PDA

View Full Version : AVCr not making set boost

psbarham
12-07-2011, 07:33 PM
anyone have any ideas?

for some reasons I cannot get my boost to go above 0.8 bar, even though my apexi is set to 1.2 bar, with 50% duty :o even if I press the overboost button it does nothing.

Also if i have the controller set to the day to day setting of 0.7 bar the boost comes in nice and smoothly, but when i have it in the higher setting the power surges in and out, its a lot more noticeable in higher gears.

psbarham
25-07-2011, 10:48 AM
right, after much head scratching and pressure testing the system (held 40psi quite happily :D) and after pressure testing my wastegates to make sure haven't gone weak They both start creeping open at 6psi, I decided to use my test rig on my MAP sensor, This is where the problem is. Which ever complete tosser fitted the map sensor to the apexi for the previous owner needs a slap and shouldn't be allowed to work on a car ever again. Its the wrong frickin sensor that doesn't even show close to the true boost levels, when the apexi is showing 0.8bar that actual pressure is...... wait for it........1.2 bar, how the feck the engine never let go is beyond me, on the plus side though i got very little fuel cut and the fueling was 10:1 at wot, so not too shoddy. (late facelift ecu)

Nutter_John
25-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Paul from your posting I assume that you tested the sensor on the day you bought the car using the same method as now thus have proof that the miss reading you have now was in fact mis reading from day one , if not then how can you claim that your engine has been running at 1.2 bar since day one
Rather than jumping on the person who fitted it have considered that the sensor is knackered at this point in time but was working fine when installed
The sensor is not the original apex one it is one that gives the same voltage at the pressure as the apex one .
The sensor was supplied by eurospec as a direct replacement for the apex one as apex has ceased trading

Oh I did not install it but know the full history as it was from my blue car

psbarham
25-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Ooh, very defensive there John!
The car has always made 1+ bar on the gauge even with it set to 0.7 I always thought it was due to the aggressive duty cycle I run for day to day use., but i could never compare it to the apexi reading as it wasn't in my line of site when driving.
Either way the map sensor is ****. And I've got a genuine one on its way.

Nutter_John
25-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Not defensive Paul just factual :)

Makes no difference to me as it was not my car

gallvr4
25-07-2011, 07:32 PM
I decided to use my test rig on my MAP sensor

paul can you explaine this test rig for me!!! (unless it's top secret info)

thanks again

brendan

psbarham
25-07-2011, 08:43 PM
all it is is a pressure regulator that will go down nice and low connected to my compressor, on the other side of it is a tee piece one side of it goes to whatever you are testing, the other goes to a high quality glycerin filled pressure gauge, if you want i can get some pictures of it.

Mark 4
25-07-2011, 10:11 PM
I'd like to see some pictures of it Paul.

psbarham
26-07-2011, 06:51 AM
i shall sort out some piccys tonight for you

gallvr4
26-07-2011, 10:19 PM
i shall sort out some piccys tonight for you

that would be great aswell !!!!!

thanks very much paul.