PDA

View Full Version : Tailgaters!

e5dcb
27-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Is it just me? but whenever we go out in the Estate we always find cars just seem to sit on our ass. Is this a jap thing as we had this in the Evo too lol. And no we int driving slow!

aboo
27-06-2011, 11:09 PM
I fined it the other way round. I'm always tailgating cause I catch cars up so quickly :p

The Vee
27-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Just flick the side lights on and off or dab (gently!) the brake pedal with your left foot. Then smile when you see the car behind nose dive..........

Danzul
28-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Just flick the side lights on and off or dab (gently!) the brake pedal with your left foot. Then smile when you see the car behind nose dive..........

haha, i do that as well, rear fogs at night work well.

chris g
28-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Or you could do a brake test by actually braking...?

Nothing like the sight of a suddenly slowing car to scare the sh1t out of tailgaters...

Humpty's Revenge
28-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Tailgaters are scum simple as.........£60 fine & 3 points if spotted by police or video the feckers. It's called comfort driving & at least 50% of drivers don't realize they are doing it.

Richard head doing 30 in a 60 is another idiot, pull over & let the 30 cars that are behind you get on there way, this is why there's road rage because of inconsiderate tossers.

chris g
28-06-2011, 11:31 AM
And we have touched a sensitive subject...

Who amongst us has not been a little too close in traffic - within Highway Code braking/thinking distances...?

Been in a hurry and sticking a little too close to someone in preparation of passing...

In a fast line of traffic on a dual carriageway or a motorway and been quite close to the car in front...

Let those amongst us who are completely innocent throw the first wheel nut at the guilty...

dave-at-home
28-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Guilty as charged M'lud. But try not to make a habit of it.

Davezj
28-06-2011, 01:26 PM
I think we are all guilty of this at some point, then there are the people who say they never speed. we doo all do it but not intentionally.
everybody at some point in there trip to or from work will speed at some point. i have never been a car with anyone that never strays over the limit. i am not saying excessive speeding but 0.1mph over the limit is still speeding. unless you stay a good 5-10mph below the speed limit at all times will you ever have a hope in hell of not breaking the speed limit, you speed will fluctuate when you drive and unless you are constantly looking at you speedo (which would be highly dangerous) you will drift over the limit at some point.
My personal favourite are the mums & dads that criticise people for speeding, and mean really criticise people "what about the children, protect the children" then when they are late for something like dropping the kids off at a party or for football training, or school in the morning, etc, etc, when they are late for something. The complete madness that appears, just to get somewhere on time is horrendous, it like they have been possessed by a Tasmanian devil on cocaine. And i do know a couple of people like this, it is scary, and they will never admit the speed.

chris g
28-06-2011, 01:33 PM
I meet similar attitudes regulalry and have to challenge such statements...

"I drink heavily/regularly/binge but NEVER put the kids at risk..." And you drive the kids to school the morning after you were drinking heavily...?

"I drink heavily/regularly/binge but NEVER put other people at risk..." And you drive to work/shops/friends the morning after you were drinking heavily...?

e5dcb
28-06-2011, 06:49 PM
I drive mad miles each day in my work van and I do find all manners of driving on my travels.
Today a lorry sat on my ass not because I was going slow there was a line of traffic in front of me due to some knob doing 20mph yet this lorry was really sat too close for my liking (Yet he could prob see what the hold up was)
Another later on in the day some knob in a passat ( Always find all these drivers seem to be knobs) Sat on my ass on a 50mph road (which i was doing just fine) He wouldnt over take just sit there.

It gets to the point where the weekend comes and a really dont wanna drive at all anywhere lol.

Oggie
28-06-2011, 07:28 PM
tail gaters piss me off lol..

i always tap my breaks once on them. if they back off i carry ob doing the legal speed limit.
if they tail gate me again i tap once then break good n proper.... had a bitch blonde in a subbie tail gate me once. so ad\fter the tapping the breaks didnt work, i just waited to a red light with a truck, and took off at same speed as the truck.. she then gave me the finger lol in the end i had to bail home in another direction and sure as muck. she speed off. tail gaters need to obey the 2 second rule or 4 second in wet weather.

chris g
28-06-2011, 08:08 PM
This is a bit worrying about the pain of daily driving and the behaviour of other drivers...

