PDA

View Full Version : FS Ebay: Tactrix Openport 2.0 with all reflashing cables

foxdie
21-08-2011, 12:14 PM
For all you would-be VR-4 tuners out there;

TACTRIX Openport 2.0 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/260838972863) for £95 Incl. Delivery.
Those with a 7201 ECU can use this to log and read / clear fault codes on most of the ECUs on the car (not just the engine).
Those with a 7202 or 7203 can do all the above plus reflash the ECU using ECUFlash :thumbsup:
I've asked the guy if it comes with all reflash connectors and he confirmed yes, including the Mitsi one. I believe it's safe to ignore the part about Mitsubishi being unsupported as it's just a case of uploading the right firmware to the tactrix unit (something Ecuflash and EvoScan automatically take care of).

vr4drifta
21-08-2011, 12:40 PM
hi jas will this clear ecu codes etc.. and did you manage to look at the auto ecu mate.

adaxo
21-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Any chance to organise GB on this??

edit. sorry just read ebay ad and is one off/pan:sleeping:

foxdie
21-08-2011, 03:58 PM
hi jas will this clear ecu codes etc.. and did you manage to look at the auto ecu mate.

Yep and Yep, sent pics to Atik of the Autobox ECU :)

vr4drifta
21-08-2011, 04:30 PM
thanx mate you couldnt post up any info on the autobox ecu pls.

GalantOnly
07-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Sorry for hijacking... What software do we need to be able to read ROM image on 7201?

Davezj
08-09-2011, 04:33 PM
i believe you can do it with evoscan.

pezza
08-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Hmm I need to get myself one of these cables... Are Tactrix the best source?

foxdie
10-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Another OP 2.0 found on ebay; Tactrix openport 2.0 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/220998112924)

Davezj
10-04-2012, 05:18 PM
just thought i would say you can buy the open port cable new for about £110-£120
make that £125 shipped to your door from the USA. but you might get stung by customs for duty (10%) and VAT (20%) on top of the duty.
which makes it actually £165 all in, maybe the buy it now price is not so bad.

exchange rate was much better when i bought my cable.

exevoowner
10-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Is there a way to hard wire the ecu to a in car pc ???????????

Davezj
10-04-2012, 05:27 PM
yes via an openport 2.0 cable
if you just want to monitor with evoscan then VAGcom cable for £5 will do the trick.
Ground pin 1 to get diagnostic mode , you can disable the flashing dash (in evoscan menu).

foxdie
10-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Ground pin 1 to get diagnostic mode , you can disable the flashing dash (in evoscan menu).

Have you actually managed to do that?

With a generic VAGcom cable you can either ground pin 1 to pin 4 in the cable permanently so it activates diagnostic mode when the cable is connected (in Nige's case, all the time), or fit a switch to do it for you (only ground when you need to log).

When you log, the dash lights will always flash when stationary, even if you disable the flashing dash, I've never been able to stop that behaviour, even with an OP 2.0 adapter.

So for Niges use case, he'll always have flashing lights when logging, it's just up to him whether he wants to fit the switch to stop flashing lights when he's not logging or not ;)

Ps. The lights always stop flashing when you start moving Nige.

Davezj
10-04-2012, 08:49 PM
i will check to see if it does stop the flashing dash.
i is advertised as being able to stop it flashing in the evoscan website blurb, but then it says evoscan will clear all fault codes and we know that doesn't work very well.

foxdie
10-04-2012, 08:55 PM
I've not had problems clearing any fault codes, just reading EFI fault codes, but then the paperclip trick can help with that ;)

exevoowner
10-04-2012, 10:37 PM
yea all well n good but does the plug get in the way when driving or interfere in anyway ?

