PDA

View Full Version : Difference Between HKS & Monza SSQV

ShadyNZer
01-11-2004, 06:52 AM
Can somebody tell me if theres a big significant difference between the 2 (besides the obvious brand names :p ) since most of yas have the HKS im guessing the Monza isnt all that good... :sad3:
so yer some help please....

Chur

ako
01-11-2004, 09:13 PM
At the end of the day, a BOV is a very simple device with very little to go wrong.

The only differences - You lose the **** value of having HK$ gear, and it might sound a bit different. At the end of the day, personally I'd rather save $200 or $300 and get the cheaper one, and spend the rest on go fast gear :D Let your wallet decide this one :rolleyes:

(edited due to wording - spirit979) ;)

ShadyNZer
02-11-2004, 09:24 AM
my wallets tellin me to get the cheap monza :-D

Kyoshu
02-11-2004, 09:42 PM
TWSTD (Al of Driven Performance) on NZMMC forums sells them for a bit cheaper than the shops and only charges around $6 to ship them Nation wide. It may pay to check him out. My Sci/Drag-R one is stuffed and I've just bought a Monza Type-3 adjustable one off him for $50 cheaper than usual.

Also I'm buying a Samco 180 degree joint to replace the stock joint, so I can move the BOV away from the ground. Doing this as some Jap VR-4 sites I read said that the 8G VR-4 BOV location isn't the best and atmospheric BOVs may suffer from water damage in rainy conditions. That and the Monza Type-3 is big and the vacuum inlet scuffs the ground (tearing the vacuum hose in the process) on Driveway entry/exit in the stock location, but you won't have this issue with the SSQV.

Just a couple of things you might want to look out for, otherwise enjoy. :)

ShadyNZer
04-11-2004, 10:52 AM
lol must be the same TWSTD from trademe that im thinkin of buying the monza from...
cheers for the help...

simpsonm
04-11-2004, 02:15 PM
These BOV must be big if they scrape on the floor!!!

I have the HKS SSQV installed and this is hidden above the engine guard under the engine bay. So there is noway this could catch on the floor.

Kyoshu
04-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Hehehe!!! Yup that's the same guy. He can usually get the BOV shipped out to you in 24 hours and he's more than happy to help if you have issues with the install or with the BOV.

SimpsonM:

Yeah, the Monza Type-3 is huge, like the size of a little kids forearm with a big trumpet. :)

The Monza SSQV though is an replica of the HKS one.