I may be changing jobs in August to community work around Yorkshire, North Derbyshire and North Lincs and the dislike of weekend driving after a week driving my 'patch' is not an attractive proposition...

When else, other than w/e's will I be able to enjoy my 'not a Galant'...

oldgit9
30-06-2011, 05:25 AM
i openly admit to tailgating people. but i would rather not do it all. you just have to do it sometimes. i used to travel from Plymouth to Portsmouth every weekend and for those who know that road (either the A303 or the costal route), it can be a nightmare when there is slow traffic on the road. there is not a lot of overtaking opportunities (especially on the coastal route) and when the car in front is doing 40-50 in a 60 zone, you just cant help but tailgate. you even get some people stay at 40-50 and when the road opens up, they speed up to 60 and then slow back down again when they see another car coming in the other direction. now that gripps my ****!

on one of my trips to Portsmouth, the tables were reversed. i had a saxo up my ass for miles on end and you could see that he wanted a bit of a race. we finally got to a long straight and he tried to take me. i let him come door to door, then i put my foot down. yeah he didn’t stand a chance. he finally caught up with me a few miles down the road going through some small town. he kept his distance from then on...lol

Ghost_2008
30-06-2011, 12:38 PM
You think people tail gate over her, try Italy..... I must admit I get close but I alway feel confident that I am able to stop the car if anything was to happen, I also have good reactions but there is always the chance of being taken unaware......

Worse than tailgating I feel are people sitting in the fast lane at speeds below the speed limit & not overtaking anyone, parents who just stop in the middle of the road to drop little jonny off at school, people who just walk out in front of cars because you look at them and they think they have the right of way........

BillHardy
30-06-2011, 08:21 PM
I was driving back from collecting my latest eco runaround yesterday and noticed some young t*at in a Scooby up my rear,I thought i'd be kind and near indicate when there was a clear gap so he could get past but he lost patience and overtook me on a blind righthand bend crossing a solid white line,if anything had been coming around the bend quickly he would have caused an accident but most likely come out without a scratch and seriously injured the other driver,these type of drivers should be removed permanently from society.

gareth001
01-07-2011, 09:54 AM
We had a driver awareness course at work this week, it was presented by an ex policemen who now does freelance road incident forensics. He was telling us that last week he was driving down the M4 with someone really tailgaiting him - even though he was doing above 70 on the outside lane and was overtaking the other two lanes. This went on for some while - eventially because of his job he has hidden blue lights across the back and front of the car, a quick flick of the rear ones... the tailgaiter was now 10's of meters behind him. After that, this car wouldn't even over take, no matter what lane or speed the ex poliemen was doing!

e5dcb
01-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Where can we get some of these said lights lol

Guigsy
10-07-2011, 07:26 PM
I was in the supra about 2 months ago on the m25. I was in the outside lane doing about 75-80 keeping a decent distance. And some prat steamed up behind me in a 1 series Beemer. I saw him coming and he was so close I couldn't see his headlights. After a few seconds he flashed me. Which is a pet hate ontop of tailgating for me. So I ignored him. Then after 10 secs or so he turned the high beams on. So I just carried on and flipped the rear view mirror down. There wasn't sufficient gap for me to pull over anyway.
He sat here, high beams on, inches from my arse end for a little while. The car infront of me moved over so I had to choose. Plant my boot and piss over his 1 series with my 400bhp supra or tap the breaks.
The mrs was with me and I knew I would get an earful ether way but I decided to do the latter.
His car nosedived and he swerved towards the middle lane before he realised I hadn't slowed down and he resumed his normal position up my ass. I moved over and let him through. He pulled along side and both him and his passenger gave me the rod. So I returned the favour.
He then took off and did the same thing to a couple of other people infront of him and undertook one of them.

I wish I was a copper sometimes.

Guigsy
10-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Where can we get some of these said lights lol

I'm sure you could get a strip of ultrabright LEDs from maplins and rig them up to flash quite cheaply :p

666damned
10-07-2011, 07:49 PM
i used to have a sticker on the boot lid asking tailgaters to.'smile..your on camera',and they soon fu*&ed off...........

Scanny
13-07-2011, 04:12 PM
i have a few techniques depending on my mood. sometimes boot it, sometimes slow gradually without using brakes, sometimes slow then boot it. the VR4 will be getting a brand new technique, one that i think will work well and i am considering for this very purpose. flamer kit!