PDA

View Full Version : Legnum Sat Nav

Antony_Baker
05-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Apologies if this has been asked before but does anyone know if a UK satnav disc can be obtained to replace the Japanese one that comes with the imported model and sat nav as default ?

Also, what else does the ikkle sat nav do other than shwo you where you are in japan ? Does it control the stereo as well as the air con ? If it controls the stereo, doers it cause problems if I fit my own head unit ?

Sorry about the questions but my old Legnum had teh basic little screen that controled the aircon and I'd like to know what to expect.

Cheers
Antony

ps. The dealer shots that have been sent to me of the Green Legnum arent very good, I've never seen a green one before, does anyone own one or have any pictures of one ?

BraindG
05-11-2004, 12:00 PM
yeah, bonsai boys got a green one (very dark admittidly)
yup, that mmcs controls all aircon.. you would have to replace the whole thing if you wanted to install your own headunit. but, i do happen to know someone who has a centre console with the aircon controls still on it..

btw: the search function works a treat :laugh: :p :D

Antony_Baker
05-11-2004, 12:30 PM
I did check the forums mate, but most of the discussion is based around actually wanting to convert the language.

I'm guessing that the language settings are held in permenant storage somewhere between cd and screen and that the temporary storage are teh maps themselves as teh language remains japanese even after the map disc is removed.

What I really am asking is, has anyone been able to get hold of maps of UK and or Europe that work with the Satnav screen. The japanese language I guess I would eventually get used to.

Cheers
Antony

SGHOM
05-11-2004, 02:11 PM
It cant be done. :sad3: we're stuck with it I'm afraid !!
but you soon get used to all the functions.
www.protech.co.uk can convert it it, but all that can be done is a PAL to NTSC converter fitted & an aftermarket sat nav system. but it wont be touch screen as it is now, so not worth the £2K conversion cost !! :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5

Lurch
05-11-2004, 04:12 PM
You can replace the head unit, have done it myself. The air con/GPS still works fine with another head unit in place.

The only options I've lost is the TV and the CD Stacker, the TV is useless for me being that it's NTSC and doesnt pickup much so I can live without that and the new head unit is MP3/WMA so many more hours of music than a stacker.

dickytim
06-11-2004, 04:58 AM
as lurch said, and it is super easy to do aswell, BTW the question on if an English disc, or if other discs exist for the MMCS system has been asked and answered many times over.