PDA

View Full Version : Newbi question

DaveLee71
12-11-2004, 12:24 AM
Hi all,
Going to be getting a VR4 in the next few weeks fingers crossed and need to ask something.
Does anyone use a Knocklink on their cars on am I being a bit thick and you can't fit one to the VR4.
I've got an Impreza Turbo at the moment and have one sat in my garage which I never fitted so I'm undecided whether to sell it or not.
Hope I don't sound too dumb!!

If bigdaveackers reads this. How is your car after the rolling road session at Well Lane earlier this year, mine was the Blue Scooby wagon that was first on.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Dave

SGHOM
12-11-2004, 12:36 AM
BDA's car at the rolling rd was a bit sick !! only recording 278 bhp.
mine, on the other hand, registered 333 bhp. the most powerful car there !! :-b
until I had to abort the session because of gearbox probs. :rolleyes5

DaveLee71
12-11-2004, 12:38 AM
Was yours the silver one with the bonnet ducts?
Or the white saloon?

Dave

SGHOM
12-11-2004, 12:40 AM
Was yours the silver one with the bonnet ducts?
Or the white saloon?

Dave the silver one, now running 100 bhp of NOS !! :-b

DaveLee71
12-11-2004, 12:41 AM
Just checked members cars and answered my own question!!
Oh I remember nowhow well it lookson those wheels!
Car's looking good!!

Anything I really need to check when I go to look at one?

Dave

Jimbo
12-11-2004, 01:06 AM
Hi Dave,

welcome to the club. :)

For info, then have you checked the buyers guide under the Resources tab at the top of the site? It's pretty thorough and answers most queries I had at the time.

Known problems have been gearbox (on autos mainly) and AYC pump problems, both very costly to repair.

Service history is VERY important on these cars, but then you probably know this having had the Scooby.

Cheers,
Jim

nick-f1
14-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone use a Knocklink on their cars on am I being a bit thick and you can't fit one to the VR4.

Dave

Errmm what is a knocklink?

Or am I being a bit thick? :$

wirdy
14-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Errmm what is a knocklink?

Or am I being a bit thick? :$

Nick, it's one of THESE (http://www.dpmotorsport.com/parts/knocklink/home.htm) ;)

nick-f1
19-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Nick, it's one of THESE (http://www.dpmotorsport.com/parts/knocklink/home.htm) ;)

Cheers Nige.......... as confucious say " enlightenment beckons" :laugh: :$ or in Benny Hill terms " learning learning all the time"