PDA

View Full Version : Ouch

RussBird82
06-07-2011, 06:26 PM
In the process of pimping the old ride (painting calipers - amongst other things) I popped along to Partco to get some recon back calipers as mine are shot. However I was surprised to be quoted £98 + VAT EACH (excluding deposit against old ones) /JawDroppi. So that's knocking on £240 for two back calipers (excluding carriers). Can anyone tell me if this sounds like a reasonable price??? as I've shopped around on tinternet and can't find any results. If I'm paying £240 Partco I hate to imagine what Mitsubishi would charge! Particularly as I only ever buy from Mitusbishi for parts I can't get elsewhere, single gaskets and so on. My dad paid something like £200 inc VAT for a full set of calipers for a Subaru Legacy about 4 years ago, but the guy in the store said the rarity of the Galant :smitten: pushes the prices up???

Wodjno
06-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Camskill do Front calipers at £85 each + delivery and rears at £84 each + delivery.
A £50 surcharge is added to the above prices, but is refunded when you return your old calipers to Camskill.

RussBird82
06-07-2011, 06:53 PM
It's an Elegance (EA5A) which they don't appear to list. Strange they'd be more expensive though...cheaper if anything

adaxo
06-07-2011, 07:19 PM
You can pick second hand brembos for that, but I'm not sure if you can change only rears and left standard fronts and what else is involved (probably disc change) for doing conversion.

RussBird82
06-07-2011, 07:27 PM
I already had the discs and pads. This is one of those unexpected/annoying expenses but the rear calipers look like sh!te! Really suffered since the discs and pads were last changed a couple of years ago. In fact the pads are hardly worn compared to the fronts. Makes me wonder if they've actually been working or not??!

elnevio
06-07-2011, 08:18 PM
The rears don't do much work, TBH! They will wear at a substantially reduced rate compared with the fronts.

WOODY72
06-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Are they the same as std FL calipers?

RussBird82
09-07-2011, 11:12 AM
To add insult to injury I've just been raped another £32 from from the stealership for a brake seal kit because they don't sell the caliper bushings (the tiny rubber bits I want) seperately - If I had any hair I'd be pulling it out about now.