PDA

View Full Version : Facelift locks/remote.

Nick Mann
11-09-2011, 07:59 PM
In ripping apart my facelift car I will be left with a full set of locks, and the key that has two buttons. For those that don't know, the facelift has a lock button and an unlock button on the key. If you lock the car and then press and hold the lock button the car rolls all the windows up. Unlocking and then pressing and holding the unlock button rolls the front windows down.

What do you think would be needed to adapt a prefacelift to this? Potentially I can keep all the bits to the side as an upgrade for someone but I'm not sure what would be needed. I'm assuming the key, the lock set, the black box under the stereo that says things on it that make it sound like the radio reciever for the remote, and....? I was wondering about the etacs, but would that mean a loom change too?

Answers on a postcode....

crazydriver81
11-09-2011, 09:56 PM
You will definitely need to have the suitable remote receiver and the fitting ETACS. Should not require any changes to the loom as the ETACS unit can be removed from the rear of the interior fuse box easily. To be 100% sure I would consider to supply the full fuse box.

How much are you looking for, for the full set?

GalantOnly
12-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Very nice info, Nick. Didn't know that it was possible...
I'm almost sure, that it's ETASC that doing the trick. I just checked the ETASC wiring on FL, and it's the same as PFL. So no need to change the wiring, I guess. Is your ETASC is MR397884?

BTW, I'm still interested in the stalk and gear surrounding ;) But can you confirm that on the stalk, the small connector (10-pin), have ALL 10 pins present? Just PM me... Have space enough in the inbox now /pan

Nick Mann
12-09-2011, 07:51 PM
I've no idea on what to ask for the set Stefan, as I have no idea if it will work!

And Alex - It's not info to tell people how to do it, more a question of if it can be done. I'll go and check that indicator stalk now.

Nick Mann
12-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Is your ETASC is MR397884?

Yes.

GalantOnly
12-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Nick, the info for me was that it's was possible to use the buttons that way on Galants - I didn't knew that!
I just tried to use the ETASC from FL VR-4 on my 2.0TD (FL) and which has the facelift remote (not in the key, but a separate square remote with two buttons on it) and IT WORKED! Windows went up and down (only front doors) as you described.
But now the strange part is comming: afterwards I tried the same trick with PFL VR-4 ETASC... And guess what - IT WORKED TOO...

So it's not the ETASC that does the magic. It's a FL remote and remote ECU...

adaxo
13-09-2011, 01:13 AM
Same here, I find this out after few months of ownership vr4, but in rather hard way, after go back from weekly shopping in Asda windows was down and it was bloody raining b4 but me and my miss was waiting in the store till its stop.
Just find out last week that, when your lights is on and you apply hand brake front lights switch itself off and back on after hand brake is release ??? Weird

GalantOnly
13-09-2011, 01:34 AM
when your lights is on and you apply hand brake front lights switch itself off and back on after hand brake is release ??? Weird

WTF?! This feature is made by Mitsubishi for your car only then :)

adaxo
13-09-2011, 01:43 AM
WTF?! This feature is made by Mitsubishi for your car only then :)

Did you check your stable of vr4s yet ? :)
I was try to find some "special" relays, but is all look original for me, not see any home made changes.

sampsulo
13-09-2011, 10:38 AM
my friends FL does thi...but the buttons on my remote dont work...changed the batteries and its not that....what it could it be?

crazydriver81
15-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Can confirm, that you just need to swap the remote computer/receiver if you want to have that window up/down feature via the remote. Done that today and have this working in my PFL now.

@Sampa: just check the rubber button in the key for dirt. Had the same and it turned out, that the button was sticky.

sampsulo
16-09-2011, 07:19 AM
how do i know my ETACS thingy is not buggered?

crazydriver81
16-09-2011, 10:05 AM
how do i know my ETACS thingy is not buggered?

because it has nothing to do with the ETACS? If the ETACS is knackered, it will not do "bing,bing" on door open and key in for example

sampsulo
16-09-2011, 11:36 AM
i shall give it a go then and report back

WOODY72
16-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Are there any special features with the cobra remote. (black with 2 grey buttons)? Sorry for hi-jack.

Wembe
10-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Same here, I find this out after few months of ownership vr4, but in rather hard way, after go back from weekly shopping in Asda windows was down and it was bloody raining b4 but me and my miss was waiting in the store till its stop.
Just find out last week that, when your lights is on and you apply hand brake front lights switch itself off and back on after hand brake is release ??? Weird

Does this lights thing work on anyone else's car?

adaxo
10-11-2011, 02:10 PM
I don't know yet, but after we try to compare with Stu (FL) car on the last NW meet mine and Stu didn't work (dim) on day/light, but I was trying later in the same day after dark and is start to work again, so is very weird and interesting how that is done, by mitsu or homebrew thingy.

Atik
10-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Adam, I have the same light thing on my car. I think its part of a light sensor feature, as I have a little sensor on my dash.

adaxo
10-11-2011, 04:28 PM
I presume is something to do with sensor on the dash, the question is, it is standard feature or aftermarket one??. I was trying to find any signs of messing with wires around handbrake and its all look pretty original for me.:rolleyes4/Hmmm

Atik
10-11-2011, 04:39 PM
In my car, I think there is a relay near the brake pedal, as I can hear a small click when this feature activates. In mine it also works if I stop with my foot on the brake pedal

Wembe
12-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Thats pretty cool, cant wait to try. I tried during the day it doesn't work. will try tonight.

WOODY72
12-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Are there any special features with the cobra remote. (black with 2 grey buttons)? Sorry for hi-jack.

Does anybody know?

Wembe
12-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Does anyone have any idea on how to extend the remote key range. mine works from pretty close and i would like it to work from further off.

Nick Mann
12-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Graham, the only features I know are the small button, which acts as a panic alarm, unless you have just armed the alarm, in which case it turns of the internal sensor.

Mark 4
12-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Graham, the only features I know are the small button, which acts as a panic alarm, unless you have just armed the alarm, in which case it turns of the internal sensor.

Yep, that's the same as mine. No window uppy downy jiggery pokery unfortunately.

WOODY72
13-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Cheers Nick. :thumbsup:

adamvortex
29-11-2011, 07:26 PM
will the F/L corba alarm system (round blk fob with grey buttons) need an external module for the window closure or is there a secret way to function it from the key fob remote??

@ wembe- I asked about the range on these alarms when i was at mitsubishi HQ they told me that when the alarms were fitted at portbury docks,sometimes the fitter didnt unwind the aerial lead from the alarm box,so check that you havent got a single black wire coiled up if you have this could be the range problem your having.