PDA

View Full Version : Carbon engine covers

BillHardy
16-07-2011, 01:07 PM
All praise to Peter M.
He supplied me a carbon engine cover some weeks ago and when it arrived it showed several scratches but to most people would probably have been more than acceptable but me being a fussy so+so i wasn't happy with it,so Peter,being the top bloke he has proved to be,offered to send a replacement at no extra cost and not wanting me to return the other 1. I did offer to pay the postage costs but he wouldn't hear of it.
The new 1 arrived and is absolutely superb and I will be showing it off at the event at Knockhill tomorrow.
So Peter,many thanks for all your efforts to get the new 1 to me in time for the Knockhill meet.I'm sure I will be doing further business with you in the near future.

peter m
16-07-2011, 02:17 PM
thanks bill

the first cover that bill got was from the old mould i started doing carbon fiber from and had a lot of abuse as i was learning to do carbon at the time.

no one had seen the little mark in the cover till bill, not even me lol, i knew at some point i was going to have to make a new mould , now i have perfected vac infusion and the covers were right

so i started on a new plug and from start to finish it took me a month till i could work the new mould now the covers are mint

you will have to say thanks to two guys on this site one being quinton, he gave me the push to go from a wet lay up carbon which i had some problems with as you will all know, to full vac infusion and a cover that looked right but the mould needed putting in the ground

so i just want to say a big thanks to you bill for making me go that extra mile and not just stop making covers alltogether.

BillHardy
16-07-2011, 09:25 PM
The new cover is ace and well worth waiting for. I wish you every sucsess with sales as these are a great improvement on cracked and broken originals

R0B
17-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Not long ago I got two carbon fibre engine covers, One being from an old mould and the other from his new batch.
Peter did tell me something was up with the new one, but to tell you the truth, you can not really tell the difference, let alone see if there was anything up with it.

I know my missus said his stuff was good, but damn man, this is off the scale, and I will be getting more stuff over time from him.

Top job mate

Rob

SteveH
17-07-2011, 01:20 PM
ooh a Leggie owner in Swindon, just up the road from me. Maybe i'll get a "spotted" thread of my own one day :-)

The carbon covers look really nice, i looked into making my own carbon bits a few years back when the prices shot up due to some crazy huge airliner being built....damn you Airbus. I was going to make some small carbon bits for my ZX7RR but sadly the bike went and my interest waned. Its good to see that someone got round to it and has done it well.

peter m
17-07-2011, 01:30 PM
thanks guys ,i do love my work , hope to be back on as a traider in the next week or so with a new list of parts for you all ,carbon and grp ,

carbon engine covers

air intakes in carbon

super canards in grp or carbon

the full super kit

center dash and clock in carbon

evo bonnets as well

SteveH
17-07-2011, 01:31 PM
thanks guys ,i do love my work , hope to be back on as a traider in the next week or so with a new list of parts for you all ,carbon and grp ,

carbon engine covers

air intakes in carbon

super canards in grp or carbon

the full super kit

center dash and clock in carbon

evo bonnets as well

Someone likes the smell of the bonding chemicals! lol

peter m
17-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Someone likes the smell of the bonding chemicals! lol

we all have a poison just mine will kill me one day lol

R0B
17-07-2011, 02:17 PM
we all have a poison just mine will kill me one day lol

I think when it comes to these cars we are all in the same boat. in fact sometimes it makes me wonder if a crack habit is less deadly! /lol

Nutter_John
17-07-2011, 02:31 PM
I think when it comes to these cars we are all in the same boat. in fact sometimes it makes me wonder if a crack habit is less deadly! /lol

well it's cheaper in the short term :D

elnevio
17-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Well, I suppose it depends on whose crack is your habit! :o

Humpty's Revenge
17-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Well, I suppose it depends on whose crack is your habit! :o

Can you fine tuna that comment Nev please?:upsidedow

WOODY72
17-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Can you fine tuna that comment Nev please?:upsidedow

I've haddock enough of this!

elnevio
17-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Something is definitely a bit fishy around here... It's time I put you in your plaice!

cmproject
17-07-2011, 08:33 PM
oh cod off!

Barney
17-07-2011, 10:46 PM
All this fish talk leaves me Flounder-ing

BillHardy
18-07-2011, 11:09 AM
He shall have a fishy in a carbon dishy,when the booat comes in

miller
18-07-2011, 11:16 AM
jeez ye are all bottom feeders!

peter m
18-07-2011, 04:31 PM
thanks for all the fishy feed back guy, i may start selling it for your cars

crazyken76
18-07-2011, 11:20 PM
stop ling ing about pete and get them carbon snorkles made :)