PDA

View Full Version : Increase the Fuelcut limit?

siga
29-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Hello guys,

i read a lot about fuelcuts, AFR, AFM, etc...

Now my question is, what kind of opportunities are there to increase the fuelcut limit?

car: 97er coty automatic

I have done yet:

Boostcontroller GReddy Profec B
HKS Panel Filter
Rear muffler
de-cat pipe
600x300x76 fmic
Evo 8 metal pop off

I did the MAF mod too. Now im running on 0,8 - 0,9 bar boost. On cold day i hit fuelcut in 4th or 5th gear @ about 4000 rpm or bit later.
@ full throttle my o2 is about 0,99 and the AFR is about 9,8 - 10,8. @idle and cruising the afr is about 14,7.

The car makes a lot of fun, but i wish i could drive with my mod list @ about 1 -1.1 bar without fuelcutting even on cold days.

What can i do to raise up the fuelcut limit?
I read about fuelcut defencer but it is not a good solution because of the "wrong" signal.

Is there a stock ecu where i can raise the fc limit?
The only thing i know is, that i have an ecu in a metal box, not in plastic.

thank you guys for wasting your time /Banana

tobias

Gly
29-06-2011, 08:25 PM
you can get the ecu flashed to raise or remove the limit,

but it has to be a 7202 or 7203 chipped ecu, which is not likely what you have since its in a metal case,

aboo
29-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Nutter John/Kinkyafro do a flashed 7201 ECU which your more than likely to have in your car that can raise the fuel cut. \Drop them a pm.

Nick Mann
29-06-2011, 10:07 PM
There are other ways, but ecu changes are potentially easier and cheaper. Fuel cut defenders can work, but they effectively remove the fuel control at high load, so allow you to run lean - if you choose this route, then ensure it is all set up properly. Increasing fuel delivery and then tuning it back out is the next option, so higher fuel pressure or bigger injectors, plus a piggy back ecu. Finally, there is the option of a stand alone ecu to run the engine exactly as you want.