ratios do not have a linear relationship and the RPM difference for gear shift is not always the same.

In theory you don't really need NLTS unless you are shifting under high acceleration at a specific RPM point, but why not have it work at just about any RPM? :P

I was going to suggest something like this Ken. Remember our discussion about the traction control throttle body for the v8? Same sort of deal as NLTS I think, but with a mechanical control of rpm rather than electronic. Your way is much better IMO.

Nick Mann
28-06-2011, 11:15 PM
I'm assuming launch control pops and bangs quite loudly?

In the UK, when attending a track day, we are often required to rev whist stationary to pass a stationary noise check. Is there a sensible way of revving the engine whislt not moving without the launch control kicking in? Maybe it could be linked to the clutch switch, so you can rev in neutral with the clutch engaged and the launch control doesn't kick in? It would be a pain in the ass to have to reflash the car every time you wanted to do a track day.....

scott.mohekey
28-06-2011, 11:19 PM

Your assumption is entirely correct.

Kenneth
29-06-2011, 01:24 AM
Options
1) Set the TPS required to 80% or so. This is probably about what it should be anyway. I just didn't like full throttle while testing... Neighbours and all that stuff.
2) Add another switch to one of the inputs and use the input masking to switch the LC on/off with a switch.

In the UK, when attending a track day, we are often required to rev whist stationary to pass a stationary noise check. Is there a sensible way of revving the engine whislt not moving without the launch control kicking in? Maybe it could be linked to the clutch switch, so you can rev in neutral with the clutch engaged and the launch control doesn't kick in? It would be a pain in the ass to have to reflash the car every time you wanted to do a track day.....

TwinTurbo
29-06-2011, 06:41 AM

mine is working perfectly :D

foxdie
29-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Surely the LC wouldn't kick in if the clutch is engaged anyway? (ie. pedal NOT depressed)

Shtiv
01-07-2011, 01:17 AM
Steve

I saw that you did some tests on launch, I just wonder how car starts on 3.5K RPM and 3250 Antilag enabled, I just tested it on my car and launch is awful, RPM bogs down and can starts very lazy, boost goes to 0.3 bar max

Then I set Stationary RPM on 5K, antilag at 4750, antilag ARF at 10.5, speed at 8 and tested, car starts like a hell, wheel spin a little bit.

Could not make a video of start today

can you please make a video of your launch and post it

Well I was more just testing it worked, it does bog down a bit but only a couple of hundred RPM, I usually get about 0.45bar of boost although I saw 0.65ish one time, aren't you running td04's?

I don't really care about launch control for myself as I don't launch the car anyway (not my thing) but it sounds cool and others may want it so.... No lift to shift is of more interest to me but I'll try to do a vid on the weekend for you anyway.

Are you sure your NLTS works, your vid drops to below 4.5k on changes? Besides Kenneth said it didn't work right so I haven't bothered getting that switch yet ;)

Kenneth
01-07-2011, 03:43 AM
Michael has a couple of different versions of the mods as he tested them. Not sure which one he is running, but it might be that it does work to some degree.

The next version should work well though. I was trying to find some simple algorithm to calculate current gear, but it might just be easier to use another lookup table.

TwinTurbo
01-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Ken

from my point of view and experiense NLTS is needed only on high RPM, drag race or track days, honestly I do not see a reason of wasting time on gear calculations and etc.

mine is working perfectly changing gear above 5K RPM while TPS is more then 80%, so why dont you use the old method that I am running now and just forget about 3D map for NLTS.

tomorrow I am going to change a clutch on my car and will be ready again for testing.

I have attached a mods on LC my car is running. with this settings boost goes up to 1.2 bar while holding a acceleration abit longer, but still have a problem with spurkplugs getting wet, due to too much fuel while retarding ingition during LC. if anyone can test it I will be very happy, simply speaking: try this settings on your car hold the acceleration until boost goes above 0.6-0.7 bar and try to start.

Steve
I hope you will do it as you have a manual and OpenPort too :) also will be perfect if you will make a video, thanks in advance

Shtiv
01-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Pretty lean for the antilag there.... You'll never get flames doing that ;)

Just realised my video camera is on loan in Europe (and I'm in Oz), I'll try with a phone and I can log just the critical stuff and post the results if you like....

For me, mapped NLTS would be better, my shift points are definitely not the same in each gear, but whatever you come up with kenneth is fine

Kenneth
03-07-2011, 10:47 PM
I agree, in reality 3D mapping for NLTS isn't strictly necessary. However it does afford me a good way of testing particular things (map lookups, especially 3D word lookup) using a function that is both easy to test and one that doesn't mess with AFR and other stuff which could actually cause damage.

