PDA

View Full Version : ECU not reporting speed

foxdie
27-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi all,

My EvoScan isn't logging speed, at first I thought this was due to the fact the Speed Pulse Signal wire (D-16 aka Pin 86, white with green stripe (http://trackmygps.co.uk/images/misc/VR4%20Engine%20ECU%20Pinout.gif)) was cut, I reconnected it today but it's STILL not reporting a speed.

This car came from Ebony & Ivory, do they do something weird in addition to cutting this wire?

There is always the small chance the wire ISN'T conducting still despite being crimped, but I'll recrimp that again at the weekend just to be sure.

apeman69
27-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Hope you find out because mine, also from E&I, is the same though I haven't investigated 'cos I'm lazy!
BTW I was only joking about rewiring everything in the car with those connectors.

Sent from my Huge Brain using MyFingers :)

foxdie
27-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Hope you find out because mine, also from E&I, is the same though I haven't investigated 'cos I'm lazy!
BTW I was only joking about rewiring everything in the car with those connectors.

Alan, these connectors will shortly be holding the very substance of the universe together, let alone my car :D

apeman69
27-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Make sure you solder the buggers too then... I quite like my existence.

Sent from my Huge Brain using MyFingers :)

kinkyafro
27-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Mines from E&I i just reconnected the cut wire and it just worked.

Kenneth
28-07-2011, 05:44 AM
It may have something to do with the kph/mph speed converter they installed (presumably installed at any rate).
You may want to trace the wiring for that to find out what they did. It may be that the speed wire is disconnected in another place also.