PDA

View Full Version : RESOLVED Members' Bar obscured by Search Image

Beastlee
12-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Barry, for some reason there's a copy of the Search image (the one with the magnifying glass) being displayed over the point where my username/profile/PMs bit is. This is using Firefox but if I switch to IE (9 in this case) the image is moved off-screen to the right of the text, barely visible. I've included images of both to explain. I don't really use IE and it's very frustrating when the image is blocking visibility of the link to 'mark read'.

On a side note, has chat been removed? I can't find the links to that anywhere and they used to be in that same area.

Thanks
Lee

Firefox 5 - 46633

IE9 - 46632

elnevio
12-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Lee, what resolution is your screen?

Chat should be under Goodies just above the search box. :)

Beastlee
13-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Nev,

1920x1200

Ah, I see it now! Who hid that? Always liked the visible link with a list of peeps in chat :(

elnevio
13-07-2011, 07:31 AM
I think the member's bar image may be repeating itself, as 1920 is rather high res! I'll have to test it on my telly later.

If anyone is in chat, it appears under the Member's Bar with a 'Join Chat' button, without the need to select the Goodies option:

It's just that there is no longer a 'Be the first!' link like the old site when no-one's in there.

Beastlee
13-07-2011, 09:26 AM
OK, makes sense. That's the default resolution for my laptop though and it's perfect :p anything else is just to low and I can't fit enough on screen. On this (work) PC the situation doesn't appear so I suspect you're right about the image repeating. At least it's not like the banking sites that don't dynamically resize, trying to work on a quarter of the screen when you know how much extra space is free is frustrating!

I've got so used to Jase, Atik or Craig being in there all-day I'd never seen it without someone being on-line LOL

BraindG
13-07-2011, 12:40 PM
hmmmm, yes - it repeats! :) - i'll change that now, if it wasn't for those pesky kids! - thanks for the heads up, good spot Lee, Nev well identified :)

Beastlee
13-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Much better thanks :)