PDA

View Full Version : EBay mini rant

elnevio
29-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Occasionally, I'll buy or sell a few things on the Bay.

Currently, I have just two transactions ongoing, each one where I am different sides of the fence, as it were.

Long story short... I decided to sell the underused FIFA 2011 game that came with the PS3. And I won a (wait for it, it's proper exciting :zzz:) bottle shelf for the fridge door, as ours snapped a little while ago and I eventually found a replacement part.

I bought the shelf over a week ago now, and the game sold nearly three full days ago. Neither have been in touch with me whatsoever. :angry:

I need the postage amount off the seller of the shelf, as it wasn't listed, and I just need the buyer to cough up for the game - I've sent them both multiple messages, initially (in the case of the shelf) formally requesting through Checkout the total including postage, and (regarding the game) sending the buyer an invoice with the total cost; and then messages explaining that I will be away for a week or so, so unable to deal with stuff that arrives in my inbox then.

It just hacks me off when people don't communicate!! The seller is an established fridge parts business and the buyer has really good (albeit not very high) feedback. I know that the buyer has 7 days really, but they even bid on the item in the last hour of the auction! :veryangry

The business operates (partly) on eBay. Now I know I can contact them by telephone, but why should I have to? :furious3:

It's so annoying because I know when I sell stuff on eBay, that I get it out very quickly, or at least keep the buyer updated if there is a delay for whatever reason. And I know I've bid on something (especially near the auction end) so look to pay up as quickly as possible so that it's all sorted.

The may be valid reasons for the complete lack of communication, but it's particularly grinding with me as I only have two transaction that I'm a party to, and both of them are entrenched in No Man's Land!! :furious4:

:ranton:

Harrumph! :givemebee

Wobble
29-07-2011, 07:53 PM
me and my wife sell between 5 -40 items daily on ebay and i would say 5% of buyers dont pay ,nearly every day we open up cases against non payers .same as feedback only 60% leave feedback aswell. i reply to all serious messages everytime i log on.

i hate ebay and there users but it pays for many things i wouldnt normally get.

peter thomson
29-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Still waiting for my refund which is now overdue as directimports4u have had the foglight since tuesday. Ebay should refund the money then chase them

horndog
29-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Ive had a few try the old classics, " hi Im new, just won X, can you post to Italy / Nigeria etc.... please can you send economy and not signed for to save cost....."
Not lost anything yet, but bloody annoying

elnevio
12-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Still no payment for the game, and still no response from the seller about the fridge. So I've told the seller to do one, as I have now sourced the shelf elsewhere. And the buyer has been reported.

Which led me on to the buyer requirements page on eBay (after having a bit of a search).

Now, if you didn't know, if a buyer wins something but doesn't pay, and you open and close an unpaid item case against them successfully, then an unpaid item strike gets registered against their name. A small irritation with this is that you can't see who has got these strikes against their name or not.

However! You can go to the Buyer Requirements (http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences) section, and adjust a few settings, including, say eliminating anyone with 2 unpaid item strikes in the last month. So I have done this now, and hopefully it will prove to be successful! If you weren't already aware of it Dave, it would probably be a big help.

Of course, it doesn't stop new buyers doing the same. But you can block those with less than 5 feedback anyway. Having said that, I am not a fan of this, as we all started at zero!