I also think it'll be fun to be able to cruise about using NLTS at any RPM. Besides If I were to shift at 6000 RPM, I wouldn't even be able to use NLTS in 1st gear between traffic lights because I would already be speeding :P

scott.mohekey
03-07-2011, 10:57 PM
It sounds totally reasonable to me!

TwinTurbo
04-07-2011, 07:24 AM
I agree, in reality 3D mapping for NLTS isn't strictly necessary. However it does afford me a good way of testing particular things (map lookups, especially 3D word lookup) using a function that is both easy to test and one that doesn't mess with AFR and other stuff which could actually cause damage.

I also think it'll be fun to be able to cruise about using NLTS at any RPM. Besides If I were to shift at 6000 RPM, I wouldn't even be able to use NLTS in 1st gear between traffic lights because I would already be speeding :P

sounds good, also testing 3d Maps lookup on NLTS will be a good start for further inprovement of LC 3D Map as it is more important for better launch, smoothing the ingnition retards and LC Fuel maps

Kenneth
04-07-2011, 08:28 AM
I was actually thinking about LC mapping.

The thought that came to me was that I might as well implement map switching and then have a separate set of maps for LC. That way you can do what you want with the ignition and fuel (and whatever other maps are switched) and be done with it.

lateshow
04-07-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm just asking, if I load the latest version for my auto, do I have to do anything to those NLTS and launch parts if I want the car to function normally I'm just interested in the better scaling in ignition and fuel. When does Kenneth have time to do the next version with CEL on knock?

foxdie
06-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Just for reference, what pin on the EFI ECU does the clutch switch attach to? Is it C4P21 (Connect 4, Pin 21)?

In Kats pinout definition (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?41090-ECU-Pin-Out-Complete), C4P21 is listed as the inhibitor switch for the auto gearboxes and "grounded" for manual gearboxes.

TwinTurbo
06-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Just for reference, what pin on the EFI ECU does the clutch switch attach to? Is it C4P21 (Connect 4, Pin 21)?

In Kats pinout definition (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?41090-ECU-Pin-Out-Complete), C4P21 is listed as the inhibitor switch for the auto gearboxes and "grounded" for manual gearboxes.

PIN 52, check out out ECU pinout and you will find out where it is located, just make sure that you will have a spare PIN with cable as PIN 52 is empty. in my case I have opened ECU and welded a cable inside

foxdie
06-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Pin 52 could be any of them depending on how you look at it.

If you use the service manual for example, "Pin 52" translates to C3P2 on Kats diagram.

Can you point it out on this ECU pinout diagram (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/uploaded/57846/1246380486.jpg) which one it is please?

TwinTurbo
06-07-2011, 09:51 PM
C3P2 is the right pin to use. for manuals its empty for sure, do not remember for automatic, as I sold mine coulpe of months ago, but it sould be enpty as well.

good luck and trust me, better to open ECU and weld a wire on that PIN ruther then to have a connection problems with hand made PIN to fit into empty C2P3

foxdie
06-07-2011, 10:00 PM
good luck and trust me, better to open ECU and weld a wire on that PIN ruther then to have a connection problems with hand made PIN to fit into empty C2P3

There's a small chance I'll be able to secure some pins for the club anyway :)

Nutter_John
06-07-2011, 10:06 PM
There's a small chance I'll be able to secure some pins for the club anyway :)

well get on with it then :P

Kenneth
06-07-2011, 11:58 PM
The pins to use are clearly labelled in the XML on the Input Mask On.

Connectors 1 through 4 and followed by the pin number. In the case of the "standard" pin used for NLTS (which still doesn't work yet) is marked as C-02 which means the 3rd connector in, 2nd pin.

You can use any of those pins which are free on your ECU, you just need to setup the bit mask to correctly identify when the one you used is switched on.

foxdie
07-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks for clarifying Ken,

Can you list all the pins here that can be used if unoccupied?

Same for those that can be used for monitoring (like C4P5 / D-05 that can be used to monitor Wideband o2) :)

Edit: Re-read through the XML, found the pins that can be used for the clutch switch :)

vr4drifta
07-07-2011, 09:45 AM
when will it be ready to be used by other club members mate.

foxdie
07-07-2011, 09:58 AM
when will it be ready to be used by other club members mate.

It's ready pretty much anytime, however it's still a work in progress, new features will be added, bugs will be found etc.

