PDA

View Full Version : Help with a CRB check?

Humpty's Revenge
24-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Right I need to find out if someone has a criminal record so what & how is the cheapest way to find this out please?

It might need an in depth search & must be extremely up to date like within the last 4 - 6 weeks, is this updated on a regular basis?

TIA..........

chris g
24-08-2011, 05:18 PM
An individual can, or could at least a few years ago, apply at a Police Station for a CRB and then show it to you - can take quite a few weeks to arrive...

Nutter_John
24-08-2011, 07:17 PM
You may need to do an enhanced CRB , or a disclosure scotland as they cover more ground than the basic checks - these normaly have to be done through an agency and you need a good reason for doing it , more important you need permission from the individual that your checking out

andyleaves
25-08-2011, 05:05 PM
You may need to do an enhanced CRB , or a disclosure scotland as they cover more ground than the basic checks - these normaly have to be done through an agency and you need a good reason for doing it , more important you need permission from the individual that your checking out

also need £40 & several forms of ID however you can have one done on yourself, if you run a search on lonine you shuld be able to find the agency that handles these.

As stated previously the old police check only checks criminal record's the enhanced checks everything. List 99, sexd offenders cautions etc., and are bang up to date. however they can take months to complile because they are so deatailed.
I have to have one done each year as a teacher.

exevoowner
25-08-2011, 05:36 PM
just google there name it will give you most news reports

Wobble
25-08-2011, 07:12 PM
i have one done on me yearly also due to me possibly working in sensitive areas (police stations , prisons , schools , hospitals ect)