PDA

View Full Version : Oh b@ll@x!

Yetidude69
13-07-2011, 03:17 PM
need sum help, ideally a pic! just gone to open my bonnet and the bonnet cable didnt ping the bonnet:huh2: so i gave it a little bit more and iv managed to snap the release cable:( unfortunately right at the catch under bonnet!!! any idea how i open the bonnet now? a picture of the catch wud be useful so i know what im dealing with lol(cant remember ever looking at it) Only way i can reach it is up behind the bumper but cant work out how to make it pop?(plus there is sod all room) PLZ HELP LOL
atb James

Atik
13-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Try using a pair of pliers to grip the cable and give that a pull. I had a similar problem a few years ago on my old Nissan. Means you need to keep a pair of pliers permanently under the driver seat so they are in easy reach! /lol

Yetidude69
13-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Sorry uv miss read my post, its snapped at the bonnet release mechanism under the bonnet!!!!:( I actually used the pliers in forst place to get more force and "ping" lol - doh

Atik
13-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Ahh, sorry, I did misread the post!

You should be able to pull the middle grille out. Its held on by some small clips, and chances are you'll break the clips, but it should come away to give you space under the bonnet.

exevoowner
13-07-2011, 04:43 PM
dont think it will he's snaped it at the catch so he needs access right by rad as thats were it connects you need to move the connector were the cable fits towards the drivers side good luck tho as there tight as f***k

Yetidude69
13-07-2011, 06:39 PM
lol yes tight as a freaking nun! tink im just gunna have to break the grille:( ah well it will keep for another few days and hopefully sumone will be able to shed sum light on how to do it! and pigs may also fly lol
atb J