Davezj
10-04-2012, 11:37 PM
right i have done some testing,
and the cheap vag com cable does work well but as jason says you can't turn off the flashy dash feature and if you try to enable the the switch off flashy dash from within evoscan it fails to connect to the ECU so don't both trying.
you have to ground pin 1 on the diagnostic connector and use the open port 1.3 and Mitsi MUT option. the cable connected to the ECU fine for logging data.
i would suggest having the cable connected to Car PC but tuck the cable away somewhere until you want to use it then flick the grounding switch and plug the cable in to start logging the data. Or you can leave the cable connected but move the diagnostic connector from vertical to horizontal to hide the cable connection.

but it is up to you really.

foxdie
11-04-2012, 10:19 AM
There's 2 possible driving interferences I can foresee;

1. Your left leg rubbing against the cable, but as you're an auto, this probably won't be an issue
2. Flashing dash lights when stationary

If you can live with those, you could leave the cable permanently connected.

Louis
11-04-2012, 09:47 PM
The OBDII connector on the car under the dash is held in a metal bracket, you can remove the connector from the bracket and tape it up behind the dash so if it was connected to a cable all the time it would not be in the way ;)

Nick Mann
11-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Jason - been meaning to ask you about ecuflash and the openport 2.0. I plugged it in to Richys ECU the other weekend as he wanted to check some stuff through evoscan. That worked fine. I tried to see if I could read his ecu from ecuflash but just kept getting errors. Do I need to so something specific to software somewhere to make it work? I assume as evoscan worked fine the cable is okay?

foxdie
11-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Jason - been meaning to ask you about ecuflash and the openport 2.0. I plugged it in to Richys ECU the other weekend as he wanted to check some stuff through evoscan. That worked fine. I tried to see if I could read his ecu from ecuflash but just kept getting errors. Do I need to so something specific to software somewhere to make it work? I assume as evoscan worked fine the cable is okay?

Do you know what ECU he had? What errors were you seeing?

Nick Mann
11-04-2012, 11:04 PM
It's a first facelift, so chances are it is a 7202. I can't remember the error, but it seemed fundamental. I had to select what kind of ecu it was and the list didn't give a perfect match. Do I need definition files on my laptop first?

Davezj
12-04-2012, 12:30 AM
have a look at this thread and it should explain everything i went through to get it to work.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?62096-ecuFlash-1-43-3252&highlight=ecuflash+1.43

read through it fist before you do anything as i had a cable issue which caused most of my issues which was fixed at the end of the thread, but i think i explained what was required with screen shots to make it obvious for others to follow.

foxdie
12-04-2012, 10:13 AM
It's a first facelift, so chances are it is a 7202. I can't remember the error, but it seemed fundamental. I had to select what kind of ecu it was and the list didn't give a perfect match. Do I need definition files on my laptop first?

Right, there's a small chance it's a H8/539 like mine, which means you'll need MMCFlash. Best get Rich to pop the ECU out and confirm the numbers on the chip.

For reading a 7202, you wanna read it as the following;

And for a 7203 (later facelift) it's the next one down. Also, you'll need the reflashing connector plugged in to read it.

Goreden
12-04-2012, 06:45 PM
For all you would-be VR-4 tuners out there;

TACTRIX Openport 2.0 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/260838972863) for £95 Incl. Delivery.
Those with a 7201 ECU can use this to log and read / clear fault codes on most of the ECUs on the car (not just the engine).
Those with a 7202 or 7203 can do all the above plus reflash the ECU using ECUFlash :thumbsup:
I've asked the guy if it comes with all reflash connectors and he confirmed yes, including the Mitsi one. I believe it's safe to ignore the part about Mitsubishi being unsupported as it's just a case of uploading the right firmware to the tactrix unit (something Ecuflash and EvoScan automatically take care of).

Forgive me my stupid question here guys and tell me to get lost if u want, but could someone explain to me (a simpleton when it comes to cars) what u can do to the car with this, it really interests me to me to know whats going on with the car but all sounds alien to me
again sorry in advance

Nick Mann
12-04-2012, 10:14 PM
This cable allows you to reflash your VR4's ecu, or simply listen in to what the ecu is doing. With the right software you can monitor a fair few inputs and outputs on the VR4, just a few:
Air flow, air temp, knock, timing advance, throttle position, battery level, water temp, lambda sensor, atmospheric pressure, individual wheel speed sensors, etc.
You can operate various things on the car, like AYC pump, boost solenoids etc.
You can also potentially reflash your ecu, which can change the fuelling, boost, timing etc or even start doing things like launch control, switchable maps, etc.