PDA

View Full Version : Scottish-meet

Big Ian
07-11-2004, 08:10 AM
:wavey: as spoke about (slightly) on another thread,Craig,Brian-H7 and myself would like a wee meet soon.
at the moment "strathclyde country park" on a sunday has been spoke about.
anyone else want to join in?we could use this as a "get to know more about each other" type of meet,find a cafe and have a good ole chat over coffee and cake's and maybe see about sorting out an event/show for next year that we could take part-in (jap-show)...knockhill,crail and help stamp CVR4 about Scotland.....well what do you guy's think?
if it's strathie-park,it would be better meeting Mid-to Late afternoon and if anyone want's,they wait to see "the cruise"
(sunday night's are well knowin for cruise meet's at the park)
http://www.strathycruise.com/frameset.htm
__________________________________________________ _________________________________
NAMES,
Craig!
H7
Scottish Ian

Roadrunner
07-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Ian,

From your other thread, if Strathclyde Park is a no-go zone, maybe decide once all the names are in and pick somewhere in the middle? Scotland's no' short of open space ... ;)

Brian

Big Ian
07-11-2004, 10:49 PM
most off the trouble ive heard about,only happen's at night...but your right Brian there's load's of places we could have a meet...could even try a service station,Harthill for example,main road,easy to get to,ample parking and fresh coffee?

strangebat
07-11-2004, 11:08 PM
I've heard a few bad things about strathy park recently, hows about meetin up somewhere with hotel those who want to can stay, have a few beers etc

Big Ian
07-11-2004, 11:20 PM
I've heard a few bad things about strathy park recently, hows about meetin up somewhere with hotel those who want to can stay, have a few beers etc

:thumbsup: :-D...just a few? :beerbang:

Roadrunner
08-11-2004, 05:00 AM
Harthill for example
Harthill closed on 31st October - going to be re-developed ...

craig-1
09-11-2004, 06:38 PM
:wavey: as spoke about (slightly) on another thread,Craig,Brian-H7 and myself would like a wee meet soon.
at the moment "strathclyde country park" on a sunday has been spoke about.
anyone else want to join in?we could use this as a "get to know more about each other" type of meet,find a cafe and have a good ole chat over coffee and cake's and maybe see about sorting out an event/show for next year that we could take part-in (jap-show)...knockhill,crail and help stamp CVR4 about Scotland.....well what do you guy's think?
if it's strathie-park,it would be better meeting Mid-to Late afternoon and if anyone want's,they wait to see "the cruise"
(sunday night's are well knowin for cruise meet's at the park)
http://www.strathycruise.com/frameset.htm
__________________________________________________ _________________________________
NAMES,
Craig!
H7
Scottish Ian

dont know about the coffee n cake bit:drunk: but ill be into a couple o beers:-D just let me know an ill be there bud

ritch_w
25-11-2004, 11:17 PM
count me in as well, if its a day time thing!
:)

Big Ian
05-12-2004, 01:03 PM
ok let's get the wheel's rollin on this!

how does this look for a meet/dayout ?

www.sterlingmotormania.co.uk
(more of a classic theme to it)

also i'm going to ask if they have a Jap-Car day/show planned for next year as they cater for all car taste.
on that note who would like to take part in a jap-car show/event in scotland next year..ie=Knockhill,Crail or local show's?

Roadrunner
05-12-2004, 02:30 PM
Looks good to me :) Bit different, which is :cool1:

Big Ian
05-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Looks good to me :) Bit different, which is :cool1:

ive got a passion for older car's and this place look's like it got thing's we can have a bit O fun with aswell (car game's/fun,cafe,bar)
and if we want to make a bigger event from it, Stirling aint to far away for a night out?
Also plenty of good road's in the area ;) .

strangebat
05-12-2004, 11:32 PM
looks ideal, good find Ian, lets set a date-before xmas??

Big Ian
05-12-2004, 11:37 PM
looks ideal, good find Ian, lets set a date-before xmas??

for a day meet or over night?..i should be OK for a day meet,before Xmas

strangebat
06-12-2004, 10:46 PM
i just realised there are only a couple of weekends left to x-mas, and i'm sure a lot of people are busy until then, so it may be better to leave it till the new year.

Big Ian
07-12-2004, 12:31 AM
i just realised there are only a couple of weekends left to x-mas, and i'm sure a lot of people are busy until then, so it may be better to leave it till the new year.

yeah,fair point Yan..howz about mid jan-05? (once the hang over has cured)

Roadrunner
07-12-2004, 12:58 AM
That's good for me :) Kinda busy at weekends just now anyway - in the process of buying a house through in your neck of the woods ;) and hoping to get it within the next couple of weeks so could be busy moving furniture soon ...

Big Ian
07-12-2004, 01:35 AM
( ;) with-out to much detail)...what area are you looking at Brian?