Also Amesh, you've got an Auto box, you can't really use this particular ROM as it's got features that require a clutch. If you're looking for a bit more oomph then there are plenty of other (safer) ways of getting more power, I'll talk to you about that sometime :)

vr4drifta
07-07-2011, 10:08 AM
ok mate i have a 7202 i was under the impression 100lbs torque 50 bhp was i misled

Atik
07-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Amesh just wants the horsepower and torque :)

Adam.Findlay
07-07-2011, 11:54 AM
A quick question to kenneth. how do you get your extended maps to work in evoscans map tracing feature, trying to give my car a quick retune see if i can squeeze a few more degrees ignition as it seems like it has more to give. but evoscan wont load your KS mods rom when im trying to use the map tracing feature

Kenneth
07-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Sorry Adam, I can't help you with that. At least not at present. I don't really use EvoScan much any more as I find the stand alone logging on the open port 2.0 much easier to use.

If I remember, ill look it up and see if I can work out how it works.

foxdie
08-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Sorry Adam, I can't help you with that. At least not at present. I don't really use EvoScan much any more as I find the stand alone logging on the open port 2.0 much easier to use.

If I remember, ill look it up and see if I can work out how it works.

That's something I'd like to do as well, can I pester you for your config file? :)

Kenneth
08-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Unfortunately I can't help much with that either I'm afraid. Not because I am being purposefully difficult, but because my logging paraphernalia is setup for testing the ECU mods I am doing. As such, most of the MUTIII table addresses are overwritten to keep track of variables in my code rather than logging "useful" tuning parameters.

I would highly recommend that you trawl through as many threads on forums as you can find regarding data logging and find what you need for your desired purpose. If you are serious about getting into the flashing/tuning game then you need to have a good understanding of what you are doing and why.

However, to get you started

type = mut2 ;mut2 logging

setpinvoltage = 1,-2 ;sets pin voltage to GND so that you can log data

paramname = LoadRaw
paramid = 0x00
databits = 16

paramname = RPMRaw
paramid = 0x02
databits = 16

paramname = TPSRaw
paramid = 0x17

paramname = KnockSum
paramid = 0x26

type = calc

paramname = Load
scalingrpn = LoadRaw,0.3125,*

paramname = RPM
scalingrpn = RPMRaw,3.90625,*

paramname = TPS
scalingrpn = TPSRaw,0.39215686,*

;-------------triggers---------------
;
; note that parameters must be previously defined
; before defining triggers using them
;
; triggers allow you to control when logging starts and stops
; this example sets up triggers such that logging only occurs
; when the engine is running (RPM > 0)
;
; triggers consist of a condition (a RPN expression using comparison operators)
; and an action. the RPN comparison operators match those in the C language:
;
; > < >= <= == != && ||
;
; if the condition evaluates to a non-zero value, that action is taken

;conditionrpn = KnockSum,0,>

conditionrpn = Speed,8,>=
action = start

;conditionrpn = KnockSum,0, ==
conditionrpn = Speed,8,<
action = stop

These are pretty much the parameters I log regardless. (except at present where I need the speed)
The more parameters you log at once, the less often you log per second. This makes sense as the maximum logging is determined by the comm channel speed on the ECU.

My personal preference is to log all the parameters as their "raw" value, then do the calculations later. You can put the scalingrpn section directly on the parameter, I just find this more useful for what I do.

In general day to day logging, I log only on knock sum. I am usually not that bothered otherwise.

There are samples in your Ecuflash directory which has a number of the Evo parameters in it. Alternatively you can look at the ones in EvoScan. Just verify that it is the correct parameter for the VR-4

foxdie
09-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Thanks Ken, that's enough to get started :)

Adam.Findlay
11-07-2011, 11:59 AM
hmm i have never used the stand alone open port logging i use evo scan for its map tracking ability, so much easier to adjust the correct cells in the rom but i couldnt figure it out

Kenneth
17-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Not a mod any more so not able to change the thread title.

Got the 3D NLTS mapping working (finally) today. A few stupid mistakes, excess complication and lots of other reasons why it took a long time an much frustration. The end result is fairly simple (compared to what I originally tried anyway) but appears to work well.
If anyone wants to test this before I post it up, let me know.

Also, CEL on knocksum works now.

foxdie
17-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Heya Ken,

Well done for getting both of those working, like the others, I'm quite interested on the CEL on knocksum feature but I do have a couple of questions regarding it; Under what conditions will the CEL come on?
The moment it detects any knock or if the knocksum goes above a threshold ie. 5?
Does it just flicker on briefly or does it stay on for a couple of seconds?
Will it interfere with normal CEL functionality? ie. if an engine fault occurs, will a knock event turn the CEL on then off, effectively hiding an engine fault?
I'd offer to test it, but I won't have time to flash it in the next couple of days, hope someone else steps up :)

TwinTurbo
17-07-2011, 07:25 PM
awesome Ken, send them out, I will test it. also goo questions about CEL on knock from Jason, I will test it as well.

