PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Flexi too short !

Wodjno
05-07-2011, 11:44 AM
The large Flexi on the Wifes V6 has needed replacing for a while. I had tried to get a flexi pipe long enough (15 1/2") :uhoh: I endend up purchasing a 10" flexi with extended ends to make it upto 15 1/2". It arrived today and it hasn't got extented ends, so is only 10" long :(
I happen to have a 6" Flexi in my parts bin :p It is a 1/4" diameter larger, but was wondering if joining them together like below will be ok ?

The Vee
05-07-2011, 12:19 PM
I would imagine that would be OK, or even just lengthen the exaust pipe you cut at each end to fit.

Wodjno
05-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I would imagine that would be OK, or even just lengthen the exaust pipe you cut at each end to fit.

Less Flexi though? May cause premature failure of joints?

Davezj
05-07-2011, 01:13 PM
glenn did you ever get hold of any down pipes with knackered flex section.

i am looking for a down pipe at the moment.

Wodjno
05-07-2011, 02:00 PM
glenn did you ever get hold of any down pipes with knackered flex section.

i am looking for a down pipe at the moment.

I've got 1 here Dave.. But i haven't any Flexi's to weld in at the moment. And time is a bit short at the min, with work and family commitments. So may not get round to making any up for a while.

Wodj

Mark 4
05-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Just weld em together Glenn, it will be fine.

Wodjno
05-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Just weld em together Glenn, it will be fine.

I have /yes :D

Mark 4
05-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Good man. :cowboy:

Davezj
05-07-2011, 10:13 PM
I've got 1 here Dave.. But i haven't any Flexi's to weld in at the moment. And time is a bit short at the min, with work and family commitments. So may not get round to making any up for a while.

Wodj

I wasn't actually after a fixed down pipe as i can weld it up myself and get hold of flex sections.
I was asking as i thought you might be sitting on a big pile of knackered downpipes and you could let me have one for a resonable price.
But sounds like you only have one downpipe.

Wodjno
06-07-2011, 02:23 PM
I wasn't actually after a fixed down pipe as i can weld it up myself and get hold of flex sections.
I was asking as i thought you might be sitting on a big pile of knackered downpipes and you could let me have one for a resonable price.
But sounds like you only have one downpipe.

So you want it to put new flexis in, while still using your car? If so, you can have it for shipping costs. As long as i can have yours in return! Or maybe we can make use of the CVR4 postal service ?

Cheers

Wodj

Davezj
06-07-2011, 10:24 PM
So you want it to put new flexis in, while still using your car? If so, you can have it for shipping costs. As long as i can have yours in return! Or maybe we can make use of the CVR4 postal service ?

Cheers

Wodj

Unfortunately there is the problem, i have an loud aftermarket one piece stainless exhaust with a sports cat and 2 very small straight through silencers. So i was looking to get a standard exhaust, swap it over for mine and then mod the stainless one by adding a couple of extra silencers i have. Then swap it back over, and hopefully that will make it a much quiter and less droning noise, as it is driving me up the wall.
How much to buy it out right as a broken down pipe.