PDA

View Full Version : 2000 2.5 V6 Sport 55k FSH

Phil S
11-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Just found out that baby number two (total surprise!) is on the way so am probably going to have to sell my 2.5 V6 Sport and get something cheaper before the misses gives up work...

I'm in no particular hurry at the moment, and won't be advertising elsewhere until the new year but here are the details if anyone's interested: -

2000 on a 'W' 2.5 V6 Sport in dark metallic blue with matching cloth seats and carbon fibre effect dash.

55k on the clock, with full service history, some main dealer, some independent. It had the full 54k cambelt service six months ago, including the hydraulic tensioner and also had all other belts changed. Cost near on £800 as I recall.

Two months ago had two Eagle F1's put on the front and four weeks ago had two Continental's put on the back. Total cost £450.

The car in general is in tip top condition, and is completely standard. It has the factory fitted six disc changer in the boot and comes with climate control and Cobra thatcham alarm/imobiliser - both are fitted as standard I think.

There are a couple of things that need sorting out - 1. both rear alloys need replacing as they are buckled (according to the tyre fitter) 2. Electric aerial motor has had it, replacement from Halfords is about £50, though it is just in the up position permanantly at the mo.

It has got a few months MOT, but I will get one done now if there is serious interest.

Considering the money I've spent in the last few months and the excellent condition, I'd probably take £5,600 for the car as it is now.

Feel free to e-mail me on Phil.Senior@RBS.co.uk if you want to come and take a look.

The Vee
11-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Congrats on the No.2 and shame about Galant but of course priorities have to be family. Best wishes to you both. Maybe you'll find a way to keep the Galant as well !!

ritch_w
18-11-2004, 10:56 AM
dont sell!!!!

i bought the galant after we just had baby no2!! :D

I-S
18-11-2004, 03:26 PM
Perhaps a trade-in for a GLS estate? ;)

strangebat
18-11-2004, 10:54 PM
i bought the galant after we just had baby no2!!

I used baby no2 as an excuse to buy the legnum, and it worked :-D

KiwiTT
19-11-2004, 02:01 AM
Keep the car, if you like it. You know the history. If you buy something else, you may inherit more costs than you need.

Fuel is just one cost of the car. How much are you expecting to save with a lessor car.

Phil S
19-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the comments, thing is not the cost of running the car that's the problem, I need to free up some cash to pay of some debts.......

Big Ian
19-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the comments, thing is not the cost of running the car that's the problem, I need to free up some cash to pay of some debts.......
good luck mate,ive been in that position before :sad3: .....but family comes first.