PDA

View Full Version : Left hand drive

Ultima GTR
04-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I plan to buy a Legnum VR4. Since I live in Sweden it would be nice to convert it to left hand drive. I guess it can be done by using a left hand galant as a donor. I have tried to search the forum but can't find any information regarding this matter. Do you guys know if it has been done and how complex the work was.

I'm not scared of tecnical issues. I have built one of the quickest 3000gt/GTO's in the world and right now I'm in the finishing of building an Twin turbo Ultima GTR :)

Best regards,

Mikael Kenson, Stockholm, Sweden

BraindG
04-11-2004, 03:28 PM
:welcome:

There has been talk of converting to left hand drive, however to the best of my knowledge, this has yet to be done.

Marcel
04-11-2004, 04:48 PM
I am doing the conversion and i just today received my car from japan.
As i am living in estonia, we are located quite near to each other.
What year and model you like to convert? I am asking this because mine MAY be for sale after conversion. And if you like to receive any info, please mail me markel@baltifiltrid.ee or call me +372 521 5678. I have VR4 Type-S tiptronic (y2000) 17 000km. There will be also posted some pictures of the progress of the conversion(Hopefully next week already, depends of the customs).
But it is possible and you do need a V6 galant as a donor.

Hope you are interested in it and it would be very nice to have 2 VR4´s in Scandinavia :-D

Where are you planning to buy the VR4?

Good luck

Markel

Marcel
04-11-2004, 04:52 PM
there are some pictures of my car in the members car section.

Markel

Estonia, Tallinn

Ultima GTR
09-11-2004, 03:13 PM
I am doing the conversion and i just today received my car from japan. snip...

Sounds interesting depending on price. I'm kind of short on cash right now. Building theGTR-TT costs...

Marcel
14-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Hi,

i was away in Egypt for a week, now i am back in Estonia, so give me a call if u are interested. I´m going to see the beaty on monday and after a week i hope i have the customs fees paid and everything will be ready for the WORK.

So if u are interes´ted my mobile is +372 521 5678

If u are itereste maybe you´ll come to Estonia to see the car?

Markel

valmes
14-11-2004, 01:32 PM
Legnum VR-4 (converted to LHD) (http://akita-motors.ru/AdaptBase/car_adap9.htm)
Galant VR-4 (converted to LHD) (http://akita-motors.ru/AdaptBase/MITSUBISHI%20GALANT%20VR-4.htm)

4 300 - 4 800$

Oneminde
05-05-2012, 10:50 AM
I was just about to create a new tread regarding this subject but found this tread. Its been quiet for a long time, but perhaps someone will notice.
Apparently there's suppose to be a Danish member that goes by the name "Galant only" or "Galant_Only" who converted a right to left hand drive - anyone know?
Or any information regarding this besides the links posted.

Humpty's Revenge
05-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Search is your friend!

OH & welcome to the club....../Wave

GalantOnly
05-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah, search is your friend.../yes