Kenneth
17-07-2011, 10:02 PM
I'll post up instructions when I post the ROM, and to those who test.
CEL on knock lights up the CEL when a pre-determined knocksum level is reached. This is user defined, by default set to 3.

It lights up while KnockSum is above the determined level. Which, hopefully is briefly. The one time I have seen it, it was probably on for less than one second. I noticed it though!

If engine CEL is generated then the light is supposed to blink (If I understand it correctly). I have not tested this functionality.
That being said, if you get knocksum greater than the threshold value and don't back off so that the light goes off... /pan

Gly
18-07-2011, 10:26 AM
if you want another car to test it on i can prob pop round on saturday if your free?

Kenneth
18-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Yeah, should be free Saturday.

Shtiv
20-07-2011, 02:13 PM
I'll give it a go, you have my email.... Oh crap, must get a clutch switch and put it in this weekend....

lateshow
21-07-2011, 07:49 AM
So, if I'd like to have CEL on knock on extended fuel/ignition maps I just use version 1.02 and switch NLTS and launch off for my automatic?

Kenneth
21-07-2011, 10:38 PM
CEL on knock isn't verified to work on 1.02.
1.03 will be released this weekend after I have the time to clean some things up. Use that with NLTS and LC turned off.

So, if I'd like to have CEL on knock on extended fuel/ignition maps I just use version 1.02 and switch NLTS and launch off for my automatic?

Mr.Salas
09-08-2011, 05:21 AM
Nice job Kenneth. Keep it up

Mark 4
09-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Yea, he's a clever little bugger aint he. Dunno what he's on about though.

kc427
07-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Great!.... I am waiting for it for long time :D:D:D

Kenneth
10-09-2011, 03:33 AM
Is anyone using the NLTS?

I am thinking about scrapping the 3d table :P
After actually using it, I have noticed that the RPM doesn't change enough for the rev limiter (unless I do something dumb) to take effect, so there is little point in doing a lookup. Might as well just cut RPM to say 2000 which will let you shift just the same.

I would expect a standard clutch to be even more reluctant to drop RPM, however since I haven't got one I thought best to wait for some feedback.

It was still good as a learning exercise though :)

scientist
16-09-2011, 03:44 AM
Was wondering why you chose an elaborate NTLS when everyone else opted for the simple method. But was hoping to give it a try to compare to the NTLS we run on the evos

Kenneth
16-09-2011, 05:41 AM
I like Elaborate :D Actually, I enjoyed working it all out more than anything and it was a very good way for me to play around with table lookups.

I guess I was thinking that the engine response might be a bit quicker... Even with my light weight clutch and flywheel assembly I am still able to shift gear before the engine really starts dropping RPM.

Shtiv
16-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Well I just assumed it was all going well and hadn't bothered to put a switch in, do you want me to put a switch in and let me know what I think? Let me know by email though if you do, I'm never on here!

Kenneth
17-09-2011, 12:27 AM
someone wanted a video of the stationary RPM limit with no muffler... Well I have one with no rear muffler (centre fujitsubo resonators are still there)

It isn't perfect because there is lots of condensation. I should really drive somewhere and re-do it but hey. It was pretty loud and the video doesn't do it justice. I should get some video editing software to cut it down as the video is 44MB

Kenneth
17-09-2011, 04:46 AM
can we embed youtube on this forum? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NP76d-CeDQ

kc427
23-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Kenneth,

Just found out something, but, you maybe already know about it. Anyway, here is what I tested, only the "Ignition Map2 Hi Octane", (with address 0x118b9 table), I modified the ignition timing in the cells 1500, 2000rpm and 20, 30, 40 load, and then logged with Evoscan with revving to around 1500rpm. I found that the ignition timing has been changed to similar to what I changed in the table. Then I turned on the A/C, and the ignition timing immediately changed back to the original value; and then I turned off A/C again, and the ignition timing changed to the modified value.

So, I assume:

Ignition Map 1, 1176F, A/C on
Ignition Map 2, 118B9, A/C off

Do you think my assumption is correct? or you already know about this?

KC

jamk
16-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi all!

