PDA

View Full Version : o2 Sensor

karlous54
21-07-2011, 12:46 AM
Hey guys

Have just had my new gearbox put in and the mechanic who is a good mate, has informed me that the o2 sensor wasnt connected and the cables wernt even connected and had been damaged. I did have a new resonator put in about 4 months ago so it may have happened then.

This would be the reason why it ran very rich on the dyno.

So anyway, not having the o2 connected wouldnt that bring up some sort of warning light ? and wouldnt the car be running like crap ? I think it has been chewing the gas, but i only drive it in weekends so hard to tell.

He has now installed a new o2 but it has come up with a check engine light, so will put a scan tool on it tonight and see what it says, he said he may have installed the wrong one but will check it out.

mattnz
21-07-2011, 05:19 AM
When I disconnect mine it backfires like a mofo. Should light up the CEL though.

wintertidenz
21-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Karl - I have an O2 sensor that I bought off Scott for my car here, but I'm going for a wideband so no longer need it.

Give me a yell if you want it.

karlous54
21-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Karl - I have an O2 sensor that I bought off Scott for my car here, but I'm going for a wideband so no longer need it.

Awesome, ill see where my auto sparky is at with everything tomorrow. If he hasnt got one sorted ill keep you in mind thanks!

karlous54
30-07-2011, 12:20 PM

Got the car back today. Ended up being the mechanic hadn't hooked up the airflow meter so easy fix. The car goes like a rocket now, and seems to be a lot smoother through the rev range. Also new gearbox has been installed and is a great improvement! Back in love with me vr4 again

taylor
30-07-2011, 01:07 PM
When I disconnect mine it backfires like a mofo. Should light up the CEL though.

Really? odd, as the factory narroband is only used to adjust fuel trims at idle and cruise

Disconnected on a few cars to have wideband in place for tuning, never thrown a CEL or shown any issues