PDA

View Full Version : ALLOY WHEEL PCD question

keeko
04-11-2004, 10:14 AM
Looking at buying a set of alloys for my V6-24. I`ve learned so far that the 4 stud has a PCD of 114.3 mm Would i be ok with a 114mm dead if the offset and clearance for the calipers was ok? I`m not sure if 0.3 mm makes a difference so i have to ask.
Any help appreciated
keeko :$

Nick Mann
04-11-2004, 10:45 AM
I'd be gobsmacked if there is any difference. 114.3mm is 4 1/2 inches, so when they quote 114 they are probably just rounding down anyway. Are you buying privately, or can the supplier confirm?

keeko
04-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Cheers nick you`re too handy. ;)
I`m buying off the net. seems like theres a few good deals but when you go to a fitment guide theres not really much for galants. Thats why i was wondering if the difference would really matter.
My problem lies with the fact that i`ve bought a private plate and i`ve left myself a wee bit short on dollar. I did want OZ Superleggera with tyres but now i`m looking at just a set of wheels

Big Ian
04-11-2004, 01:12 PM
:nono: i'm not promoting them... :grrr: .......but halford's have load's of alloy's at quite good prices?

keeko
06-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Saw a Galant V6 Sport yesterday at my work and went for a look at the wheels. 215/45/17s right enough. On checking the tyre clearance under the arch and above/round the front bar there was still a good bit of room so i`m going for tyres with a 215/50/17 as opposed to a 45 as I`m not lowering the car.
If anyone thinks i`m f*****g up then tell me .
I`d appreciate it. Brian

Big Ian
06-11-2004, 04:28 PM
i'd think if any bit of a 50 series tyre were to hit anything it would be the top wishbone as they are the closest part to the tyre,and maybe on full lock the tyre might rub against the splash gaurd?...trial an error i guess.
:rolleyes: unless you have a freindly tyre fitter ?

Louis
08-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Hi there,
Only thig to watch is that a bigger rolling radius (overall diameter size of wheel and tyre) will affect your speedo reading, puting you potentially 5 or 6 mph outfrom the speed you are actualy travelling.
There is a link on here somewhere for a wheeland tyre size calculator, search for it here or on google and it will tell you info re sizes, cheers Louis

keeko
08-11-2004, 03:44 PM
I appreciate what your saying mate but it`s not that much of an issue.If i`m caught speeding then, well, it`s my own fault eh? To be honest i`m not really a speed freak anyway Im only looking to make the car look better in a pathetic attempt to get more women into it. :-D
Sh*t if my missus reads this i`m doomed!!