PDA

View Full Version : VR4 Boost Controller Question

edgejar
04-11-2004, 04:04 AM
Hi everyone,

Just stumbled on this site when googling some stuff, and figure it's the best place to try and find info about Legnums :)

So umm yeah, I've had a VR4 Legnum for about 5-6 months now and loving it. Havent done too much to it yet, just got a TypeIII TurboSmart BOV and made the exhaust a bit louder... oh yeah and a big ass NetMD Double-Din head unit :D

Anywho, a mate of mine who deals in turbo parts and stuff has a GREDDY Boost Controller which he'll sell me dirt cheap. All of the people I know who have experience in installing boost controllers have never done a twin turbo and I'd rather not risk it unless I'm sure it's not going to screw stuff up.

Just wondering if anyone can give me info on where abouts to put it... it's a sequential twin turbo right? So one winds and low revs, then the other kicks in (or something :D)... so where do I put it?!

I'd also prefer not to pay to get it installed... because I did that with my BOV and the monkey that did it ****ed it up - put the BOV in all nice but didnt check where the hose was going... instead of being plugged into the vacuum it was still plugged into the factory spot - so it didnt make any noise even when I nailed it - he fed me some story about 9 pounds boost not being enough to make it work and how I cant increase the boost because they're "designed not to be modified"... but I digress

So, yeah... any help would be greatly appreciated. Damn I love Legnums! Station Wagons rock!~~

dickytim
04-11-2004, 05:45 AM
Not sequential, and yes you can wind the boost up, as far as fitting the boost controller, get it done by the likes of Ohlsens Developement, Ralliart or a reputable mechanic, and not Mag and Turbo and you should be right.

Kyoshu
04-11-2004, 09:33 PM
I 2nd that. If your going MBC and brave enough (which I haven't been, yet) the hose to cut is under under the intake.

edgejar
04-11-2004, 10:37 PM
I'm in crummy Dunedin... the picking's pretty slim... is there a Ralliart affiliate or half decent place I wonder...