PDA

View Full Version : for sale section

Scanny
18-07-2011, 06:56 PM
2 comments.
1. Can we have sub divisions similiar to the VR4 section? It would make life easier to find a particular item as a potential buyer rather than trawling through pages of things you arent interested in hoping to find what you want
2. Once an item has been sold and received by the buyer, can it be deleted or moved to a hidden archive? Again, just to tidy the section up a bit

Atik
19-07-2011, 10:07 AM
What sort of sub-divisions would you be looking for? The list could just be endless.

Also, sometimes it is handy to be able to search for old sale threads to track down owner history, problem threads and things. The current process puts a SOLD prefix when something gets sold.

Scanny
19-07-2011, 11:43 AM
i was thinking of the sections that the VR4 area is currently divided into. Anyone looking for a specific part could be trawling through pages and pages of posts that are completely irrelevant or are already sold. I can see the need for keeping sold posts for reference but do they really need to be mixed up with items that are not yet sold?
Some parts come up quite regularly and are snapped up quickly which is great for both buyer and seller but parts that are in less demand could be there for months because they get pushed down the list by the faster selling posts.
I am not suggesting that the committee should judge the level of demand for each part being offered but dividing into sections like interior, exterior, engine etc would make it easier to find the part you want to buy or sell whether it was posted 6 hours ago or 6 months ago.
Actually, keeping sold posts might prove useful if the sections are introduced as an indicator of the frequency of parts coming up

Nick Mann
19-07-2011, 04:57 PM
What about if you are breaking a whole car? Where would that go?

And there is always the WTB option - that way people who have got one have got the opportunity to tell you about it.

One thing though, almost everyone (including me) is guilty of not updating FS to SOLD when the item sells.

Scanny
19-07-2011, 08:08 PM
breaking a whole car would not be a specific section so i would put that in a general parts section.

Why are WTB threads placed? People are looking for a part and either arent happy with those on offer or cant find them. Either way it adds to the untidiness of the section as it stands now.

Updating threads isnt a major problem. Even if you forget you will get a reminder the 1st time someone shows interest after its sold. Its in the sellers interest to update the thread rather than getting a pm every time someone spots their thread after its sold