This is my development on our ecu program - advanced fuel & ign maps & LC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my6vXRL6b9A&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

That you think ?

jamk
16-10-2011, 02:51 PM
So, I assume:

Ignition Map 1, 1176F, A/C on
Ignition Map 2, 118B9, A/C off

Do you think my assumption is correct? or you already know about this?

KC
Yeah, i think you're right :thumbsup:

BCX
25-10-2011, 10:32 AM
i believe its to do with the inhibitor switch - or similar (between auto/manual)... i dont have an Automatic handy to try a couple of things to confirm.

this is based on my disassembly.

phosty
25-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Do the fuel maps behave the same? If so, is this not in effect switchable maps?

Kenneth
25-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Yes the fuel maps behave the same. There is actually a whole group of maps which are looked up in this manner.

Yes, in effect it is switchable maps. The problem is understanding what is driving the switching. If you were running a E85 map and then, for some obscure reason, the ECU changed the map lookup and you got a Petrol map, things could get interesting.

So the safe thing to do is to work around that and make sure you can guarantee which maps are going to be looked up, leaving the ECU to work as usual on the rest of them.

Do the fuel maps behave the same? If so, is this not in effect switchable maps?

phosty
28-10-2011, 12:33 PM
I know switchable maps are being discussed in the KS Mods 1.03 thread, but with respect to the 'oem' maps, is the switch between the maps not simply the A/C switch as post #123 above or maybe the AT / MT input pin as per post #125? I seem to recall AndyC mentioning something similar on the geekmapped forum about AT / MT maps.

Surely if it is simply the AT / MT inhibit then there is no danger of the ecu choosing the wrong map?

jamk
02-11-2011, 12:31 PM
I think i'll do the switchable maps for boost, fuel, ignition.
Kenneth Answer to the latest priv msg pls )))

BCX
03-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Fuel maps arent off inhibitor switch, or A/C. the fuel maps it uses is determined by what 'configuration' the ecu is set to - eg EM2005 or EM2004 etc.

kinkyafro
03-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Fuel maps arent off inhibitor switch, or A/C. the fuel maps it uses is determined by what 'configuration' the ecu is set to - eg EM2005 or EM2004 etc.

Nope it's not based on the rom label it's set by the ecu type flag I detailed it for the 7201 a while back I've also noted a third config on 7202 ecu's which basically equates to 280bhp for auto's (through map selection).

BCX
04-01-2012, 12:59 AM
The EM200x number is dicated by what 'Map Index' (well in my disassembly, i called it that). there is potential for 8 configurations (periphery bits), 8 case numbers and 8 EM200x.

Basically, EM2004 has a map index of 1, EM2005 has a map index of 2.

There is also EM2003 (map index 0) and EM2006 (map index 3), but i'm yet to see any roms configured this way plus case numbers are just empty in those locations.

Using this 'map index', it'll lookup what maps to read from too for some maps - fuel maps are one that come to mind, but also some maps relating to the WG/Boost.

7201 is the same - EM0004 and EM0005 are the two main ones, but EM0003 and EM0006 exist in the ROM - no case numbers are fillout out for those locations.

foxdie
04-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Interesting work there Rich / Bill :)

I'm guessing this may lead to switchable maps on 7201s as well now?

kinkyafro
04-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Interesting work there Rich / Bill :)

I'm guessing this may lead to switchable maps on 7201s as well now?

Umm well...

There is a prototype that's been in my car for some time now that has 5 switch-able roms(roms not maps) using a hardware rather then software method - It was in the process of being productionised when MMCFlash for 7201's came out.

The prototype only had 1 flashable rom the other 4 were not re-flashable so I came up with another design for an ecu with 4 flashable roms and then Kenneth released his switchable map rom which given the effort to make the switchable ECU's called into question the value of continuing with it so the second design remains unproven.

The only way in-rom switchable maps are likely to happen is if Kenneth redid his rom for the 7201. If this was easy he would have done it already. I suspect that it's not going to happen unless the 7201 CPU is identified and a datasheet found and even then It would still be Hard (with a capital H).

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Kenneth's work on a 7201 I just don't expect it to happen.

Xaxasv6
18-05-2015, 10:39 AM
First Test Ride:

Knocks on:

3000 upm
112 km/h
during acceleration with 32% tps

2500 upm
48 km/h
27 % tps

3188 upm
22 km/h
40 %tps

Kenneth
21-05-2015, 02:36 AM
Please do not use this ROM. Could a moderator please close this thread

THIS ROM IS OUT OF DATE AND CONTAINS "BUGS"

Please use the following thread and attached ROM: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?59075-Kenneth-s-ECU-Mods-V1-03