PDA

View Full Version : Engine Stall while stationary with brake apply!

yangjiesheng
31-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Mine is a auto yr 2000 VR4.

At times, whenever I stop at the traffic light.
Applying the brakes while waiting...
My engine will stall out of the sudden!!!!!!!!! :(
(With A/C is "On")

I have to pay extra attention during stationary...
Once I feel the idling going rough, engine almost going to slient...
and about to die off / stalling..

I have to let off my brakes a little in order to prevent stalling.

:( damn no peace of mind.
But it never occured when I use the handbrake up... :(

Does anyone has a same problem as mine.
It occured once in a while..

Wondering is it running to lean that cos engine can't cope with
Brake Apply, A/C on and etc? :(

Pls enlighten me..

Thanks.

yangjiesheng
04-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Dear all,

I keep having this prob...
It really occured at times..
Idling will be rough and could sense it is going to die off sooner or later.

Will have to use hand brake rather than keep on stepping on foot brake
in order to prevent from sudden stalling.

By the way, my is an auto version.

Is it possible the caused of the HKS SSQV Blow-Off value
which vented air during normal stopping?

Thanks

Regards
Jason

RED
04-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Hello Jason
I'm not sure that I can help you myself as I just drive the car and leave all the technical stuff to Marcus (rally205) but I'll let him know you've posted and ask him to have a look for you if no one else lends a hand :-D

simpsonm
04-01-2005, 10:42 AM
I sometimes get this problem but only if I have put my foot down on the motorway. Another similar issue to this is when starting the car I have erratic tick over, this only happens now and again though not all the time.

I have no idea what causes it, the car requires a servive in the next month I will ask the so called people in the know.

simpsonm
04-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Sorry on another note, I don't think the SSQV is the problem as it happened when I had the original valve on too.

I-S
04-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Sounds like it could be a loose battery connection, in conjunction with other loads on the engine. See if having your headlights on makes it worse, in which case it would likely be something electrical, either battery or alternator or something...

Big Ian
04-01-2005, 01:39 PM
if your battery is fine and all the conection's are clean,dry and tight.
i'd check your inlet manifold for taking in air,it may need tightened or a new gasket
or some other breather pipe may be slack and taking in air when you lift of the gas pedal?

Polabear
04-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Have also known this problem in the past when the brake servo diaphragm has been perished / had a hole in it.... :sad3:

Kenneth
04-01-2005, 10:43 PM
It could be your BOV. If the spring that holds it shut is too weak, the manifold vacumme will open at idle.
If the system is plumb-back then that wouldnt matter, but if you are venting to atmosphere then its a problem. this is why you cant just make the stock BOV vent to atmosphere.

Both your A/C and Foot brake (not your hand brake) use engine power. Their use will generally cause the ECU to encrease the idle speed to compensate. This in turn will increase the manifold vacumme, which i suspect might be opening your BOV.

I think you should check this out first, as it is easy to rectify. That still doesnt help, then go to more complex solutions.