PDA

View Full Version : A thankyou to Nutter_John and Nick Mann

foxdie
02-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Johns probably gonna think I'm pished at this point given the fact I recently sent him a picture message of a half-drunk bottle of Whiskey (which is now near empty :D) :)

I just want to publically thank John and Nick, John for giving me so much of his time for teaching me how to start remapping our ECUs, and Nick for lending (and provisionally selling) me a 7202 to get started with :) It's caring for ones fellow member like this that makes ClubVR4 the best owners club in the world :thumbsup:

Also, can't forget people like Kenneth and Mitsiman, you guys rock :beerchug:

I flashed my first ECU a few hours ago and managed to get a little more boost out of it, small steps but I want to learn how to do this safely, however there's such a buzz that comes with finally starting to grasp an understanding of something that seemed almost magic before :)

Nutter_John
02-07-2011, 07:01 PM
It;s a kind of magic :D

WOODY72
02-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Sounds like good news, well done chaps.

Mitsiman
11-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Glad its all coming together, with all the people now getting involved, many of them far better at doing this stuff than me, we should really start seeing some good results appearing.

foxdie
23-07-2011, 09:48 PM
So just to update this, John took me through getting a stable 1.2 bar boost (tailing off to 0.9) from my car with minimal knock a couple of weeks ago, cars been pretty damn quick since then although I've always felt (and Atik too) in our "bum dynos" that it wasn't quite performing as well as it should for the boost level.

So, with the intention of trying to push it further delving into timing advances, today we fitted the MTX-L gauge / wideband controller combo to see what it was running at... at full boost (without touching timing / fuelling yet) it was running an AFR of.. ready for this? 9.1 /pan

The perils of rising rate fuel pressure regulators, at least now I can adjust the fuelling to match :)

elnevio
23-07-2011, 09:50 PM
I reckon you *might* be able to lean that out a little bit.

:rabbit:

Wobble
23-07-2011, 09:51 PM
plenty to gain then jason with that afr. have fun tinkering