PDA

View Full Version : to clean or not to clean?

Wobble
03-09-2011, 09:52 AM
might clean my car today ,hasnt seen a sponge since a brought it, bit affraid that when i get the dirt and grime off that i will find yet more bodgies or even that the dirt and grime is holding things on.

on a different note , if i debadge the back ( some badges are missing anyway) would there be any marks underneath where they were , or should i just refit the badges as i have the spares.

Nick VR4
03-09-2011, 10:30 AM
If you remove them carefully there shouldnt be any marks and a quick polish would help

Humpty's Revenge
03-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Dave if you are on about the vr4 badge bud it wont leave a mark but you might be able to still see where it was.

All the ones I have taken of seem to leave an out line!

OH if you do wash it & make it rain I've already got a patent in for that idea :smash:

Ghost_2008
03-09-2011, 02:59 PM
The badges were removed from my leggie before purchase, no real marks but the paint holds a very faint impression of the badge as if the paint was still soft when the badges went on...... only noticable when your up close and personal.

Wobble
04-09-2011, 03:16 PM
well i did clean it and de badge it , wish i hadnt bothered as found more stone chips and rust , oh well you live and learn