PDA

View Full Version : Flashing question

foxdie
04-07-2011, 06:30 PM
This evening I thought I'd try this ROM just for Gits'n'Shiggles as tuning Mitsimans ones from Evoscan.com appears to be getting me nowhere.

I tried flashing it with ECUFlash (I moved my "galant" folder out of rommetadata and moved Kens folder complete with VR4base.xml into it), ECUFlash read the ROM but it failed to flash it, something about not being able to write to address.

Needless to say, I panicked at this point and didn't get a screenshot, I was more interested in reflashing a working ROM (which I'd backed up) so I could drive home :)

Anyone know what the error meant? The ECU I'm using is a 7202, and I believe the part code is MD362895.

Edit: I'll try flashing it again later.

Nutter_John
04-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Just read the XML file and it shows that it is for a 7203 and not a 7202

<memmodel>H8539FA</memmodel>

IIRC just change the FA to F and it will work , but let Ken confirm that

foxdie
04-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Cheers John.

I've tried upping the load target on that Mitsiman ROM to 140 yet I'm still not getting any extra oomph. I'm not sure if this is worth starting its own thread? I got screenshots of what everythings set to.

Nutter_John
04-07-2011, 08:03 PM
call me

Kenneth
05-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Yep, should just require changing FA to F.

My understanding of the target load is that it is used for boost correction. You would be well served to increase the base duty cycle of the boost control solenoid inline with your desired load increase.

Please start a new thread about this though, it doesn't really belong in this one.

foxdie
05-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Sorry, we managed to fix it, it was the DC :)

Is it possible to put that FA / F in the XML as a flag to broaden the scope this can be flashed to without editing?

Kenneth
05-07-2011, 12:15 AM
If I understand your question, you will need to ask Colby, the bloke who develops EcuFlash.

It isn't a difficult thing to do though, just have a link to the files on your desktop (or in a sub folder) so that you can bring them up quickly for each type. Better still, use a batch file to move versions of the file around so that you can set up for whatever type of ECU you are flashing.