Big Ian
13-12-2004, 12:56 PM
just thought i'd drop new's of a local meet.....this friday night a local web-site is trying to get a meet/cruise together? http://www.lomondcruise.com/
either at Lomond shore's (Balloch) or Drumchaple retail park (burger king+pizza hut)....if anyone is interested give me a shout an i'll keep you up-dated
don't think it'll be to busy about 20 modded car's from Greenock+Glasgow,and some from stirling and of course west Dunbartonshire.
get's you out the house for a while and maybe wee could brain wash them into buying Galant's (in some shape or form :rolleyes5 )

Roadrunner
13-12-2004, 01:02 PM
what area are you looking at Brian?
Howwood. Hoping to get the keys this week :)

Roadrunner
13-12-2004, 01:04 PM
if anyone is interested give me a shout
Can't do Friday evenings or Saturdays for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid :(

Big Ian
13-12-2004, 04:26 PM
Howwood. Hoping to get the keys this week :)

nice area,some very nice house's there.
the area is about half way between,Yan,myself +Craig,Ritch,louis
hope it all goes well ;) .

strangebat
13-12-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm sick of having to re-register on that site, Ian let me know if anything comes of it. cheers
yan

Big Ian
03-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Hi guy's hope you all had a nice time over the new year :D
just thought i'd see if anyone would be interested in a "wee gathering" at the venue i'd posted last month?..we can have a look at some history, talk about forth-coming scottish event's or just talk about anything at-all and have a bit of a laugh with the R/C car's etc...

how does: sunday 30th jan sound?

http://www.sterlingmotormania.co.uk/

also if anyone is interested,their will be a meet/cruise on the 5th Feb in Helensburgh..it's still getting put together but there should be car club's from all area's of scotland......

strangebat
03-01-2005, 09:55 PM
sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Roadrunner
04-01-2005, 04:41 PM
how does: sunday 30th jan sound?
Don't know if I can make the 30th - I'll find out in a couple of weeks ...

Update: Rearranged things so I can now make the 30th :)

Roadrunner
21-01-2005, 01:52 AM
So, are we on for the 30th?

Big Ian
21-01-2005, 02:05 AM
yeah :D i am..
(for some reason or another i thought the scot-jap meet was the week after......Dooh!! :rolleyes5 "need sleep......")

ritch_w
21-01-2005, 11:46 AM
cant do 30th - cellic game!

should bo ok for jap meet tho on 6th mar

paulmc
25-01-2005, 01:55 AM
Offshore for them both :(

Paul

Big Ian
26-01-2005, 07:07 AM
anyone still up for this "wee meet" or are folk thinking more in favour of the scottish-jap club meet in march?

Roadrunner
26-01-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm easy, Ian. If it's not worth doing for three, happy to wait till March. I'm sure Mrs H would be happy to see me on Sunday seeing she doesn't get to see me much any other time now ;)

Big Ian
26-01-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm easy, Ian. If it's not worth doing for three, happy to wait till March. I'm sure Mrs H would be happy to see me on Sunday seeing she doesn't get to see me much any other time now ;)

March it is then ;) ,ive spoke to Yan and march would be better for him also.
just mean's that we'll have load's of Jap-motor's to view......which aint a bad thing :) and atleast there will be plenty folk at it?

Roadrunner
26-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Coolio :) See y'all in March!

ritch_w
26-01-2005, 05:06 PM
cool :-b

strangebat
26-01-2005, 10:14 PM
hooray :-b

p1ggm
05-03-2005, 10:57 AM
see you all tomorrow, we also have a crail day booked for the 16th of april if anyone is interested /yes

HJM
05-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Good luck for tomorrow, guys, hope you all have a great day :thumbsup:

Big Ian
05-03-2005, 04:09 PM
:thumbsup: we will
i'm just going back out to finish cleaning,and i'll take my camera tomorrow should be over 40 jap-car's to snap away at :smug:

h6tls
05-03-2005, 05:35 PM
sorry folks im not guing to make it tomorrow, have to work instead.

hope to make the next one. Hoping to take wife and kids away for weekend sometime soon. hopefully same time as a meet.

anyway have a good time.

p1ggm
06-03-2005, 08:37 PM
big thanks to all the vr4s that came along, everyone was well impressed with your cars..

Thanks very much :thumbsup:

and hope to see you all at the next one

Kieran
06-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Let's see some piccies then!! :evil2:

p1ggm
06-03-2005, 10:50 PM
http://www.japclub.co.uk/events/sjcmeet/index.htm

temp gallery has just uploaded...not 56k friendly thou

Big Ian
06-03-2005, 11:17 PM
just like to say,my family and i had an enjoyable time, :thumbsup: some very tasty jap car's on show and an ideal venue,BIG-THANK'S to all within motor-mania for a freindly welcome and a Massive pat on the back for the guy's within scottish jap car for putting it together :thumbsup:
also it was great to catch up with Brian (H7), Ritchie (Ritch-w) and Yan (strangebat)
most my pici are the same as "P1ggm's"...except these?
my eldest and her car?...she wishes!

Big Ian
06-03-2005, 11:34 PM
more........ :happy:

p1ggm
06-03-2005, 11:41 PM
glad you had a good day, i couldent fault the staff at motormania one bit, all very good, and i have sent them a nice email praising all of them, was a good day, and the weather stayed fair

they said they would add our name to there list of clubs and hopefully invite us back...and if they do invite us...we all get free entry

Big Ian
06-03-2005, 11:52 PM
http://www.japclub.co.uk/events/sjcmeet/index.htm

temp gallery has just uploaded...not 56k friendly thou

some more:you may have to be registered with scottish jap club to veiw these pictures?
http://www.japclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=597